2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think what we can all agree on is that the 20-goal, 60-Point Kyle Okposo that Randall mocked two years ago is infinitely preferable to the 15-goal 40-Point anchor that Randall wanted to punt into orbit this year.

'Twas a loving mock while that was the case. Completely agree. 

If Kyle is rarin' to go I'll be pretty optimistic on balance heading into the season, and I should try to show the optimism I do have a little more 'round these parts.

For instance, that development camp was pretty awesome. Holy Olofsson (and Mitts and Dahlin)

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Nash probably not, but Doan has 972 points, a 21 year NHL career (92nd all time), the face of an expansion franchise...I think he gets in.

Arizona was NOT an expansion franchise.  They've merely been built like one.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Nash probably not, but Doan has 972 points, a 21 year NHL career (92nd all time), the face of an expansion franchise...I think he gets in.

Phoenix/Arizona isn’t an expansion franchise.

.63 PPG and never eclipsed a PPG in a single season. If he had justified the contract he got when the whole league was chasing him he might’ve improved his chances, but if I’m making the decisions he’s not even close. And I like him. He was a great leader and most of his game was outside of production (I know I just cited his stats but it’s the easiest thing to point to).

Just now, Hoss said:

Phoenix/Arizona isn’t an expansion franchise.

.63 PPG and never eclipsed a PPG in a single season. If he had justified the contract he got when the whole league was chasing him he might’ve improved his chances, but if I’m making the decisions he’s not even close. And I like him. He was a great leader and most of his game was outside of production (I know I just cited his stats but it’s the easiest thing to point to).

I corrected the misuse of word

Right but you're not voting for him, old dinosaurs (sports writers) are. And Doan is universally loved with a hell of a long career with good point totals. I'd be shocked if they went any deeper into stats as you did

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I corrected the misuse of word

Right but you're not voting for him, old dinosaurs (sports writers) are. And Doan is universally loved with a hell of a long career with good point totals. I'd be shocked if they went any deeper into stats as you did

And, he would essentially be Arizona's 1st HoF member.  (Other guys that are in the hall that played there spent the bulk of their careers in Winnipeg or elsewhere.)  That will count for something in the voting.

There's a lot of guys in the HoF that don't belong there.  They won't mind increasing that total by 1.

Lineup turnover

Gone: Gorges, Pouliot, Nolan, Josefson, Antipin, Lehner, Johnson, ROR, Griffith, Tennyson (back to AHL), Falk, Kane and Moulson (sent away). Total 13

Brand New Faces (or nearly so) - Hutton, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Sheary, Sobotka, Berglund, Hunwick, and Thompson (8)

Mid-season replacements (2017/18) - Erod and Wilson (2)

AHL graduates - Ullmark, Nelson (2)

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Lineup turnover

Gone: Gorges, Pouliot, Nolan, Josefson, Antipin, Lehner, Johnson, ROR, Griffith, Tennyson (back to AHL), Falk, Kane and Moulson (sent away). Total 13

Brand New Faces (or nearly so) - Hutton, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Sheary, Sobotka, Berglund, Hunwick, and Thompson (8)

Mid-season replacements (2017/18) - Erod and Wilson (2)

AHL graduates - Ullmark, Nelson (2)

Guhle?

37 minutes ago, SDS said:

Guhle?

Not sure he'll make the team because he can still be sent down.  But as I outlined earlier today, alot more change could still be becoming if guys like Olofsson, Bailey, Baptiste, O'Regan, and Guhle win jobs in camp.  Baloo, Larsson and Girgensons could be out also at that point. 

37 minutes ago, SDS said:

Guhle?

I would think Guhle is a strong prospect for cracking the lineup out of camp, but certainly by mid year if not.  I would hate to see Hunwick in the lineup at the expense of Guhle, but they may feel they need the experience.  I think BooLoo is as good as gone. I would love to see someone from Rochester step up to push Girgensons and Larrson out, but I am not sure we will see that right out of the gate. 

Guhle is the poster child for the JBot system.  Develop the players until they're practically over-ripe, then let them earn their way onto the NHL roster.  The Sabres will probably be meh for another year or two until all the placeholders have been pushed off the roster and true talent makes its way up from Rochester.

We’ve mostly talked about Berglund as picking up some of the defensive centre responsibilities that used to belong to O’Reilly.

But by and large the guy has been a 20-goal, defensively responsible, heavy traffic winger, who happens to be good on draws. I would not be surprised to see him and the speedy Sheary lining up with Jack on our new first line.

Gonna be interesting to see the line combos, but finally seeing some influx of talent and possibly the makings of a decent third line as well as a number 1 line!

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's in a better place now

He is no longer in pain... ? 

46 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sheary - Eichel - Oloffson

ERod - Mittelstadt - Reinhart

Sobotka - Berglund - Thompson

Wilson - Girgensons - Pominville

I think I like your second line. I could see those three having chemistry.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.