Tondas

2018 - 2019 Lineup

Berglund was hurt and not sure he back to skating the way he was at the beginning of the season.  Wouldnt mind moving him up if his bumps and bruises are better.  Seems to have more ice awareness than Sobotka.  Put hkm with Casey and KO and see, love his size.  Sheary, Erod and a sniper Pommer may work.  Give Sobotka a maintenance day.  Just not sure of Gigensons health... Sobotka could be put back there and it might balance things out a bit if no Girgensons.  Man would love to see a sniper alongside Jack ala a young vs of Pommer moving Sam back with Mitts just not sure because of TT being bad version recently.  Agreed time to change things up right now.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:26 PM, Randall Flagg said:

I'm 97% as done with Sam-at-C as We've, and yet I am almost thinking about wanting him to be moved there, because continuing to use Casey in a 2C role is quietly submarining this team as much as anything else is. Our center depth (not center spine - Eichel saves that) is the worst in the league as far as I can tell. 

It's Jack's 4th season already and we really need to get playoff games for these starved players, it'll be as important to their development as any "one more year" first round draft pick that takes 3 years to become what Alex Nylander is right this second 

This. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, Sabre1974 said:

Is it time to change things up again. Time to try Sam again at centre???

Skinner-Eichel-Pommer

Sheary-Reinhart-Mittlestadt

Thompson-Rodrigues-Okposo(or a Nylander, CJ call up for this line??)

Berglund-Larrson-Girgensons

Press box - Sobokta

I'd like to see Reinhart play with Mittelstadt as well, but I'd leave Reinhart at RW and keep Lord Casey (pbuh) at center. Other than that I like the lines, especially Sobotka in the press box.

Edited by Alkoholist

I can't find it but someone just posted the list of 1st lines on teams and their scoring. Spittin Chiclets was interviewing someone the other week and they said a lot around hockey believe you should just have super lines now. It's better to just throw all your top talent together and watch them put up 3g/game then to spread them out and hope they get 1g

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I can't find it but someone just posted the list of 1st lines on teams and their scoring. Spittin Chiclets was interviewing someone the other week and they said a lot around hockey believe you should just have super lines now. It's better to just throw all your top talent together and watch them put up 3g/game then to spread them out and hope they get 1g

I think you need pairs. Eichel - Skinner and you need at least 2 pairs. Teams wear down and sometimes you get snake bitten. Super lines mean you can just put your best defenders on the ice and shut them down. Maybe the very top super lines can beat you but look at McDavid, we shut him down once and it killed his team. I like balanced scoring personally. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think you need pairs. Eichel - Skinner and you need at least 2 pairs. Teams wear down and sometimes you get snake bitten. Super lines mean you can just put your best defenders on the ice and shut them down. Maybe the very top super lines can beat you but look at McDavid, we shut him down once and it killed his team. I like balanced scoring personally. 

Regardless of how the Eulers assemble their lines, if McDavid is shut down, they are toast.

42 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Brian Burke likes this philosophy, Tyler Dellow mentioned it in the Athletic Today 

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

I posted an article about that a month ago.  The trend around the league is one line with your best talent.

12 hours ago, Alkoholist said:

I'd like to see Reinhart play with Mittelstadt as well, but I'd leave Reinhart at RW and keep Lord Casey (pbuh) at center. Other than that I like the lines, especially Sobotka in the press box.

I second that emotion.  I think pairing Mitts and Okie on the same line has been very beneficial to Mittelstadt, but I'm ready to see how Reino can do with Mitts at center.  It may be Samson's next assignment when Pommer moves back up to the top line.  If he and Mitts work well together we might get some pop out of that line.