Sabres Pick #89: Oksari Laaksonen (D)

LGR4GM

5'9 133. This kid will never play in the NHL.

Agreed, I don't like this pick. There were better defenders left on the board to take... like David Farrance who just went to Nashville. 

Nope I dislike this pick, a 5'9" guy without a ton of offense on defense... just doesn't work. 

5'9 133. This kid will never play in the NHL.

I graduated high school @ 5'9" 120 lbs.  I graduated college @ 5'9" 194 lbs.  Things can change. 

That being said, I wouldn't draft a Dman that size either. 

Kris Baker saying 6'1" and 165.

So where did the other size come from, his 13 year old bio

So is he 5'9 or 6'1 or somewhere in between? Did he go to the combine?

He's 6' according to his teams website in Finland and that seems accurate. He could be slightly taller now. No he was not at the combine as far as I am aware. Someone might be able to verify that. 

He's 6' according to his teams website in Finland and that seems accurate. He could be slightly taller now. No he was not at the combine as far as I am aware. Someone might be able to verify that.

thanks, figured combine would have his measurables

Agreed, I don't like this pick. There were better defenders left on the board to take... like David Farrance who just went to Nashville. 

Nope I dislike this pick, a 5'9" guy without a ton of offense on defense... just doesn't work. 

Aren't you on the Possler boat? If so, shouldn't you be much less pessimistic about the size of a draftee? Possler fell because he was small, then he grew and became a solid prospect  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.