2017 NHL Trade listings and comments

North Buffalo

Figured we needed a running trade list for this season brought about by the first two announced 2017 trades:

Nothing earth shattering :

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-acquire-enroth-from-toronto/c-285551492

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-trade-predators-acquire-cody-mcleod-avalanche/2017/01/13/

Also helpful link: https://www.nhl.com/news/2016-17-nhl-trades/c-281003458

Edited by North Buffalo

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, he's no star, but on the 3rd pair Nesterov is a clear, clear upgrade to 4 and 41. No idea what the possible downside of giving up a 6th and a garbage prospect for this guy is in the short term or in the long term.

It sucks, but I just think Murray believes in the team he has assembled--even the depth pieces. He shouldn't, but he does.

It sucks, but I just think Murray believes in the team he has assembled--even the depth pieces. He shouldn't, but he does.

I don't have specific quotes to give you, but I seem to remember some interviews near the beginning of the season where he implied otherwise, specifically about the defense.  Basically, they were "I could make some moves that might help a little right now, but wouldn't help - and could hurt - them in their long-term potential (i.e., when Jack, Sam, etc, are ready to make the real push for the Cup)" type comments.

I don't have specific quotes to give you, but I seem to remember some interviews near the beginning of the season where he implied otherwise, specifically about the defense. Basically, they were "I could make some moves that might help a little right now, but wouldn't help - and could hurt - them in their long-term potential (i.e., when Jack, Sam, etc, are ready to make the real push for the Cup)" type comments.

I remember these too, but he'd have a tough time convincing me that this move would hurt at any point in the future. Especially since it might help win now, which certainly would be good for those guys.

I remember these too, but he'd have a tough time convincing me that this move would hurt at any point in the future. Especially since it might help win now, which certainly would be good for those guys.

He may picture it as a *sideways* move, as I do. Just a shuffle of the same. If a team took Gorges/Molson and his contract with a move like this and TM didn't take it, then there is reason to wonder what his intentions are.

• 2 weeks later...

Dad joke of the year material here

My jokes are ready then, just gotta work on the other part.

Stone from Arizona to Calgary for a 3rd and conditional 5th.

Meh, depth D for Calgary, but that price was in the ball park.

I read this is "Strome" at first and had to do a severe double take.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.