2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

On 1/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, LGR4GM said:

Mitts can play center. He's 20 and in his first pro year. He basically looks pretty much like you'd expect. 

He was billed as one of the best players not in the NHL, and the franchise decided they could trade ROR because they had Mittelstadt ready.... he was expected to look like Elias Pettersson.

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like that fight last night may have injured Okposo. If that is the case who gets called up? Or is it just insert Mitts?

On a larger roster view, Glotov is looking good in the ECHL, don't know why he can't stick in Rochester.....

UPL had a bump in the road in 1 game in his development but overall has been superb, wonder when he can shoot up to Rochester...….

The time has now come, following this 7 game home stand, for Botterill to make some choices. We all have our selections on what we'd want to happen, but honestly, are we really going to ride out the season with the roster situation the way it is? We have far to many LHD's with NHL caliber, even if 5/6 or even a 7th depth positioning on other teams. Personally, I want Botterill to start making trades, and not just for picks or Rochester bolstering, but actual hockey trades. I also would like him to move some salary, specifically Sobotka and Hunwick, yes, I realize they are lower end salary with a year left, still, I see no reason to throw money down the toilet next season as well.

Any thoughts from you all? Any reasonable, doable ideas? I am all ears this morning.

8 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So it looks like that fight last night may have injured Okposo. If that is the case who gets called up? Or is it just insert Mitts?

On a larger roster view, Glotov is looking good in the ECHL, don't know why he can't stick in Rochester.....

UPL had a bump in the road in 1 game in his development but overall has been superb, wonder when he can shoot up to Rochester...….

The time has now come, following this 7 game home stand, for Botterill to make some choices. We all have our selections on what we'd want to happen, but honestly, are we really going to ride out the season with the roster situation the way it is? We have far to many LHD's with NHL caliber, even if 5/6 or even a 7th depth positioning on other teams. Personally, I want Botterill to start making trades, and not just for picks or Rochester bolstering, but actual hockey trades. I also would like him to move some salary, specifically Sobotka and Hunwick, yes, I realize they are lower end salary with a year left, still, I see no reason to throw money down the toilet next season as well.

Any thoughts from you all? Any reasonable, doable ideas? I am all ears this morning.

Referring to moving Hunwick, remember that any trade he's involved in also sends Pittsburgh's 4th to Buffalo Buffalo's 3rd to Pittsburgh  and Pittsburgh's 3rd to the Pens Buffalo's 4th to the Sabres .  Any trade would have to have enough value to overcome that, so it's unlikely he gets moved.  

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Referring to moving Hunwick, remember that any trade he's involved in also sends Pittsburgh's 4th to Buffalo and Pittsburgh's 3rd to the Pens.  Any trade would have to have enough value to overcome that, so it's unlikely he gets moved.  

Sabres 3rd to Pens?

7 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sabres 3rd to Pens?

No.  The Sabres obtained the Pens' 3rd in the Sheary trade.  Should Sheary reach 20 goals, yeah, right, or Hunwick get traded then the Pens get that pick back & the Sabres get their 4th instead.

Sorry, NS.  You were correct.  Sabres sent out THEIR 4th which could become a 3rd.  :doh:

Edited by Taro T
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

No.  The Sabres obtained the Pens' 3rd in the Sheary trade.  Should Sheary reach 20 goals, yeah, right, or Hunwick get traded then the Pens get that pick back & the Sabres get their 4th instead.

I am pretty sure we traded a 4th to Pittsburgh for Sheary and Hunwick. If we trade Hunwick or Sheary hits I believe 20 goals it becomes a 3rd. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.