Kassian trade paying big dividends right now for Oilers...

matter2003

I think the manner in which the pizza is reheated really needs to be discussed here. If it's the microwave, absolutely cold pizza is better. If it's the toaster oven, then reheated is the way to go.

Correct.

Specifically, 4 minutes on 450. And, for all you instant-gratification-needing, soft, irresolute millennials: preheat that toaster oven.

I think the manner in which the pizza is reheated really needs to be discussed here. If it's the microwave, absolutely cold pizza is better. If it's the toaster oven, then reheated is the way to go.

Reheating pizza in a covered pan is the best way to go. Try it.

Specifically, 4 minutes on 450. And, for all you instant-gratification-needing, soft, irresolute millennials: preheat that toaster oven.

My method: 8-10 minutes in the oven (not toaster) at 300F, then crank it up to 450F for about 3-4 minutes.  The first step help heats the inside (top of crust, sauce and bottom of cheese) better before the second step really cooks the top of the cheese and the bottom of the crust.  I find this combination results in the closest thing to first-day pizza.  The thickness of the crust does factor in, of course.  Thin-crust doesn't need the first step as much as thicker-crust pizza does.

you can't eat a uncooked pizza straight from the fridge...gotta cook it first then let i cool if you want to eat it cold. uncooked bacon and other toppings will kill ya...having said I haven't eaten a pizza I didn't like (well, maybe once) Papa Johns is good and Domino's too...

you can't eat a uncooked pizza straight from the fridge...gotta cook it first then let i cool if you want to eat it cold. uncooked bacon and other toppings will kill ya...having said I haven't eaten a pizza I didn't like (well, maybe once) Papa Johns is good and Domino's too...

Fist: he's buying a pizza from a pizza place, so it Is already cooked.

Second: all pizza ingredients are already cooked before going onto the pizza

Third: domino's is a game played with little dotted tiles and Papa John's is ketchup and cardboard. Neither of which are pizza, nor edible.

My method: 8-10 minutes in the oven (not toaster) at 300F, then crank it up to 450F for about 3-4 minutes.  The first step help heats the inside (top of crust, sauce and bottom of cheese) better before the second step really cooks the top of the cheese and the bottom of the crust.  I find this combination results in the closest thing to first-day pizza.  The thickness of the crust does factor in, of course.  Thin-crust doesn't need the first step as much as thicker-crust pizza does.

9 minutes in the oven w/ a pizza stone. Just about equivalent to when it was fresh out of the pizza oven. (Bottom of crust is a little crispier is the main difference.)

Pffft. Open door, put slice in, hit the toast button, when it pops hit the toast button again, when it pops, eat. (may need one more toast)

This way, I know I won't burn it when I fell back to sleep because I am hung over and forgot that I am reheating last night's pizza that I don't even remember ordering.

You cold pizza dudes are all part of the great unwashed.

Cary Price?  Cary Grant.

Yes they are. They also drink cold coffee in the afternoon from that mornings left over brew pot to wash it down.

Grant.

An Affair to Remember. To Catch a Thief. The Bishop's Wife. Some of my favorites.

Yes they are. They also drink cold coffee in the afternoon from that mornings left over brew pot to wash it down.

Grant.

An Affair to Remember. To Catch a Thief. The Bishop's Wife. Some of my favorites.

Arsenic and old lace is a favorite.

Reheat pizza in the oven or in a iron skillet, anything else you're a monster.

Papa John's crust is boring and their sauce lacks flavor. I miss the pizza of Buffalo.

Kassian not only has Team Upswing led by McJesus  but he also has Crazy Lucic there to tutor him how to be a goal scoring lunatic.  I think it's great he has put his life back together...but I'm sure it helps be around a group like that who has suffered adversity and is rising as a group.

Edited by Marvelo

For reference, I specifically  meant microwave re-heating. You guys who can wait 8 minutes for leftover pizza have 10x the willpower I do.

Also, did somebody say Cary Grant yet? Because that's Cary Grant. From His Girl Friday.

EDIT: Even better in video form: 

Cary Grant was the .

Edited by sabills

Skillet with a cover.  The crust gets really crispy and the cheese gets really melty.

Reheating pizza in a covered pan is the best way to go. Try it.

And there we go.

Upon further reflection, Not only am I not intrigued by this pan idea anymore, I hate it.

If I'm pulling out cookware in the morning, it's to cook,... like a Western omlet or French toast or huevos rancheros. It's not to cook pizza FFS!

And if I am eating pizza for breakfast, it's because my life, where's the Advil, I should probably put some bourbon in my coffee just to get back to square. And in that case, a couple of clicks of a button is all I'm giving it, or, like sabills said, I'm just eating it cold now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.