Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Shocked and disappointed in the GMTM part, if for no other reason then the rinse-repeat crap with the Bills and how it seems to be spreading to the Sabres

Questions others have raised without much comment:

1- What happens to the favor GMGM owed GMTM and impact it now has on expansion draft

2- How does this impact pending signings, i.e. Antipin, Petersen ?

This is what Bucky said:

I'm told Pegulas were looking for answers on how to proceed, and Murray didnt have many, or any. Bylsma was collateral damage swept w/GMTM

Huh?? How could a GM not have any answers to what to do?? Unless the answers they wanted were ones he wasn't comfortable with giving.

There's part of me that feels like, if they thought it was possible that they'd clean house today, they'd have already started the process of identifying candidates.

I took what Friedman said differently. I simply thought he meant they didn't have a specific target, not that they had a bag over their heads wondering why it was dark.

He also said it's a very attractive job. I would think some would be a little hesitant to work for the Pegula's.

Why?  If things work out, wonderful.  If not, you sit on your butt for the rest of the contract and make money doing nothing.  As is often noted, there are not many jobs like this so if you manage to snag one, you snag it.

There are 31 of each of these jobs in the world.  No one is going to be hesitant to work for them.

No one was ever hesitant to work for Al Davis, or George Steinbrenner, or Jeremy Jacobs, either.

Yep.  That was my complete thought.

Connect the dots, they're all there

:flirt:

Pretty telling quote from Terry that he means business:

"Fans should expect that we will acquire top players and enough top players to contend and win a stanley cup. It's a shift from making the playoffs to having bigger plans, bigger goals, going for it all." no, wait, that was darcy regier four years ago.

I just checked.... very weird:  7 Forwards, 1 D and 1 G.  And where is our greatest need now?  D.  And of the forwards, only Samson has made any kind of appearance.

I said this in the fix the D thread and got blasted for it. When you trade away all your D prospects and don't draft any replacements, its hard to have a flow of young talent on D. You end up trading for Kulikov, Gorges and Bogo and signing Franson.

Pretty telling quote from Terry that he means business:

"Fans should expect that we will acquire top players and enough top players to contend and win a stanley cup. It's a shift from making the playoffs to having bigger plans, bigger goals, going for it all." no, wait, that was darcy regier four years ago.

:lol:

:(

What's so bad about it? I think a thorough search is a good thing.

Tell me who's doing the searching.

There's part of me that feels like, if they thought it was possible that they'd clean house today, they'd have already started the process of identifying candidates.

Might explain the delay? Could someone be sitting next to Terry in the morning? (BTW, how beautiful is it that Terry finally HAS to face the music?)

I am not sure that I understand how Pegula is "meddling" with the Sabres. He hired TM and gave him free rein to build the team and coaching staff as he saw fit. Three years into it, is anyone really satisfied with the results? I liked TM's style and personality, and agreed with much of what he did, but there have been some critical errors that have resulted in the Sabres still muddling along. Anyone could see Bylsma was not right for this job after two years. Multiple player issues as well. If Murray stuck with Bylsma in his meeting with Pegula, good for him in pulling the plug. We are not starting over in the rebuild but a fresh direction is required.

Not sure if I'd call most of them errors.  They were more like #Buffaluck.

For all my criticism of TM's roster construction for this past season, then next GM has some really nice pieces to work starting with Risto and Jack. ROR is a solid player who only needs a little less playing time to be more effective. McCabe is a solid D on a value contract. Reinhart is still young and full of potential, but is already a 50 pt guy. Lehner is a solid goalie, who still has a chance to become an excellent one.

We also have an excellent pipeline of forwards in Nylander, Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Pu, and Estephan, coupled with an excellent D prospect in Guhle and a couple more D worth watching in Borgen and Fitzgerald. We also have some cap room next season, a top 10 draft pick and a loyal fanbase.

I'm not surprised people want the job(s).

Admittedly I wasn't confident that TM could fix the D. May hope is the new GM can rid us of the bad contracts and fix the D.

Good post.

What's so bad about it? I think a thorough search is a good thing.

Agreed, take the time to hire the right person for the job. If Murray and Bylsma had to go, you don't leave them hanging if you know you are going to be replacing them. Even if you don't know with who yet.

There are 31 of each of these jobs in the world.  No one is going to be hesitant to work for them.

No one was ever hesitant to work for Al Davis, or George Steinbrenner, or Jeremy Jacobs, either.

Well, I generally agree, but for his last decade-plus with us, just about everyone in the NFL with any juice had zero interest in working for the dearly departed Ralph Wilson.

Tell me who's doing the searching.

Might explain the delay? Could someone be sitting next to Terry in the morning? (BTW, how beautiful is it that Terry finally HAS to face the music?)

Quite possible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.