2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

3 minutes ago, jsb said:

I hope your right one is in good shape but that actually happened 2 years ago, not last year.

What? When was this? I'm gonna need some proof/refreshing, because Gorges slow as$ shutting down McDavid seems like a miracle to me

I have 3 anyways

Was it two years ago?  I thought it was under Housley. It seemed like the old adage about old age and experience triumphing over youth and enthusiasm rang true with Gorges.

Speed can be negated by positioning, but positioning has to be perfect.

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Was it two years ago?  I thought it was under Housley. It seemed like the old adage about old age and experience triumphing over youth and enthusiasm rang true with Gorges.

Right but Gorges isn't exactly known for that either. The only thing Gorges is good at is blatant interference 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Right but Gorges isn't exactly known for that either. The only thing Gorges is good at is blatant interference 

Well then I guess they took pity on the old man and didn't tag him for that while he was trying to keep up with Connor.

It's my recollection that the best games Gorges played for the Sabres were against McDavid.

44 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What? When was this? I'm gonna need some proof/refreshing, because Gorges slow as$ shutting down McDavid seems like a miracle to me

I have 3 anyways

I do remember Gorges shutting him down and I remember that it was discussed here.

45 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It happened once. One game. If they played 9 more in a row, it wouldn't happen again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jsb said:

I believe it was the October 16, 2016 game that the Sabres went into Edmonton without Jack and Kane and beat them 6-2, McDavid was held scoreless in that game.

From my searches, that is correct.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, N S said:

Yup.  I would not have a clue how to even start to look something up like that Eleven guy does.

The new search feature allows you to perform a search for ALL of your terms and not just any of your terms.  So all I did was type "mcdavid gorges" and it was there.

26 minutes ago, jsb said:

I believe it was the October 16, 2016 game that the Sabres went into Edmonton without Jack and Kane and beat them 6-2, McDavid was held scoreless in that game.

1st

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

From my searches, that is correct.

2nd

19 minutes ago, N S said:

Yup.  I would not have a clue how to even start to look something up like that Eleven guy does.

OK, Eleven gets credit for that????????? My feelings are officially hurt

23 minutes ago, jsb said:

1st

2nd

OK, Eleven gets credit for that????????? My feelings are officially hurt

Sorry, man.  But you know I was giving you way more credit than that Eleven character.  Yup.  You posted from memory, which is very impressive.  Eleven basically cheated and had to look it up.  Now, knowing how to look it up is quite impressive for that little cheater.

Edited by N S
I'm an idiot and it still may be wrong ...

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I have 3 anyways

Well you're down to 2 again, I now own that left one and I want it certified that it is the left one and I'll be expecting it next day air via FedEx very soon.

Now I have 3!!!!

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I would bet my left nut this isn't true 

It is, the game was in Edmonton, McDavid was so frustrated at the end that he actually got into a shoving match with Gorges.

Now when do you think want to schedule your Orchiectomy? 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It is, the game was in Edmonton, McDavid was so frustrated at the end that he actually got into a shoving match with Gorges.

Now when do you think want to schedule your Orchiectomy? 

Mean he shut him down in one game then was absolutely lit up against him the 2nd game

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Bieksa has an edge we are missing and would be perfect for our room.

Too bad he can't play any more.

This is more or less my feelings as well.

plus I want to see that Superman punch for our side.

I'm willing to wait for the end of camp to see if Pilut is good and makes the team, but if he doesn't, I'm absolutely going to throw a temper tantrum about how the only defensive move we made was to draft Dahlin. 

Separate from even considering what our forward group looks like versus what it could. 

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm willing to wait for the end of camp to see if Pilut is good and makes the team, but if he doesn't, I'm absolutely going to throw a temper tantrum about how the only defensive move we made was to draft Dahlin. 

Separate from even considering what our forward group looks like versus what it could. 

But I was told Housley was the defenseman whisperer and they would all improve under his tutelage.... when is that supposed to happen?

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm still waiting to see what happens after Karlsson is moved

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.