Jump to content
Sabre fan

As if Tiger's golf game wasn't bad enough now this

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, WildCard said:

What'd Tiger do besides cheat on his wife? Feel like every athlete/millionaire does that 

 

15 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It’s pretty clear Tiger was a huge jerk in his youth, but hopefully he’s improved his character.  It’s quite possible as it’s been a long time since he was brought low.  

Didn't Lindsey Vonn give him a shiner a couple of years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shrader said:

Over the top character judgement. It’s what we do. Some people just don’t like him. That’s just the way it is. 

Whole lot of stuff got deleted before I had a chance to elaborate in response to some (very fair) criticisms of my initial post. I have no clue how Tiger was as a father, but I do know he never talked about it until his career went otherwise off the rails following his self-inflicted marital problems. Suddenly his marriage is over and his career in shambles, and he's all about "oh sure it sucks but I have my kids so it's okay." Which may have been sincere, and personal challenges can have a way of making one re-evaluate priorities, but it always struck me as something constructed in a PR lab for image rehabilitation. Though I won't go as far as Inky, Tiger has always struck me as disingenuous in his public comments. I went too far in my comment, but the fawning over the redemption arc on the radio this morning made me want to vomit. I wanted playoff hockey talk, and got a whole bunch of Tiger fluff instead. Blah. 

I swear I wasn't trolling, I was just bitching because I was annoyed. I am sorry to contributing to the thread going off the rails.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Whole lot of stuff got deleted before I had a chance to elaborate in response to some (very fair) criticisms of my initial post. I have no clue how Tiger was as a father, but I do know he never talked about it until his career went otherwise off the rails following his self-inflicted marital problems. Suddenly his marriage is over and his career in shambles, and he's all about "oh sure it sucks but I have my kids so it's okay." Which may have been sincere, and personal challenges can have a way of making one re-evaluate priorities, but it always struck me as something constructed in a PR lab for image rehabilitation. Though I won't go as far as Inky, Tiger has always struck me as disingenuous in his public comments. I went too far in my comment, but the fawning over the redemption arc on the radio this morning made me want to vomit. I wanted playoff hockey talk, and got a whole bunch of Tiger fluff instead. Blah. 

I swear I wasn't trolling, I was just bitching because I was annoyed. I am sorry to contributing to the thread going off the rails.

All I will say in Tiger's defense is that he holds a pretty unique position in the world...not just the sports world...and the temptations, decisions, circumstances are all unique and unknowable to most of us. There's not one celebrity or VIP with his status who doesn't speak publickly without measured words for many reasons.  The dude failed gloriously, but he is allowed, like the rest of us, to regret and learn from his prior mistakes.  We're not done evolving until we're dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ... said:

All I will say in Tiger's defense is that he holds a pretty unique position in the world...not just the sports world...and the temptations, decisions, circumstances are all unique and unknowable to most of us. There's not one celebrity or VIP with his status who doesn't speak publickly without measured words for many reasons.  The dude failed gloriously, but he is allowed, like the rest of us, to regret and learn from his prior mistakes.  We're not done evolving until we're dead.

Let me fail like this butthole. A billionaire, pounding supermodel ass left and right, marries one of them, still gets ass, gets caught and divorced. Still rich and pounding supermodel ass. What a failure.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, inkman said:

Let me fail like this butthole. A billionaire, pounding supermodel ass left and right, marries one of them, still gets ass, gets caught and divorced. Still rich and pounding supermodel ass. What a failure.

Image result for tiger woods gif

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, inkman said:

Let me fail like this butthole. A billionaire, pounding supermodel ass left and right, marries one of them, still gets ass, gets caught and divorced. Still rich and pounding supermodel ass. What a failure.

Do you have a talent worth $1 billion?

Edited by ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ... said:

Do you have a talent worth $1 billion?

You’ve seen the calves, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Woods may have won the Masters but he's still a loser.

 

uhuhuhuhuhuhuh-who-are-these-losers.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Woods may have won the Masters but he's still a loser.

I find him to be kind of a goober, but he is certainly not a loser.

Edited by SwampD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I find him to be kind of a goober, but he is certainly not a loser.

Yes.  A part of his charm. Uber nerdiness that somehow has been perceived as "cool". Super dweeb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I find him to be kind of a goober, but he is certainly not a loser.

I'm sure he cries himself to sleep each night, into his pillows stuffed with hundred dollar bills because a few randoms on message boards think he's a loser.  He's one of the biggest names in the history of sports, so yeah, such a loser.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...