OT.... Best vacation you've had

Wyldnwoody44

Anyone have recommendations for cruises? My lady has wanted to go on one forever and I'm sure my kid would like it. It will definitely be in the Caribbean. I just don't know which part and which boat.

Disney cruises are the way to go for the kids, I'm not sure how old your child is but they have Disney cruises for all ages, for boys there is a Star wars themed Disney cruise and you step into the cockpit of the millenium falcon, it was a blast. They have all sorts of themed cruises for the family and kids of all ages just check out their website.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Resurrecting another thread. I've just booked 4 weeks chasing winter. Catskills in January, Adirondacks in February, Green Mountains of VT in March and The Whites in NH in April. 

I'll find snow of it kills me. 

Its coming.... late like last years but snow is coming mark my words ho ho ho

• 9 months later...

So a friend of mine is traveling to this spot -- Churchill, Manitoba -- in a couple of weeks to (hopefully) see the Northern lights and polar bears.

I think he's the only person I know who has been to Hudson Bay.

If you check it out on google maps, you'll see that there are no roads that go there, although there is an airport and a train station.

image.thumb.png.acab61f1932373a7aa295ef072807a9c.png

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

So a friend of mine is traveling to this spot -- Churchill, Manitoba -- in a couple of weeks to (hopefully) see the Northern lights and polar bears.

If you check it out on google maps, you'll see that there are no roads that go there, although there is an airport and a train station.

Man I love the north.

I saw the northern lights from this parking lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/@60.4541915,-134.266765,3a,90y,83.03h,53.92t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNrtLvA-l5lcFNwcO3-VUFkdrUXk2ZimZ6EFlgn!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNrtLvA-l5lcFNwcO3-VUFkdrUXk2ZimZ6EFlgn%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya245.23737-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352?hl=en

It was the last week of January and we just got done playing a shinny game. Everyone filed out of the 16'x16' warming hut (not seen here and the community center wasn't open yet) to look at them. Very cool moment and maybe one of my best vacations. Now that I think of it, I'd say 3 of my top 5 vacations were in or around Alaska.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

That is a well known destination to view polar bears in Canada. I hope they are not too early to see them, I thought they gathered around Churchill when freeze up of Hudson’s Bay begins. They have special Tundra Buggies to bring people out to view the image.thumb.jpeg.b01fdabe5cec29be8e9affac25e73976.jpeg

I’ve been to Hudson Bay (Fort Severn, Ontario) for work, but only saw some seals. There was also a polar bear that the local First Nation people had harvested.

• Like (+1) 1

Spent nearly two weeks in Israel this May.  I suggest to everyone to visit this amazing country.  We had an amazing time. 

This tiny country has over 7000 feet in elevation changes from the Dead Sea to a mountain in the Golan Heights.  You can tour the history of the 3 major Western religions, but also hike, boat, lay on pristine beaches, visit excellent wineries, shop, and eat at outstanding farm to table restaurants. 

Highlights - The 2000 year old mosaics in Zippori, the ancient city of Caesarea, 12 course lunch with wine pairings at the Pelter Winery, seeing Nazareth and Capernium, Masada, the The Holocaust Memorial “Yad Vashem,” The Yehuda Market in Jerusalem, the new jewelry and clothes designers in the Jaffa Flea Market, speedboat ride in Akko and the amazing Uri Buri restaurant in Akko.

338DF114-670E-4DD1-9498-0FF82A29A318.thumb.jpeg.724382537cb801c9ee80bdac07d29321.jpegB27FBC79-B747-40F0-9330-E7715A786AC1.thumb.jpeg.bb72338fabb697eae8d85b41b7955768.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

My grampa was an RCAF pilot who did many runs to Churchill. 

Somewhere in the family still exists a genuine polar bear skin rug (complete with taxidermied head) that was gifted to him by the residents that provided much fright and fascination to me and my cousins when we were little.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.