The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 2/9/2023 at 11:29 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I still think my bidet was one of the best purchases I've ever made... Heated seat, heated water. Built in dryer. Saves my neck pain on wiping 😂😂😂

Have you tried holding the paper in your hand rather than teeth?

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Some guy in a pickup truck creamed a parked mini-van out in front of my house about an hour ago.  He definitely totaled his own truck, his front axle was definitely destroyed.  From my angle inside, it looked like the tire was completely off.  But hey, "I thought I just grazed it".

On 2/3/2023 at 6:55 PM, SwampD said:

Got a jury duty summons delivered to my house today.

It wasn’t for me. It was for a James Walters.

Looked him up. Turns out he’s a republican from Tennessee.

He is registered to vote in my town using my address.

He has 8 other current addresses.

Not sure what to next.

Ask him if he ever watched the 1970's show 8 is Enough.

One of the Stars was Laurie Walters. 

Cue the eerie music !  😲

5 hours ago, shrader said:

Some guy in a pickup truck creamed a parked mini-van out in front of my house about an hour ago.  He definitely totaled his own truck, his front axle was definitely destroyed.  From my angle inside, it looked like the tire was completely off.  But hey, "I thought I just grazed it".

There have been 6 parked car hits in fromt of our house in the 22yrs we’ve lived here. Literally every neighbor around us has had a car hit.  Ours has been hit once too.

It is a long, straight, flat, north/south rd with a 30mph speed limit.  No idea why there would be 6 parked car accidents on this road over 22yrs, let alone 6 in front of our house.

16 hours ago, Weave said:

There have been 6 parked car hits in fromt of our house in the 22yrs we’ve lived here. Literally every neighbor around us has had a car hit.  Ours has been hit once too.

It is a long, straight, flat, north/south rd with a 30mph speed limit.  No idea why there would be 6 parked car accidents on this road over 22yrs, let alone 6 in front of our house.

Our neighborhood used to be a dead end but in the last 2-3 years they extended the road out to the main road.  So we're a nice cut through from one side of the town to the other.  This is the first parked car hit, but I'm sure there will be more.  People fly through and kids no look run into the street.  Two simple stop signs would eliminate most of the risk, but the town never does anything until that bad accident actually happens.  Fortunately my son is still just a crawler, so I've got some time to finish fencing in my yard.

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Having a baby any day now. Anyone have advice to not lose my mind in the interim? Still not due for two weeks and we’re definitely starting to feel the stress of it. 

Deep breaths.  The smarter and dumber portions of society have been able to do it successfully for thousands of years.  You guys will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

Having a baby any day now. Anyone have advice to not lose my mind in the interim? Still not due for two weeks and we’re definitely starting to feel the stress of it. 

At least you know you get to keep the baby once he/she is born, so enjoy that.  We flew across the country not knowing if we'd ever even see him.  Get used to the stress though.  That's not going away for a very long time... but completely worth it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, #freejame said:

Awesome.

Exercise is, by far, the best way to deal with stress.  You'll be happier and relaxed, and you'll sleep better -- until of course the little one arrives, at which point you will never sleep and will wonder WTF happened.

Good luck to you and your wife.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, #freejame said:

My baby mama had a C-Section. So shortly after they lifted the bambino out, I got to share the sex (boy!) to my wife (we didn’t find out prior).  

After the immediate baby checkups, they wheeled my wife away for post-op. Soon after, they handed me my boy. And it was just me and him quiet and alone at 4am.  Open eyes. Just him and me.

Whether immediate or not, you’re going to have that too.  Take that time to pace around and make some promises to your child.  I promised that hour old little hooligan he can stay up an extra 15 minutes anytime a Sabres game is on. I’m not kidding. And also some more important stuff.  
Whatever promises you make at that moment, you’ll keep.  Go big.  

Also, no one told me about the black tar 💩every newborn takes. They save that for the dads to deal with. 

