Streaming the Sabres Legally

BMWR100RT

I pay for DirectV just so I can watch the Sabres games. I watch the Bills in my shop over a an antennae and feel I pay for it in the endless erectile disfunction and beer ads I am forced to watch. When a game is on the NFL Network I head out to watch with friends. My wife watches Game of Thrones on HBO. We spend over 1300 dolars a year on this and everything else we watch on Netflix and Amazon Prime which have their own fees.

With the Disney News yesterday it's clear a streaming world is the future. I want to pay to watch legally, but not 1200 dollars legally. I am sure it has been said that Center Ice blacks out local games and I am not interested in IP spoofing. I own a software company and understand rights. So does anyone know of a legal way and or have knowledge of anything coming anytime soon that would resolve this?

Edited by BMWR100RT

I'm in New Jersey. My buddy pays for an extra cable box at his mom's house in WNY and we use the Slingbox to watch the Bills games.

Get a fire stick.

What was the Disney news yesterday?

Disney is taking their content off Netflix and starting their own streaming service. It won't be long before everyone who whined about cable companies and wanted to pay for TV ala cart are going to get their wish. Only it's going to cost double and they will have to go to a different stupid app for each different thing they want to watch.

Yeah! More usernames and passwords!

I'm in New Jersey. My buddy pays for an extra cable box at his mom's house in WNY and we use the Slingbox to watch the Bills games.

My mom recently started living on her own and is in major $$$ saving mode.  I should look into doing this for her.  I have an extra tv in my house that is almost never used.  How exactly does it work and are you able to change channels at all or does that need to be done on the cable box itself?

So does a firestick actually allow you some way to stream the games? And is that some legal loophole or is it IP spoofing?

And where did you see that the NHL would be part of the ESPN Deal?

As to the fire stick, unless you subscribe (pay for) to something allowing you to stream MSG in market, you're boned.

Disney, effective now, owns the streaming rights to the NHL. NHL.tv is now a Disney property. I've read in a few places they're going to include this, along with MLB and MLS (for which they also own the streaming rights now) in their ESPN package. There has been speculation that you could still buy all three individually, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Let me see if I get the *big picture* that Disney is now going to operate under...

They where losing money (in their eyes) under they old cable/dish format by over charging millions of people for programs they didn't want so.....

They have decided to way over charge only the people that really want their programs ( which is millions fewer in number from the old way) and figure they are going to make more money?

I know millennials want what they want and want it now, but they are very frugal.  

Let me see if I get the *big picture* that Disney is now going to operate under...

They where losing money (in their eyes) under they old cable/dish format by over charging millions of people for programs they didn't want so.....

They have decided to way over charge only the people that really want their programs ( which is millions fewer in number from the old way) and figure they are going to make more money?

I know millennials want what they want and want it now, but they are very frugal.  

Gotta be frugal. The housing market sucks, wages haven't kept up with inflation since the late 90's, student loan debt, no jobs and health insurance is a fortune. 

That said I will not pay for all of ESPN to watch 82 hockey games a year. Screw that noise. 

Gotta be frugal. The housing market sucks, wages haven't kept up with inflation since the late 90's, student loan debt, no jobs and health insurance is a fortune. 

That said I will not pay for all of ESPN to watch 82 hockey games a year. Screw that noise. 

Damn millenials 

This has nothing to do with millennials.  Plenty of people have been sick of cable's all-or-nothing approach for a long, long time.  Cord-cutting is at an all-time high and continues to accelerate.  Companies like Disney are forced to adapt to the market's desires.

Edited by Eleven

My mom recently started living on her own and is in major $$$ saving mode.  I should look into doing this for her.  I have an extra tv in my house that is almost never used.  How exactly does it work and are you able to change channels at all or does that need to be done on the cable box itself?

Yes, you can change the channel and even turn the cable box on/off, remotely. The cable box goes into the Slingbox (as well as a local TV if you want). You have a username and password that gets you in to the Slingbox. The quality usually depends on the upload speed. We watch all the home Bills games this way and it's pretty darn good. 

Initial investment of the Slingbox and ten extra bucks a month for an extra cable box,... probably pays for itself in three months.

(Imminent sarcasm alert) well, actually, if my parents generation (Boomers) would just hurry up and die the world would be a much better place.

Actually, sarcasm alert deleted, this is completely true.

I'm waiting for them all to move out of their houses and into these 55+ apartment complexes that are getting built at break-neck pace so that the market will have more actual houses for sale and prices will go down. There's nowhere for me to live, but we have a bajillion gatdamn seniors-only apartments. Fill em up! 

'I want it all!! I want it all!! I want it all!! And, I want it now!!'

:flirt:

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I'm waiting for them all to move out of their houses and into these 55+ apartment complexes that are getting built at break-neck pace so that the market will have more actual houses for sale and prices will go down. There's nowhere for me to live, but we have a bajillion gatdamn seniors-only apartments. Fill em up! 

Every generation faces this; just relax.

And the media was just as harsh on Gen Xers 20 years ago as it is on millennials now.  It's all just so stupid.

Every generation faces this; just relax.

And the media was just as harsh on Gen Xers 20 years ago as it is on millennials now.  It's all just so stupid.

As a bitter Gen Xer still waiting on the boomers to go, allow me to retort. I've just been given the task or remedial training on an elder colleague. I can train him until ragarok, he's exhibiting symptoms of dementia. I will be forced to ride him out of his job, because management can't be bothered and I document impeccably. Dude should not be working. Is. No reason other than he can and you young kids.

To be honest, every generation fears the one following it. Why do you think the scariest things in any horror movie are children? Because we know we will die and they will replace us.

But seriously, no generation in the entirety of human history has walked as far backwards as my parents and their peers. They need to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.