Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Korab, I unintentionally misrepresented. I say "after taxes" turns out, I mean "after taxes, insurance, social security, Medicare?, 401k."

Anywhooo, not a lot left to pay rent, stay warm and buy food. Would have been nice to have that few grand back instead of the couple hundred I did get back.

Wish I was responsible enough with my money to not ever buy bills tickets with it. That was a waste, every time. Can't remember ever being happy when leaving orchard park after a game. Nope, not once! Always sidestepping vomit and jumping over streams of piss and getting my balls broken by fans of whatever team just curb stomped Buffalo. ###### the bills!

I hear you.  You would have been better off knocking up a couple hoes so you could claim the kids as dependents while the state supported them.  

Sports tickets are never a good investment.  You'd be better off taking that money and betting against the Bills.  That way, when the bills lose, you are happy!

Jesus - if someone had actually done that, what would the return be over the last 17 years?  I'm not much of a betting guy so I never pay attention to spreads.  See what I did there, Wildcard?

Edited by korab rules

I know what regressive taxes are.  In a system where 50% of the population pays no income tax and the remaining 50% pays a progressively steep income tax, but everyone has to pay a small amount of sales tax on what they purchase with what they have left, the system is not regressive. sales tax is regressive, but our tax system is not.  

Of that 46% more than half would have paid payroll tax and the rest are retiries. Crying about the poor not paying their share is silly.

...As well as state and property.

I hear you.  You would have been better off knocking up a couple hoes so you could claim the kids as dependents while the state supported them.  

Sports tickets are never a good investment.  You'd be better off taking that money and betting against the Bills.  That way, when the bills lose, you are happy!

Jesus - if someone had actually done that, what would the return be over the last 17 years?  I'm not much of a betting guy so I never pay attention to spreads.  See what I did there, Wildcard?

Unfortunately, that's not quite how betting works.

It may well be that the Bills have a winning ATS record in games they've lost at home during the course of the drought. I'm not sure anyone aggregates that data -- it's probably out there somewhere. So, if you were to have bet against the Bills for all of their drought home games, you'd probably be upside down financially as well as emotionally/spiritually. 

EDIT: I found one site that indicates that the Bills are a 53.7% winner at home ATS since 2003. So, if you were betting against the Bills for all those games, you'd have lost more than you won.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Of that 46% more than half would have paid payroll tax and the rest are retiries. Crying about the poor not paying their share is silly....As well as state and property.

What percentage of the poor can afford to purchase property? Thought this discussion was about "typical" $40k/yr 4 person families?

And, again regarding state income tax, didn't review the CC credits nor EIC available to that family. At most, that family is paying 2% of their gross in state income tax in NYS & most likely significantly less.

Edited by Taro T

I know what regressive taxes are. In a system where 50% of the population pays no income tax and the remaining 50% pays a progressively steep income tax, but everyone has to pay a small amount of sales tax on what they purchase with what they have left, the system is not regressive. sales tax is regressive, but our tax system is not.

Yea! Damn those 0-18yr olds and those 67- death year olds for not paying income tax. Freeloaders... btw, that makes up something like 37% (27%? Either or) of that 48.7% of ppl not paying taxes. Edited by LGR4GM

Yea! Damn those 0-18yr olds and those 67- death year olds for not paying income tax. Freeloaders... btw, that makes up something like 37% (27%? Either or) of that 48.7% of ppl not paying taxes.

Households not straight percentage of population! And guess which population has the greatest household size? You're not understanding the math here. As a percentage of population it's probably much higher than 50% but for some reason there aren't a lot of hard numbers available for this kind of data. See what I did there, wildcard?

Edited by korab rules

Households not straight percentage of population! And guess which population has the greatest household size? You're not understanding the math here.

Poor ppl do. Because there's more poor than rich ppl. The wealth gap in the US is appalling.

We're gonna get into politics so... the Bills can't throw deep. Receivers or QB to blame?

lol - you have no idea.  I spent years working in and around the system.

I'm sorry, but actually, I do have a perfectly clear idea. Your comments about knocking up hoes and wanting the latest pair of sneakers gives us all a perfectly clear idea.

Enjoy your bubble.

Edited by ericcomposer72

So was the 125 yards passing because tyrod is that bad, or is it because we have the most conservative coaching staff in the league again?

It didn't seem like Dennison had him look past the line of scrimmage until the final drive of the game (sadly, only a mild exaggeration), so I am going to hesitantly say coaching on this one.