Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

"Of any kind" is pretty wide open. Bandits?

I moved from Buffalo long before the Bandits were a thing.  Point taken, but they mean nothing to me.

1965*

Oh... that's right, they won two in a row, didn't they?

Beauts, dammit.  Within this calendar year (for another 13 minutes).

See my previous post RE Bandits.

Edited by Anordning

Won't even need offense next week.      Poyer, Hyde and White with 3 pick 6 :P

Don't forget Gaines, who almost had 2 picks this game. The defense is definitely much better with him in the lineup. White, Hyde, Poyer, and Gaines could soon become our version of the Legion of Boom.

A few interesting facts: 

1. This game's final score was 22-16, which was a mirror version of the final score of our last playoff game.

2. This was the only season in franchise history where the team finished with a winning record (9-7) and also had a negative total point differential (-57).

3. Both coaches during The Drought who quit on the Bills after two seasons are now in the playoffs (Marrone and Mularkey).

4. McCoy's Pro Bowl 2017 season gives the Bills 30 1,000+ yard rushing performances in franchise history. Only the Rams (32 instances) and Bears (31 instances) have had more.

I don't know what to make of the Jags. Four of their wins came against the Watson-less Texans, the Luck-less Colts, and the Browns. The Steelers game was their only impressive win. But Fournette is the real deal, as is their defense. Our garbage run defense needs to step up. And can the Bills develop their own running game without McCoy? Taylor needs to play above his usual 3-and-out self and actually sustain drives and put up some points in the second half.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to post this:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/watch-bills-arrive-wild-scene-buffalo-airport

Looking at the draft position, Don't think a QB is something you guys can draft this year.   There are 10 teams a head of you in need of a QB.

I can see at least 7 QB's drafted before the bills have a shot.

Unless they trade up

Don't forget Gaines, who almost had 2 picks this game. The defense is definitely much better with him in the lineup. White, Hyde, Poyer, and Gaines could soon become our version of the Legion of Boom.

A few interesting facts: 

1. This game's final score was 22-16, which was a mirror version of the final score of our last playoff game.

2. This was the only season in franchise history where the team finished with a winning record (9-7) and also had a negative total point differential (-57).

3. Both coaches during The Drought who quit on the Bills after two seasons are now in the playoffs (Marrone and Mularkey).

4. McCoy's Pro Bowl 2017 season gives the Bills 30 1,000+ yard rushing performances in franchise history. Only the Rams (32 instances) and Bears (31 instances) have had more.

I don't know what to make of the Jags. Four of their wins came against the Watson-less Texans, the Luck-less Colts, and the Browns. The Steelers game was their only impressive win. But Fournette is the real deal, as is their defense. Our garbage run defense needs to step up. And can the Bills develop their own running game without McCoy? Taylor needs to play above his usual 3-and-out self and actually sustain drives and put up some points in the second half.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to post this:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/watch-bills-arrive-wild-scene-buffalo-airport

Good stuff. Both of those coaches also got us to a winning record at 9-7, then left.

Can't wait to hear Schopp today talk about how interesting the Browns are and how he envies all their cap space and draft pics.

Looking at the draft position, Don't think a QB is something you guys can draft this year. There are 10 teams a head of you in need of a QB.

7 QBs in the first 20 picks? Has anything remotely close to that ever happened?

Edit: The most I see is 4. So doubling that seems a little excessive.

Edited by Borkman

Coming out of self-imposed posting retirement for this:

I have no words.  My 15 year old son (who has watched his Pens and Steelers win; smart kid) watched me as I had the Ravens on one screen and the Bills on the other.  Pacing wildly, speaking in tongues, jumping, groaning, swearing, and then tearing..  I'm hoarse today.  He has never seen the Bills in the playoffs and what his old man does when he actually has a team to root for.  I never gave up, I never will, but it is sure damn hard to be a Buffalo sports fan.

One more week..  It feels good, it feels right.  May modern medicine do what it takes to heal a 3-week sprain in 6 days...

Peace out.

Heading back into self-imposed posting retirement.

Looking at the draft position, Don't think a QB is something you guys can draft this year.   There are 10 teams a head of you in need of a QB.

They can and will draft a quarterback in the later rounds.  Also, nice graph!

Edited by Eleven

I can't imagine him being effective at all, especially if its a high ankle sprain.

Speaking of that, I haven't seen anything online about whether its high ankle sprain or "low"

Good stuff. Both of those coaches also got us to a winning record at 9-7, then left.

Can't wait to hear Schopp today talk about how interesting the Browns are and how he envies all their cap space and draft pics.

I think you mean "super-interesting." It was such a moment of luck that Schopp was off when the drought ended. Bulldog is the perfect guy in that role. Schopp would have made everyone ponder if the Bills are really "good" and then would have asked Bulldog to bet on whether he'd trade the current Bills for the 2004 Chiefs before asking him to name the starting offensive linemen on that team.

They can and will draft a quarterback in the later rounds.  Also, nice graph!

Nate Silver? It's Hillary, it's Hillary, no, it's not.

I got up this morning and immediately went to Twitter to see the footage of the fans at the airport, knowing damn well I'd find it.

This is great.  I've been emotionally detached from this team for a good 10 years. 

I was on the couch next to my son watching the end of Ravens-Bengals.  My son was being grouchy and nervous and I told him not to get so worked up over it.  And then when the long 4th down pass hit for a touchdown, I was off the couch in a flash and yelled "TOUCHDOWN..... YEAH" way louder than I ever thought I would.  And my son turned and asked "Who's getting worked up?".

It's nice to have fun being a fan again. 

My son and I were on our way home having just watched Team USA pull off a last minute win against Finland.  We listened to the end of the game and then got to listen to Bulldog basically go speechless when the Bengals scored and the game ended.  It was pretty cool to be driving down 90 and listening to it take place.

I'm nowhere near the football fan I was when I was growing up in Buffalo but it's nice to have the team making the playoffs and getting people happy.  

Did not check any scores through the day and early evening.

Once I made a nice, but simple New Year's Eve supper for my wife and I and it was in the oven, I checked and saw that the Bills made it in a very wild fashion.

Congrats to the Bills players, management, owners and especially the fans.  It has been a long time coming.