GOOD LUCK!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

My baby mama had a C-Section. So shortly after they lifted the bambino out, I got to share the sex (boy!) to my wife (we didn’t find out prior).  

After the immediate baby checkups, they wheeled my wife away for post-op. Soon after, they handed me my boy. And it was just me and him quiet and alone at 4am.  Open eyes. Just him and me.

Whether immediate or not, you’re going to have that too.  Take that time to pace around and make some promises to your child.  I promised that hour old little hooligan he can stay up an extra 15 minutes anytime a Sabres game is on. I’m not kidding. And also some more important stuff.  
Whatever promises you make at that moment, you’ll keep.  Go big.  

Also, no one told me about the black tar 💩every newborn takes. They save that for the dads to deal with. 

GOOD LUCK!

The black tar dumps aren't bad.  No odor.

Now formula dumps ... ewwwwww.

If one were to drive past the airport and get on THE 290 to get off in Williamsville (Russia on d4rk's Eleven map of WNY?) would one pay a toll? I can't explain it really... If there's a toll I'll drive up Route 20 or something. I have tollphobia. It's not the money. Somehow I panic.

31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If one were to drive past the airport and get on THE 290 to get off in Williamsville (Russia on d4rk's Eleven map of WNY?) would one pay a toll? I can't explain it really... If there's a toll I'll drive up Route 20 or something. I have tollphobia. It's not the money. Somehow I panic.

It's all tolls by mail now and you don't stop, just drive and get a bill in the mailbox. But with that said, the 290 is the last exit that you can get off of the 90 without paying any toll. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

So I know this guy who brings canned soup to work.  Nothing wrong with that.  

HE EATS IT COLD.  He literally pops the top off of the can and just goes at it with a spoon.  

It's not limited to broth-based soups (e.g. minestrone, chicken noodle, etc.), either; he does this with cream based soups, too.  Like lukewarm potato chowder or cream of broccoli, right out of the can.  I must mention that these are heat-and-eat soups, not condensed soups.

Am I wrong to think this is disgusting?

(Sorry--I needed a distraction from the Sabres' performances in the last 48 hours.)

Edited by Eleven

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

So I know this guy who brings canned soup to work.  Nothing wrong with that.  

HE EATS IT COLD.  He literally pops the top off of the can and just goes at it with a spoon.  

It's not limited to broth-based soups (e.g. minestrone, chicken noodle, etc.), either; he does this with cream based soups, too.  Like lukewarm potato chowder or cream of broccoli, right out of the can.  I must mention that these are heat-and-eat soups, not condensed soups.

Am I wrong to think this is disgusting?

(Sorry--I needed a distraction from the Sabres' performances in the last 48 hours.)

That is just disturbing.

There is just something comforting about a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day.

Ramadan starts in two weeks.

I have decided that I will not do a full fast this year.  Some aging pains (nothing major) and emotional pains this past year and this being my busiest time at work all year have contributed to my decision to focus on other aspects of Ramadan (charity and prayer) and forgo the physical fasting.  I believe Allah is most merciful.

In conversation with @Taro T prior to Lent stating he was kind of the same mind.  It seems that he has been active recently so it looks like he is limiting his Lenten fast also.  I wish all who are observing Lent and the upcoming Easter celebrations in any way a very blessed season.  Passover and Easter overlap this year.  I wish all my Brothers and Sisters observing Passoever a blessed Holiday too.  Eid will be April 20 or 21 depending on the cresent moon sighting, so about a week after Passover ends and about 10 days after Easter.  It's nice, I find, when all are at the same time of year.  My apologies to any other Holidays that I have missed that any are observing.

Since I am very busy with work and life I will not be here as much over the coming weeks, but I will not be fasting from Sabrespace this Ramadan.

I know @shrader, at least in a previous life, would be disappointed that I am not fasting, but we both have grown in the past 10+ years.

GO SABRES!!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Awesome! (+1) 1