As if Tiger's golf game wasn't bad enough now this

Sabre fan

I'm a Jack Nicklaus fan so it looks less likely every year that Tiger will break his Majors record.

I agree Tiger will not match his Majors record. But wow in 2008 it almost looked like a sure thing. 14 Majors for Tiger at the age of 32? Simply incredible. Now the guy is 41. Nicklaus doesn't have much to worry about.

I'm a Jack Nicklaus fan so it looks less likely every year that Tiger will break his Majors record.

That went out the window when his transgressions became public. He hasn't been the same golfer - or the same person - since then.

I think Tiger became more enamored with the fame and fortune and stopped loving the game. Perhaps he started to lose his desire after his father died (no more pressure to win?), but he clearly didn't handle his life properly once he had everything he could possibly have.

That went out the window when his transgressions became public. He hasn't been the same golfer - or the same person - since then.

I think Tiger became more enamored with the fame and fortune and stopped loving the game. Perhaps he started to lose his desire after his father died (no more pressure to win?), but he clearly didn't handle his life properly once he had everything he could possibly have.

Tiger's game hasn't been the same since the PGA started testing for PEDs.

It all started to go downhill around the same time his Dad died. No moral compass ? Him and Dad were together for most if not all of Tigers life. The definition of a helicopter parent. Hard to feel sorry for the guy. He had it all.

Agree with most of this Bun, but his dad was no moral compass.  Maybe professional compass, but moral, certainly not.

I think it's rather unfair to completely ignore his back issues and surgeries. Definetly a big deal having a bad back in golf, or virtually all aspects of life. Also, appears as though alcohol was a non factor. He said in a statement that he mixed medications and didn't think it would affect him in such a way, while still acknowledging it was his own fault.

I mean, whatever stock he might have had left is defintely plummeting, but we shouldn't automatically assume the worst.

Edited by LikeEich

I think it's rather unfair to completely ignore his back issues and surgeries. Definetly a big deal having a bad back in golf, or virtually all aspects of life. Also, appears as though alcohol was a non factor. He said in a statement that he mixed medications and didn't think it would affect him in such a way, while still acknowledging it was his own fault.

I mean, whatever stock he might have had left is defintely plummeting, but we shouldn't automatically assume the worst.

Good point about the back & knee issues...but I'd still say that's on him. His swing was very controlled, yet extremely fast. The amount of torque he put on his body for all those years likely caught up with him and were a huge factor in those injuries, IMO.

I don't doubt he's on enough medication to make a pharmacy jealous, but I wonder why he was out driving at 3am. Perhaps sleepwalking? The excuse just seems fishy to me.

The only time that I (willingly) watched golf was when Tiger was doing this thing. That was spectacle - that was fun.

Nicklaus was quoted today as saying that Tiger needs help, and that he wants to do what he can to provide that help.

A fair and accurate telling of how and why Woods came undone is one I'd like to read. My thought was that it really started to come apart when his private weirdness, lewdness came to light in connection with his divorce. It seemed like a balloon popped and the air just started hissing out of the balloon.

But someone upthread talked about how getting dinged for PEDs was part of the reason he went downhill.

And what about the stresses and strains that his body endured as a result of being a child prodigy who repeated the same motions over and over (and over and over and over) again?

Fascinating case study, I imagine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.