The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

10 hours ago, steveoath said:

I teach science to kids from 3 years old to 11. Before each new topic/concept I ask them what they know.  This gem came from my class having their first taste of Chemistry.....

20221213_135518_20221213180841415.jpg

Reminds me of this one from years ago when my wife yelled at one of her students for poking an elf on the shelf with a ruler:

3668B079-4A5E-4A14-95A0-0C519EF2F3FE.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Quint said:

What happened to the thread about Jerry Sullivan? It was removed after he got fired, poor bastard. Did the thread accomplish its goal? Aren't people allowed to state their opinion which can be debated anymore? We always need more (civil) discussion, not less. 

You might want to check out the Politics Club.  It may have been moved there.

6 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

You might want to check out the Politics Club.  It may have been moved there.

14 minutes ago, Quint said:

I forgot. I can't talk about these things here.

It does not appear to have been moved there, nor should it be; it is not political.

9 hours ago, Quint said:

I forgot. I can't talk about these things here.

Some things are okay, but often topics of a delicate nature get moved off the main board.

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

It does not appear to have been moved there, nor should it be; it is not political.

I agree that it's not political, but see my reply to Quint above.  In the past I am pretty sure many topics were moved.

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Some things are okay, but often topics of a delicate nature get moved off the main board.

I agree that it's not political, but see my reply to Quint above.  In the past I am pretty sure many topics were moved.

They were all overtly political IMO.  The plain contentious subject matters (Kane off ice issues, for example) that went off the rails were deleted or locked.

• Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

Thursday is over so I have to say it here. It’s so great when this place becomes unreadable because people continue to feed the trolls. 

completely meaningless thumbs down in 3…2…1…

Not gonna lie.  Thoughts of pulling an X Benedict have crossed my mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

Serious question. I know it's a hoot to see the guy who runs onto the field get hammered. But in the unlikely but plausible event of someone getting killed by a jacked up linebacker, wouldn't that be homicide? What defense would the player have? Fine print on a ticket? Also why isn't the player charged with assault? Thank you. I will listen and hang up.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Serious question. I know it's a hoot to see the guy who runs onto the field get hammered. But in the unlikely but plausible event of someone getting killed by a jacked up linebacker, wouldn't that be homicide? What defense would the player have? Fine print on a ticket? Also why isn't the player charged with assault? Thank you. I will listen and hang up.

I think that is why they usually don't get hammered.  Mostly gently stopped by security.

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It’s going to vary from state to state, I assume. I bet the players are trained pretty hard by the league and the PA to let security handle it as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Self defense? There are some crazy bastages out there.

And my recollection is that they get hammered all the time

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

Self defense? There are some crazy bastages out there.

And my recollection is that they get hammered all the time

The justification is & always has been that they don't know what the crazy bastage running onto the field is capable of doing so they try to subdue him with all due prejudice ASAP.

(That they get a kick out of jacking some random schmuck is just a bonus.  😉)

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The justification is & always has been that they don't know what the crazy bastage running onto the field is capable of doing so they try to subdue him with all due prejudice ASAP.

(That they get a kick out of jacking some random schmuck is just a bonus😉)

I, too, love watching them get rocked. I can’t imagine how sore some of them have to be in the following days.

• Agree 1

On 12/19/2022 at 6:40 PM, Taro T said:

(That they get a kick out of jacking some random schmuck is just a bonus.  😉)

The Atomic Wedgie Jock Privilege defense would not hold up at a manslaughter trial, methinks.

Seriously you'd have to have a lot more than some twisted version of the castle doctrine

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

The Atomic Wedgie Jock Privilege defense would not hold up at a manslaughter trial, methinks.

Seriously you'd have to have a lot more than some twisted version of the castle doctrine

Perhaps.  But would have money on the player having a better lawyer than the DA trying to convict him.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

With all the stupidity going on these days, I bet it would be a very easy defense. 

• Like (+1) 1