2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

On 12/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, Taro T said:

Wilson over Elie INTO the top 12 for any extended time is an easy choice.

Wilson over Elie as the 14th skater (aka designated definite press box guy) isn't as easy because the 15th skater may be leaving your organization.  And that is the question we are (ok, I am) pondering.

This is all assuming, of course, that everyone is healthy if/when Wilson is back.  How often does that really happen though?  Even then, if they get to that point, they'll still be able to delay the decision by sending him on a rehab stint in AHL. 

7 hours ago, shrader said:

This is all assuming, of course, that everyone is healthy if/when Wilson is back.  How often does that really happen though?  Even then, if they get to that point, they'll still be able to delay the decision by sending him on a rehab stint in AHL. 

That is true, that they have to get healthy for it to matter/become an issue.  And I've stated that in at least 4 other posts (probably more like 8-10).  Apologies for not coming across (or is it acrost) as being on a crusade.

23 hours ago, Brawndo said:

McCabe is a possibility, Scandella was sent home with Pominville to Buffalo 

And based on the morning skate pairings it looks like no McCabe & Pilut will be paired with Ristolainen.

And, with Larry playing with Risto, I am perfectly fine with yesterday's practice pairings.  As Larry's partner had the day off.  Would rather have him practice w/ Hunwick & the other 4 work with their partners than messing even more pairings up.

Apparently, Housley must have been ok/pleased with his performance in FLA.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

That is true, that they have to get healthy for it to matter/become an issue.  And I've stated that in at least 4 other posts (probably more like 8-10).  Apologies for not coming across (or is it acrost) as being on a crusade.

Sorry, I skimmed through a bunch of the stuff here. I hate catching up after the weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shrader said:

He's just there to play.  If the injuries don't progress before Saturday, he'll be in the lineup.

I get that, but do you think he will actually play?  It's that bad?  Oh, yeah, what's his name (the guy that looks like the killer in all the slasher movies) ... Nelson? went down last night.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I get that, but do you think he will actually play?  It's that bad?  Oh, yeah, what's his name (the guy that looks like the killer in all the slasher movies) ... Nelson? went down last night.

In classic NHL-style, they're all listed as day-to-day.  Rochester has a game Saturday too, so that could impact who they call up, if needed.  Would the team rather have the vet (Tennyson) one the ice for the Amerks or the kid (Borgen)?  I really don't know which way they'd be leaning.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

In classic NHL-style, they're all listed as day-to-day.  Rochester has a game Saturday too, so that could impact who they call up, if needed.  Would the team rather have the vet (Tennyson) one the ice for the Amerks or the kid (Borgen)?  I really don't know which way they'd be leaning.

Sorry, I was not clear (not the first time).  I meant if he is called up do you think he will play, or be in the press box for the Sabres?

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sorry, I was not clear (not the first time).  I meant if he is called up do you think he will play, or be in the press box for the Sabres?

Sabres playing at home at 1PM.  Amerks playing in Syracuse at 7PM.  I'm not so sure they call up anyone to just sit in the press box.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think they should try Samson at 2C again, can't be any worse than we have right now.

Only thing is you set him up to fail because he doesn't have decent wingers.

With Sam humming along at the pace he is, I'd be hesitant to shift him away from right wing. He's still a young player, after all. 23 years of age, his personal development and confidence still factor into the equation for me. 

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

With Sam humming along at the pace he is, I'd be hesitant to shift him away from right wing. He's still a young player, after all. 23 years of age, his personal development and confidence still factor into the equation for me. 

i completely agree that Samson is humming along as a RW but at some point the Sabres have to find a secondary scoring.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

i completely agree that Samson is humming along as a RW but at some point the Sabres have to find a secondary scoring.

Another option to get a form of secondary scoring would be to find a way to get the power play going. I have confidence in Mittelstadt's long-term prospects of being able to help provide that secondary scoring at even strength, but I believe much success can be found in the meantime with a combination of a top-10 league-wide first line, a strong power play (and penalty kill!), with plenty of production from the defense and solid goaltending. 

The special teams seem to be the only thing currently missing from the equation.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I'm scrambling trying to figure how I can get away with some day drinking 

Eggnog. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Another option to get a form of secondary scoring would be to find a way to get the power play going. I have confidence in Mittelstadt's long-term prospects of being able to help provide that secondary scoring at even strength, but I believe much success can be found in the meantime with a combination of a top-10 league-wide first line, a strong power play (and penalty kill!), with plenty of production from the defense and solid goaltending. 

The special teams seem to be the only thing currently missing from the equation.

Eggnog. 

Beernog.  You hoser.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Well, they are getting 2ndary scoring from the D.  Some tertiary scoring from a line not centered by Eichel would, however, be a nice addition. ;)

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Thanks for the update.

Also, pretty sure the current cap treats LTIR similarly to the last one, so any cap space that was banked previously is getting eaten up as the team is "exceeding" the cap due to the LTIR.  (Been a while since I looked at those provisions of the cap; if it doesn't still work that way, sorry for being a font of disinformation.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Thanks for the update.

Also, pretty sure the current cap treats LTIR similarly to the last one, so any cap space that was banked previously is getting eaten up as the team is "exceeding" the cap due to the LTIR.  (Been a while since I looked at those provisions of the cap; if it doesn't still work that way, sorry for being a font of disinformation.)

I don’t remember seeing any changes to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.