2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

Why would be be lucky enough to be rid of Bogo a season early?

I'd bet Sheary starts with Eichel regardless.

Was watching NHL Tonight and they think that Sheary also starts with Eichel. After all anyone who can play with Sid the Kid can play with anyone. However Erod was Jack’s college linemate and brings a similar package. Regardless, the Sabres are a better team today then yesterday.

Was watching NHL Tonight and they think that Sheary also starts with Eichel. After all anyone who can play with Sid the Kid can play with anyone. However Erod was Jack’s college linemate and brings a similar package. Regardless, the Sabres are a better team today then yesterday.

Sheary is better than ERod. There's no way he doesn't start on Jack's wing

It completely a personal preference, and I know the Soviets did it, but I don't like having 3 of the same shots on one line. As would be the case with a Rodrigues - Eichel - Okposo team-up. Give me:

Sheary - Eichel - Okposo

Rodrigues - O'Reilly/Sobotka - Reinhart

Edited by Thorny

It completely a personal preference, and I know the Soviets did it, but I don't like having 3 of the same shots on one line. As would be the case with a Rodrigues - Eichel - Okposo team-up. Give me:

Sheary - Eichel - Okposo

Rodrigues - O'Reilly/Sobotka - Reinhart

You misspelled "boat anchor" :p

Sheary is better than ERod. There's no way he doesn't start on Jack's wing

I guess, but as Jbot said today, chemistry between the players will dictate who plays together.  

On the bad news front we now have $10 in cap spent of 3 terrible D (Hunwick, Baloo and Bogo).  Ouch!  Fortunately we only have Bogo and Baloo for one more season.  

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that I didn't list either Larsson or Girgensons on this team next year.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I guess, but as Jbot said today, chemistry between the players will dictate who plays together.  

On the bad news front we now have $10 in cap spent of 3 terrible D (Hunwick, Baloo and Bogo).  Ouch!  Fortunately we only have Bogo and Baloo for one more season.  

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that I didn't list either Larsson or Girgensons on this team next year.

2 more for Bogo!

Noone mentions because noone cares. What a fall from Sabres fan glory for Girgensons.

He was a disgrace of an all star selection. He didn't deserve to be in the area with those players. Half the player John Scott was.

Why would be be lucky enough to be rid of Bogo a season early?

I'd bet Sheary starts with Eichel regardless.

Because things are looking up? :unsure:

Whether he goes on LTIR after the next inevitable injury, gets traded, or gets hit by meteor; they do have a few ways to exile him short of a buyout.

Botterill just got Sheary for a 4th & 2 years of a bad contract for a 5-7 D-man & a 4th. Maybe when Nylander busts, he can send that 4th, Nylander, & Bogosian to a floor team w/ a conditional 3rd thrown in if Alex washes out as expected. If Princess Phaneuf could be sent packing in division; there's hope to be rid of Zach. Hey, speaking of in division, oh Mr. Bergeron, have we got a young Swedish 'Center' that would be a great fit on your roster. :p

After day one of UFA and ROR trade. Still could be more moves, but I like this team better then last years already.

Sobatka, Eichel, Reinhart

Sheary, Mitts, Okposo

Wilson, Bergland, Thompson

Girgensons, ERod, Pommer

McCabe, Risto

Scandella, Dahlin

Guhle, Bogo

Hutton

Ullmark

extra- Larsson, Baptiste, Nelson

After day one of UFA and ROR trade. Still could be more moves, but I like this team better then last years already.

Sobatka, Eichel, Reinhart

Sheary, Mitts, Okposo

Wilson, Bergland, Thompson

Girgensons, ERod, Pommer

McCabe, Risto

Scandella, Dahlin

Guhle, Bogo

Hutton

Ullmark

extra- Larsson, Baptiste, Nelson

I would swap sobotka and Berglund. Sobotka has more speed and Berglund has more finish

The pieces don’t fit quite right yet.

Nice thing about both Berglund and Sobtaka is that both are good in the FO circle. Berglund has been 50% plis for the last 3 years and 55% last year. Sobotka has been 50+ every year in the NHL but his first and was 54% last season. Eichel was 41% last year.

This is easier than it was before we knew ROR's fate. 

Sheary - Eichel - Reinhart?

Mitts - EROD - Okposo

Girgensons - Berglund - Sobotka (I don't know how this isn't your shutdown 3rd line that you basically are annoyed by every player on, more as a function of their usage than what they actually bring to the table - everyone is annoyed by the non-fan-favorite Gaustads)

And then you have some interesting questions. Is the 4th line more of the same trash we've seen for 3 years of trying to be good? Then fine:
Wilson - Larsson - Pominville

Wanna try some NJ style youth movements? 

Olofsson - Asplund - Baptiste/Nylander

The only real positives from this trade are, our depth is technically better, we may have solved the locker room problem, and we have another 1st. We lost skill for sure but at least we have more NHL players I guess?

Sheary - Eichel - Reinhart

ERod - Mitts - Okposo

Sobotka - Berglund - Baptiste

Wilson - Girgs - Pominville/Larsson

I still hate seeing erod in those projections, but silver lining is he’s the only AAAA player we are projecting now.

I think you're underestimating Rodrigues. I know raw point totals aren't everything, but he had 25 points in 48 games. Berglund had 26 in 57, and Sobotka had 31 in 81. Rodrigues also posted a relative CF% of 3.7. Berglund's was 1.3 and Sobotka's was -3. I know the Blues being a better team matters for those possession numbers, but I'd bet on Rodrigues having a better statistical season offensively than either of them. He's not an ECHL player.

The only real positives from this trade are, our depth is technically better, we may have solved the locker room problem, and we have another 1st. We lost skill for sure but at least we have more NHL players I guess?

ERod - Mitts - Okposo

These lines look about right for what I'm thinking. I could see Reinhart swapping with Okposo on any given night. 

That Pominville/Larsson slot is the last glaring piece of ugly at the moment. 

ERod - Mitts - Okposo

This seems most likely. I could see Reinhart and Okposo flipping around now and again. I also think that Baptiste will beat out Thompson and Bailey for that RW spot. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.