Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

pi, you ever do something really hard? You practice the whole routine, as much as you can. You don't half-ass it most of the time and do the real thing once in a while.

His profession is NHL referee, not pro golfer. He's an excellent amatuer golfer, but due to his profession as NHL referee he uses a cart to get around the course as he needs to save his legs for skating 2hrs a night at NHL speed.

Also, most top courses won't let you walk because it slows down pace of play.

Edited by pi2000

His profession is NHL referee, not pro golfer. He's an excellent amatuer golfer, but due to his profession as NHL referee he uses a cart to get around the course as he needs to save his legs for skating 2hrs a night at NHL speed.

Also, most top courses won't let you walk because it slows down pace of play.

This is correct.  UNLESS YOU'RE TRAINING FOR A FREAKING PGA EVENT.  But otherwise, this is correct.

From John Shannon

Shannon - Mike Babcock and Auston Matthews had their meeting in Arizona about the direction of the team moving forward. I keep hearing the meeting didn't go very well from a Babcock perspective.

Who is fired first Babcock or Housley?

From John Shannon

Shannon - Mike Babcock and Auston Matthews had their meeting in Arizona about the direction of the team moving forward. I keep hearing the meeting didn't go very well from a Babcock perspective.

I'm tellin ya, Weight and Tavares are going to Toronto. 

From John Shannon

Babcock: "Hi Auston, hope your having a great summer."

AM: "Hi coach."

Babcock: "I'll get right down to it. We want to improve the team in several areas so we can have a nice long run of playoff success. However, to do that, we'll need you to agree to a reasonable contract extens...."

AM: "Bwwwaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhhhahahaaa!"

Edited by pi2000

Da fuk?

From my understanding, he said that we'd be "looking for a draft pick" and that he thinks it'd be a second. Which doesn't preclude us getting more pieces, but the guy who heard and told me about it said that Shannon was being ludicrous. 

Edit: Supposedly yes, Shannon said his value was a second. What's better is that in January, he claimed that ROR was unmovable, and Bob McKenzie calmly but firmly demolished him, talking about what ROR brings on the ice and how appealing it is that his actual salary drops to 6 mil next season. 

What a scrub though. If he was available for a 2nd, 30 different teams would offer a 2nd, and then the price would go up. Where's this scrub from, Venezuela? 

They also asked Shannon what his dream destination for ROR would be, he of course he mentioned Montreal.

He mentioned that Montreal might be willing to move 3rd Overall by flipping picks. Jeremy White asked if he meant Dahlin, he said no that the trade would be ROR and 32 for 3rd Overall.

They also asked Shannon what his dream destination for ROR would be, he of course he mentioned Montreal.

He mentioned that Montreal might be willing to move 3rd Overall by flipping picks. Jeremy White asked if he meant Dahlin, he said no that the trade would be ROR and 32 for 3rd Overall.

NO.

Which would be a terrible trade.

Also, Shannon is on TV a lot here, and he’s a dope.

I am clueless most of the time but why would the Sabres trade ROR?

Is the talk around the campfire that he is available?

We probably wouldn't make very good trade partners but I'd love to see him in a Jets' jersey.

I am clueless most of the time but why would the Sabres trade ROR?

Is the talk around the campfire that he is available?

We probably wouldn't make very good trade partners but I'd love to see him in a Jets' jersey.

I hope the Sabres don’t trade with the Jets, the results weren’t outstanding for us last time, and it’s just too hard on me, living here. :lol:

But I kinda think they do make good trade partners. Sabres are deeper at C and the Jets are very deep on the wing, where the Sabres are lacking. Jets have their top C locked down for the foreseeable future, but with all due respect to Roslovic who’s still mostly potential, they aren’t the deepest team at C, ROR would be dominant on the Jets second line with their quality stable of wingers.

As for why the Sabres would trade ROR, I cant say. If there aren’t locker room issues, he’s too valuable to trade. If they trade him, I can only assume there’s something there.

Or at least enough concern where if Botts gets a really good deal he pulls the trigger.

Babcock: "Hi Auston, hope your having a great summer."

AM: "Hi coach."

Babcock: "I'll get right down to it. We want to improve the team in several areas so we can have a nice long run of playoff success. However, to do that, we'll need you to agree to a reasonable contract extens...."

AM: "Bwwwaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhhhahahaaa!"

AM switched to the same agency as McDavid, I'm sure he is looking for a big payday.

From John Shannon

Simultaneous would be ideal, then we could pick up Babs.  (Although I'm not really sure I want him at this point.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.