Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Wassssup was pretty great.

Dilly Dilly doesn't do it for me.

Although an interview with the guy who was the creative force behind "Dilly Dilly" made me reconsider the matter -- he totally came off as a jolly, fun-loving sort of fellow, and he was carrying several extra beers around, so to speak. Maybe he's related to Santa?

So if the Patriots and Jags lose out, and the Titans lose to the 49ers and Rams, the Chargers lose any one game, and the Bills win out, I think that means we finish with the #2 seed?  Stay optimistic!

:lol:

I'll drink whatever you're having!

That would be awesome though  B-)

I don't hate it

He may be the best defensive player in the draft and probably won't last long enough for either of our 1st round picks. Definitely not worth trading up for a LB, but FWIW he's pretty much the ideal 4-3 MLB for Coach McJesus. But there should be a lot of good LB value beyond Smith in this draft. The front seven of this defense is so awful that I wouldn't be too surprised if all four of our picks in rounds 1-2 are used on the positions of DT, DE, and LB.

He may be the best defensive player in the draft and probably won't last long enough for either of our 1st round picks. Definitely not worth trading up for a LB, but FWIW he's pretty much the ideal 4-3 MLB for Coach McJesus. But there should be a lot of good LB value beyond Smith in this draft. The front seven of this defense is so awful that I wouldn't be too surprised if all four of our picks in rounds 1-2 are used on the positions of DT, DE, and LB.

All of this is 100% accurate.

Uh... QB?

Uh... QB?

Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph should still be on the board for our first pick. I would take him. Then worry about the offensive line, then the defensive line. Without an improved offensive line a rookie QB will get eaten alive. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Uh... QB?

This is one of the best free agent QB classes ever, so the Bills could definitely go in that direction if they choose not to trade an entire draft on the potential of a single rookie QB. Assuming they cut Tyrod Taylor, the Bills will have enough cap room to sign a good QB plus two more big-name free agents. Then if they hold on to their top 4-5 draft picks, that's 7-8 new starters we're talking about. The Bills can get this thing turned around quickly if they don't throw everything away trying to chase the next Wentz/Goff. There are simply too many other teams needing a QB, enough question marks surrounding the QB's in this draft, too many historical QB draft busts, and too many roster holes to make trading way up in the first worth it....just my opinion.

This is one of the best free agent QB classes ever, so the Bills could definitely go in that direction if they choose not to trade an entire draft on the potential of a single rookie QB. Assuming they cut Tyrod Taylor, the Bills will have enough cap room to sign a good QB plus two more big-name free agents. Then if they hold on to their top 4-5 draft picks, that's 7-8 new starters we're talking about. The Bills can get this thing turned around quickly if they don't throw everything away trying to chase the next Wentz/Goff. There are simply too many other teams needing a QB, enough question marks surrounding the QB's in this draft, too many historical QB draft busts, and too many roster holes to make trading way up in the first worth it....just my opinion.

Yes.  And with so many mocks having Mason Rudolph available in the late first round or even early second round, there's leeway.

Yes.  And with so many mocks having Mason Rudolph available in the late first round or even early second round, there's leeway.

Exactly, no one is talking about trading up for a QB. I think 3 go before the Bills pick and I can think of 5 I would draft. 

Nice feature on Matt Milano in today's paper. The guy really has played quite well.

Occurs to me: McDermott sure does love him some Boston College linebackers.

Quick vignette. I was at a Lowe's store in Naples, FL on the Sunday in November that the Bills played the Saints. Game had just ended and an older gentleman and his wife were in line behind me, and he is wearing a Bills jersey. I couldn't see the name on the back and the number didn't mean anything to me, but I struck up a conversation with the couple. We lamented the terrible showing by the Bills that day, and he said he couldn't understand some of the personnel decisions on defense. I asked him to explain, and he said, "For example, my grandson has played pretty well when he's gotten a chance, but for some reason he's not getting much playing time."

You guessed it - Matt Milano's grandpa! Very nice folks, and knowledgeable about football. His grandson has indeed played pretty well!