Huck loves the buffalo mentality

Huckleberry

I'm only a bit drunk, but I felt the need to tell you all something.

I think some of you wondered, why someone like me is a sabres fan.   I have barely a clue myself, 17 years ago I bought EA NHL2000.

I took a look a 30 teams, had a fuss with my twin brother and told him, off we are picking the Buffalo sabres because it looks way cooler. 

Still a fan of the goathead :D

There were only 3 good players on that team, Hasek, Peca and Satan , but man Audette, Sanderson could fly, borwn and barnes, grosek.

I even loved Smelhlik, Varada, Zhitnik (funny thing my brother hated that he couldn't hit nothign with him) , McKee on that team. fell in love and I kept playing with the sabres over and over again.

2006 - 2008 , well I started following the sabres live more and more and then this happened.

I got chills all over me, the excitement, RJ, I wanted to see as many live games and needed to know more.  RJ made me fell in love with sabres more.

I tried a lot of boards, most rejected me for some strange reason,  Even HF boards and basically this was the only one to let me join  (I'm not kidding, most of them had user Issues from my country/provider :p ).   I joined in the summer of 2011.

But I'm glad this was the first one that let me in, I learned a lot from you guys about the team I love.   And I still consider all of you as some sort of online family.

We have all been through a lot the last couple of years, but I'm starting to feel we all are a band of brothers.

There are a lot of boards, well 3 years later they all let me join, this one compares to none, you guys are ace.   We all have had Issues, discussions and in the end we all love this team, we are in a rough spot right now.  But whatever happens to this team, I know there are all off you hoping for the best to happen.

But what impresses me most about this board is how all of you stick together in hard times, some of you know each other personally, others do not.

When someone goes through a rough time in his personal life, its not easy to say on a fan board, but it happens here and multiple times and I have seen all supporting that person.

Just wanted to say this a rough time, but whatever happens with the sabres, this board still hangs together like glue.   And that means a lot more than what happens with this team to me.

It's how the men in trenches felt about each other at Vimy.

And one day, we will take that ridge.

Mostly a Canadian/German battlefield, what I like about the sabres to, some Canadian influence in the family :P

Edit: I'll go to bed now, done sobering up, lets hope for no hangover in the afternoon.

Edited by Huckleberry

What great way to wake up. Hope your morning was headache free.

Here here.

It's a reminder of what those teams had that we've only had maybe in 05-06 since then: a sense that the team is more than the sum of its parts. Chemistry, a word that Terry should have added to his list yesterday.

When I was young, that's 40 years ago, I was a Nordiques fan (I'm a north quebecer). Never liked the Habs not because of the team but the medias. Two sports in Montreal at that time and sports reporter were messengers of how terrific the "Sainte flanelle" was. Still is! So when the Nordiques appeared, I was in! Marvelous years with Sakic and Forsberg then crap, too pour a province to have two professional hockey teams. I tried the Avalanche but no. Then came the Sabres in 2006 with Drury and Brière! Wow! I had my team. 

I went through the miserable years telling everybody the Sabres will be the next Hawks. What a sorrow! They look more now like the Leafs under Ballard in charge!

I love this place, can't beat the discussion and it really is a big family. I just wish I could be here for one good season. Every year I've been here, we've sucked

Correlation = causation

In this case, that would appear to be correct. ;)

For the love of god, go buy yourself an Austin Matthews jersey, immediately.

Seconded! :lol:

Sorry Charlie, you know we're just funnin'. Go get yourself a boiled milk steak and an assortment of fancy jelly beans. :beer:

What great way to wake up. Hope your morning was headache free.

Took me all day to recover, but never get any headaches.  was drinking non stop from 21.00 until 05.00.

I love this place, can't beat the discussion and it really is a big family. I just wish I could be here for one good season. Every year I've been here, we've sucked

Same for me, joined here in 2011.    Would be lovely to have them win a playoff series, preferably against the leafs. :D

If the Sabres social media people had any sense, they'd be monitoring the various boards. And when they read a post like this, if they had any sense, they'd tell their PR people about it, and Huck at the very least would get some swag in the mail.

Anyone know what, if anything, the Sabres did for MODO?

I want to call you the Huck just so I can use that line from Seinfeld about the Drake. "Everyone loves the Huck!" Great post, man. You've captured the feeling of being a Sabres convert perfectly. Love the gifs you use also. They always make me smile. If you ever come to the US we'll have to kill some beers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.