GDT: meh. Sabres @ Jackets. Meh. 3-10-17 at 7PM

TrueBlueGED

Well, it's not do or die yet in terms of playoffs.  They can afford to lose 2 games in regulation before being effectively eliminated.  

So if we lose this one, season isn't over.   This one isn't a must win, in terms of the playoffs.  LOL

The tank broke the fan base. No one cares anymore. There was more passion in the Lindy-Darcy-Vanek-Pominville-heroic-run-for-9th days than there is now.

I don't know if that's true. If this team had a coach who tried to win games 5-4 instead of trying to win them 2-1, the fans would be much more enthusiastic.

Last night I stopped at wal mart around midnight to pick up grape hi-c juice boxes. They didn't have grape and no other flavor was desired by my ill gf so I was purposeless at walmart. As I walked to my car the bright yellow neon lights of buffalo wild wings caught my notice. So I checked my phone and sure enough 3 nhl games were still going on.

So I grabbed a beer and watched the third periods of Islanders-Canucks and Sharks-Caps. First uninterrupted hockey I've caught in months. And it didn't depress me because nobody was playing Bylsma's awful, soul-sucking, funless brand of hockey! It was really nice to immerse myself in an NHL game again.

:thumbdown: A lot of the negativity around here, in my opinion, is neither impressive nor productive...... Go Sabres!

As mentioned previously, Bobrovsky is riding a three-game shutout streak into tonight. I imagine he'll play at home tonight and take off tomorrow in BUF?

Per the Columbus Dispatch:

The narrative for tonight... who's streak will last? Jack's or Bob's? My money is on Jack.

A regulation loss would give BUF 70 points lost on the season.   Tied for 4th.

A win would keep them at 68 points lost....  good for 8th.  

With 15 games remaining, there has to be a point to all of this right?

Wait... we're tracking points lost now?

Do we get loser lost points for winning in overtime?

Yes, 1 point for an OT "win" (carrion league speak).

I swore I'd never cheer against them again after the tank season, but it's only for a dozen games or so... no harm right?

Ach! The carrion league. We must unlearn what we have learned about carrion!

But it's a good question. Does rooting for your team to lose (for pick placement/odds) damage your psyche in some way? Or are you still rooting for what is best for the team? (Not you in particular, but the royal you of us all)

The narrative for tonight... who's streak will last? Jack's or Bob's? My money is on Jack.

Don't know why, but seeing your post reminded me of X's awesome post during a Sabres - Phlyers playoff series. It read: Bobrovsky is Russian for sieve.

:lol: He was awful in Filly.

Let's hope he channels his inner Phlyer tonight.

Yes, 1 point for an OT "win" (carrion league speak).

I swore I'd never cheer against them again after the tank season, but it's only for a dozen games or so... no harm right?

I was a big proponent of the T***.

I swore I would never root for them to lose again.

Whatever happens over the next fifteen games so be it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.