What's our boldest move?

PASabreFan

Dump GMTM and DD and hire Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter (who the LA Kings reporter of the LA Times said on NHLNetwork Radio today that both guys may be gone after this season).

Edited by yse325

Dump GMTM and DD and hire Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter (who the LA Kings reporter of the LA Times said on NHLNetwork Radio today that both guys may be gone after this season).

I don't think I like the Kings style any more than DD, although I might be getting them mixed up with the Ducks.

if Pegulas are gonna Pegul,

pegulas-pegulas-gonna-pegul.jpg

The return on an Eichel would have to be real and spectacular.

:doh:

Two words:  Eric Lindros.  It brought two Cups to the Nordiques.  (Ummmm.... after they moved to Colorado though.  :unsure: )

Move Jack to D.

That's a coach's move, not a GM's, but okay, I'm in.  Scotty Bowman did it with Federov, and it made him a much better all around player.  He certainly wasn't a liability on D with his skill set.

The reason Bowman did it with Federov was that he'd run into an offensive funk.  I'm not sure you do that with Jack just as he's emerging as an offensive power.

remain patient.

this team is closer than we think.   replace a few aging vets with bad contracts, add a few pieces on D, and it likely results in a playoff birth.

the wrong thing to do at this point would be a major overhaul... you don't do that mid-rebuild.

this is about the most sane and truthful thing I have seen in a while...we are closer then we think and injuries (especially Jack missing so many games then not being near 100% for another bunch as well as Kane, OReilly, just about all the D-men) have taken their tool this year. Think where we'd be if we had a healthy year like the leafs and we didn;t miss these players like we did...Jack would be at around 30 to 35 goals, Kane would easily be over 30, and with all the injuries on the D maybe Kulikov would have shown he's much better then we've seen this year

This is ridiculous. ROR would be a Norris-calibre D, not Jack.

actually does trying OReilly on D make sense???just might (certainly not jack)

remain patient.

this team is closer than we think.   replace a few aging vets with bad contracts, add a few pieces on D, and it likely results in a playoff birth.

the wrong thing to do at this point would be a major overhaul... you don't do that mid-rebuild.

You ahould be reported for not following the thread. Darcy is that you?

this is about the most sane and truthful thing I have seen in a while...we are closer then we think and injuries (especially Jack missing so many games then not being near 100% for another bunch as well as Kane, OReilly, just about all the D-men) have taken their tool this year. Think where we'd be if we had a healthy year like the leafs and we didn;t miss these players like we did...Jack would be at around 30 to 35 goals, Kane would easily be over 30, and with all the injuries on the D maybe Kulikov would have shown he's much better then we've seen this year

I don't think injuries really played a very big role in where this team ended up in the standings.   Goal scoring has been decent.... defensively they have not been very good, and it's not all on the defensemen.    The forwards are still learning how to defend in all areas of the ice.    As Eichel said in his latest interview he is primarily focused on improving his defensive play and wants to be trusted to play late in tight games, etc... where he can use his skillset to defend.     For all the points he's scored, he's still a -9 on the season.     Kane a -15, Reinhart a -10.    Those 3 spent a good amount of time together this season and they were collectively a -34 at even strength.     That has to change and it starts with committing to focus on learning how to defend.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.