No Cable and the NHL Playoffs?

MattPie

Looks like Youtube TV is carrying NBC and NBCSN in their $35/month plan. That should catch a lot of the playoffs, considering it appears it's getting the NBC hench-networks as well (including the golf channel for the Sabres 2017 post-season). I'm not bothering with it this year, but when the Sabres are in the playoffs doing it for two months is a lot cheaper than going out to bars every other night, if not as enjoyable. Plus, it will work with a Chromecast for easy TV viewing. Here's me being happy about hockey for a day!

Linky:

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Looks like Youtube TV is carrying NBC and NBCSN in their $35/month plan. That should catch a lot of the playoffs, considering it appears it's getting the NBC hench-networks as well (including the golf channel for the Sabres 2017 post-season). I'm not bothering with it this year, but when the Sabres are in the playoffs doing it for two months is a lot cheaper than going out to bars every other night, if not as enjoyable. Plus, it will work with a Chromecast for easy TV viewing. Here's me being happy about hockey for a day!

Linky:

Woah, that's awesome. No contracts either. 

Pretty sure Sling is still the cheapest option. The $25 version has the NBC networks. Not sure if it has USA though.

I have Sling.  the Blue package gets you NBCSN and USA (and NHL Network).  NBC is a no, antenna for that, if I could be bothered.  CNBC costs extra, but I do it because Hockey and Soccer. 

The product is, in reality, hot garbage a good deal of the time, though.  It just does not work.  Waiting to see what YouTube and Hulu (they're coming out with one as well) put in their packages.  I will drop Sling as soon as I have a better place to go. 

DirecTV NOW includes NBCSN, but I'll be honest that their product is a great concept that they cleared rolled out way before it was ready for prime time.  It's been better in recent weeks, but I signed up in Dec. because of a sweet promo offer and the option to lock in pricing at $35/mo, and until fairly recently the service was straight up garbage... constant buffering, failed to even load sometimes, and "on demand" content was laughable because it was 1 month old.  Still waiting for them to roll out a Roku channel that was originally promised in Q1 of 2017, too.  But if they offer more promos to keep people from jumping ship, might be worth trying out (I'm keeping it right now just for the free HBO).

Edited by biodork

Linky:

Woah, nice. 

NBCSN = Formula 1 as well.  Been a good season so far.

Looking at full line-up: FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2 - this is solid, I'm in.

but..."SORRY, YOUTUBE TV IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA YET"  (14450).  

I have Sling. the Blue package gets you NBCSN and USA (and NHL Network). NBC is a no, antenna for that, if I could be bothered. CNBC costs extra, but I do it because Hockey and Soccer.

The product is, in reality, hot ###### garbage a good deal of the time, though. It just does not work. Waiting to see what YouTube and Hulu (they're coming out with one as well) put in their packages. I will drop Sling as soon as I have a better place to go.

Really? I have a couple of friends with it and they haven't complained at all.

Really? I have a couple of friends with it and they haven't complained at all.

Yeah, I've had nothing but problems with it over a few platforms.  My internet service is good enough to stream HD to three tv's simultaneously at my house with any other service (NHL.tv, Netflix, Hulu, MLB.tv) but Sling just crashes and burns roughly half the time I try to run it. 

Linky:

YouTube TV is currently available to residents of the following areas: 

Chicago
Los Angeles
New York City
Philadelphia
San Francisco Bay Area

I'm Boston area so I'm SOL for now.

YouTube TV is currently available to residents of the following areas: 

Chicago
Los Angeles
New York City
Philadelphia
San Francisco Bay Area

I'm Boston area so I'm SOL for now.

Sorry about the false alarm then. Works for me though. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.