Sabres/Rangers Outdoor game

SwampD

Anyone else hear this rumor? Pretty sure it's going to happen.

Without a time frame, I'm sure it will. Eventually every team will play every other team in an outdoor game. It'll be a the second game of a triple header with the Bangkok One-nights playing the Tokyo Katanas in the early game, an orignal-30 matchup Sabres vs. Rangers in the middle and the Sydney Operas playing the Terra del Fuego Flames in the first outdoor game played in Antarctica.

Without a time frame, I'm sure it will. Eventually every team will play every other team in an outdoor game. It'll be a the second game of a triple header with the Bangkok One-nights playing the Tokyo Katanas in the early game, an orignal-30 matchup Sabres vs. Rangers in the middle and the Sydney Operas playing the Terra del Fuego Flames in the first outdoor game played in Antarctica.

:lol:

I'm bored with outdoor games. Let's play on the moon. 

I still like them. I just don't want to see a taped package where JR shows us frozen lakes and ponds and says outdoors is how we grew to love the game like that's where these guys played growing up. If they really want to hearken back to the players' youth, then the winter classic should be played at 3:30AM, in a rundown arena that smells like sweat and mildew where the puck and sticks get caught under the Zamboni door and all the shower handles are broken off.

I still like them. I just don't want to see a taped package where JR shows us frozen lakes and ponds and says outdoors is how we grew to love the game like that's where these guys played growing up. If they really want to hearken back to the players' youth, then the winter classic should be played at 3:30AM, in a rundown arena that smells like sweat and mildew where the puck and sticks get caught under the Zamboni door and all the shower handles are broken off.

I would watch this  :lol:  They all have to get driven to the rink by their parents in minivans...

Definitely.  And rather than the Kraft Hockeyville game being a preseason game, make it a regular season game that means something, with tickets given out to that town.

I would watch this :lol: They all have to get driven to the rink by their parents in minivans...

Right. Every NHLer has to stay with a host family, and the host families drive them in to the game.

I have eyes everywhere, and ears everywhere else.

...picturing a really creepy Mr. Potato Head here.... :o

This is fantastic.

Especially this part ...

The Winter Classic is/was a great idea. Adding in the Heritage Classic for 2 Canadian teams, fine. Stadium Series? Over-saturation.

It's also BS if we'd have to be the Home team and play in NYC. I know we've held one here already, but as that article points out, it was 10 years ago now. How many Winter Classics/Stadium Series/etc have The Rangers played? Or the Penguins for that matter. Big Market teams get preference I guess, but Buffalo sold out instantly , and it's much better venue than a baseball park.

Buffalo always have the best TV Ratings for Hockey games too. We deserve another game in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.