Prediction Time: Will Dan Bylsma be fired this offseason?

TrueBlueGED

83 members have voted

1. 1. Well, will he?

• Yes.
    • No.

If the Bills hadn't fired the coach I think its a done deal but with a two franchise owner unfortunately things carry over. There's certainly a perception rightly or wrongly that there's some disfunction in Buffalo with the owners. I think there will be pressure from above on GMTM to be patient if only that the Bills beat him to it in firing the coach. So no unfortunately I think Bylsma carries this into next year before they fire him and it'll screw our chances at the playoffs next season as well. Do I want him gone ? Certainly. 

I think he will.... Exit interviews and the limping down the home stretch.... I think injuries bought him the season, until we lost to the avalanche and coyotes out of the break

This is essentially how I see it. The post-deadline record with a basically healthy team put him in the coffin, and player exits will seal the coffin. I think he had a lot of rope due to the cascade of injuries to start the season, but almost inexplicably, he has still managed to run out.

On the other hand, if Murray keeps him on, he'd completely reclaim the ZFG championship belt. In a bad way, but still. 

What if the Bills had fired Levy after the bickering Bills debacle?   

You think Colorado regrets firing Quenneville?

Seriously, less than two seasons removed from fielding the worst team in NHL history and it's the coaches fault they're not in the playoffs?    

Nothing's wrong, they are who we thought they were.   A team with some young guns figuring out how to play consistent hockey, and some aging slow vets on the tail end of horrendous contracts who will be gone soon.    This team isn't as far away as most think.

I can wish but then reality sets in, its Buffalo futility all over again... F Blysmatics and zero murrays given.

What if the Bills had fired Levy after the bickering Bills debacle?

You think Colorado regrets firing Quenneville?

Seriously, less than two seasons removed from fielding the worst team in NHL history and it's the coaches fault they're not in the playoffs?

Nothing's wrong, they are who we thought they were. A team with some young guns figuring out how to play consistent hockey, and some aging slow vets on the tail end of horrendous contracts who will be gone soon. This team isn't as far away as most Stink.

. fixed Edited by North Buffalo

We have regressed during a rebuild. That can't be taken lightly, and something big needs to change as a result.

As others have said, we had a largely healthy squad last few months, and the kicker is that break. We were on a roll clawing our way back and after the break played the two worst teams in the league. That's the nicest and most gentle way to come back from an abesnse. We should have rolled over them and moved on. We didn't and now we are playing like a hot mess.

I voted yes......

There seems to be a disconnect between the veteran players and the young guns

Next guy is going to be a Drill Sargent type to get Reinhart and Eichel in line

I like how it makes me feel when I disagree with TrueBlue and WildCard

He has to be doesn't he?  Listened to him on the way in to work and it just sounds like a guy defeated and knows he's lost the room.

First and foremost a coach has to be a leader. There is nothing in Dan's demeanour that says leadership.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.