Sabres/Rangers Outdoor game

SwampD

The Winter Classic is/was a great idea. Adding in the Heritage Classic for 2 Canadian teams, fine. Stadium Series? Over-saturation.

It's also BS if we'd have to be the Home team and play in NYC. I know we've held one here already, but as that article points out, it was 10 years ago now. How many Winter Classics/Stadium Series/etc have The Rangers played? Or the Penguins for that matter. Big Market teams get preference I guess, but Buffalo sold out instantly , and it's much better venue than a baseball park.

Buffalo always have the best TV Ratings for Hockey games too. We deserve another game in Buffalo.

if theyre doing wjc outdoor game at the ralph, why not use the ice for an nhl game too?

Anyone else hear this rumor? Pretty sure it's going to happen.

Sorry, here's a link.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/could-the-rangers-be-in-the-winter-classic-at-citi-field-next-year/217319862

Interesting, during this past winter classic, NBC mentioned that they were working on an outdoor game for next season to be hosted by West Point and that the NYR would play but needed to be the "away" team. They didn't go into much detail but soon after someone in NYC either radio or tv mentioned it could be Buffalo. But after that any mentions of anything just died off, until i saw this thread. Pretty sweet if true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.