The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

48 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Right. Because so many of the drunk fans are found with weapons.

The jocks would rule as always.

I find it a bit odd that you’re holding something against these players that hasn’t actually happened. 

And who really knows what these people are found with. As was mentioned earlier, they hide all of these drunken sprints from the world. They’d hide Morganna from us today. 

20 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The Atomic Wedgie Jock Privilege defense would not hold up at a manslaughter trial, methinks.

Seriously you'd have to have a lot more than some twisted version of the castle doctrine

20 hours ago, shrader said:

With all the stupidity going on these days, I bet it would be a very easy defense. 

They would just rename it to the Stand Your Ground defense.

I'm posting from my Christmas present.  My son told my wife what to order and he put it together:  My new computer.  The old one was about 8 years old.  Overdue.  The worst aspect was video playback.  Youtube, streaming, Twitter, it was all getting pretty choppy.

But now I have to set everything up on the new 'puter.

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/23/2022 at 11:08 PM, Doohickie said:

I'm posting from my Christmas present.  My son told my wife what to order and he put it together:  My new computer.  The old one was about 8 years old.  Overdue.  The worst aspect was video playback.  Youtube, streaming, Twitter, it was all getting pretty choppy.

But now I have to set everything up on the new 'puter.

For a second there at the end I thought you were mentioning my big present, a new putter. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I need a verdict on something.  I was at a bar last night for the game and ordered a pretzel bite appetizer.  It came with this giant vat of beer cheese.  Once all the pretzels were gone, there was still at least half of the beer cheese left over.  My friend joked with the waiter that we still had all this beer cheese and nothing to eat it with.  He said he had us covered and would bring more pretzels, which he did.  We didn't really want them, but the second they're brought out to us, hell yeah we're eating them.  At the end of the night after my card had already been swiped, I noticed that he charged me for that second order of pretzel bites.

My friend who made to comment was all apologetic and wanted to pay for them, but I didn't want to go through any hassle at that point, especially since everyone's all rattled from the game.  Without that item, my tip would have been $6-$7, and the appetizer itself was $12.  So I decided not to leave a tip.  The rest of my table all left tips on their orders, so I don't feel like that waiter got stiffed in anyway.  Am I wrong or a dick in this scenario?  I hate not leaving a tip, but the guy clearly pulled a quick one on us.

I do think it's important to note that with the second batch of pretzels, we did not receive any additional beer cheese.  So what we were given was not the $12 appetizer.  It was just the portion that probably costs less than a buck to produce.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I need a verdict on something.  I was at a bar last night for the game and ordered a pretzel bite appetizer.  It came with this giant vat of beer cheese.  Once all the pretzels were gone, there was still at least half of the beer cheese left over.  My friend joked with the waiter that we still had all this beer cheese and nothing to eat it with.  He said he had us covered and would bring more pretzels, which he did.  We didn't really want them, but the second they're brought out to us, hell yeah we're eating them.  At the end of the night after my card had already been swiped, I noticed that he charged me for that second order of pretzel bites.

My friend who made to comment was all apologetic and wanted to pay for them, but I didn't want to go through any hassle at that point, especially since everyone's all rattled from the game.  Without that item, my tip would have been $6-$7, and the appetizer itself was $12.  So I decided not to leave a tip.  The rest of my table all left tips on their orders, so I don't feel like that waiter got stiffed in anyway.  Am I wrong or a dick in this scenario?  I hate not leaving a tip, but the guy clearly pulled a quick one on us.

I do think it's important to note that with the second batch of pretzels, we did not receive any additional beer cheese.  So what we were given was not the $12 appetizer.  It was just the portion that probably costs less than a buck to produce.

Server should have been more clear. I don't like confrontation, but in a serving staff situation, not leaving a tip doesn't send a message on its own. Maybe you're a jerk, maybe you forgot, etc., the server doesn't know so there's no lesson. I'm not sure they're going to replay your interaction trying to figure out why they didn't get a tip when it probably happens a couple times a week/shift.

Edited by MattPie

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Waiter ***** ya. But your friend is absolutely also at fault. You don't joke with the waiter. You order from the waiter. 

And the waiter clearly ***** you over, so you stiffed the waiter. It's a fair play. 

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

Server should have been more clear. I don't like confrontation, but in a serving staff situation, not leaving a tip doesn't send a message on its own. Maybe you're a jerk, maybe you forgot, etc., the server doesn't know so there's no lesson. I'm not sure they're going to replay your interaction trying to figure out why they didn't get a tip when it probably happens a couple times a week/shift.

I left him a note on the receipt saying we never ordered the second one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Abel, Beth, Cathy, and Daniel are at an ice cream parlor with four counter seats, which they occupy.  One of them farted very loudly.  Based upon the following clues, can you tell who smelt it and who dealt it?

1.  Beth was the first person to enter the ice cream parlor.

2.  Daniel did not order the hot fudge sundae.  

3.  The person who ordered the banana split is not the farter.

4.  Abel sat somewhere to the right of Cathy.

5.  The soda jerk refused to make a cherry sundae for the third person to enter the ice cream parlor.

6.  The person who smelt it has a name which begins with a consonant, and did not order a peanut waffle.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

Abel, Beth, Cathy, and Daniel are at an ice cream parlor with four counter seats, which they occupy.  One of them farted very loudly.  Based upon the following clues, can you tell who smelt it and who dealt it?

1.  Beth was the first person to enter the ice cream parlor.

2.  Daniel did not order the hot fudge sundae.  

3.  The person who ordered the banana split is not the farter.

4.  Abel sat somewhere to the right of Cathy.

5.  The soda jerk refused to make a cherry sundae for the third person to enter the ice cream parlor.

6.  The person who smelt it has a name which begins with a consonant, and did not order a peanut waffle.

Q: Who shaves the barber?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got a jury duty summons delivered to my house today.

It wasn’t for me. It was for a James Walters.

Looked him up. Turns out he’s a republican from Tennessee.

He is registered to vote in my town using my address.

He has 8 other current addresses.

Not sure what to next.