The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I got a new phone a few months ago.  I purchased a case on Amazon and none of the buttons on the phone would work once I put the case on.  So I returned it and got another case that I love. 

Today I got an email from the original case purchase company stating they’ll give me $50 to remove my review.  I’m desperate for cash so the offer is enticing but I feel like my review is necessary.  Discuss.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I got a new phone a few months ago.  I purchased a case on Amazon and none of the buttons on the phone would work once I put the case on.  So I returned it and got another case that I love. 

Today I got an email from the original case purchase company stating they’ll give me $50 to remove my review.  I’m desperate for cash so the offer is enticing but I feel like my review is necessary.  Discuss.  

How much for calf pics?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I think you're going to be out one review and never see the $50.

Edited by Eleven

@inkman-- now that is an interesting ethical question.

You are not being asked to leave a positive review, right?  Just to delete the negative review and stay silent?

Assuming it's to delete your negative review and stay silent, and assuming that you can ensure that you get the $50 (which, as @Eleven points out, is pretty uncertain, as a seller that would make that offer is the kind of person who wouldn't honor the deal) -- you are still being asked to help a sleazy seller sell crappy merchandise to an unsuspecting public.  It's only a few clicks, so it's kinda quick and painless, but that is nevertheless what is going on here.

Inevitably, part of the way most people would think about this is the matter of how badly you need the cash.  Could you maybe decline the offer, skip booze for a week or something else that costs $50 and end up financially even and feeling glad to have done the right thing?

14 hours ago, nfreeman said:

@inkman-- now that is an interesting ethical question.

You are not being asked to leave a positive review, right?  Just to delete the negative review and stay silent?

Assuming it's to delete your negative review and stay silent, and assuming that you can ensure that you get the $50 (which, as @Eleven points out, is pretty uncertain, as a seller that would make that offer is the kind of person who wouldn't honor the deal) -- you are still being asked to help a sleazy seller sell crappy merchandise to an unsuspecting public.  It's only a few clicks, so it's kinda quick and painless, but that is nevertheless what is going on here.

Inevitably, part of the way most people would think about this is the matter of how badly you need the cash.  Could you maybe decline the offer, skip booze for a week or something else that costs $50 and end up financially even and feeling glad to have done the right thing?

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

You implying that my man Ink drinks the cheap stuff?

Inkman drinks the stuff from work as it’s a part of my job to taste the products.  Beer on the other hand... 🥴

I don’t need the money that bad. I’m leaving it up despite the fact that 5% of purchasers have my exact complaint.  Dude needs to feel the pain of having a ***** product. It’s weird. I’m pretty sure he isn’t making these carbon graphite (or whatever they are) cases in his basement.  He probably is getting them from overseas.  Just fix the issue doosh nozzle.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, inkman said:

I've thought about this for about 3 minutes and I keep coming back to my original thought.

***** 'em!

On 12/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, inkman said:

All it would take from you is that sultry glance over your shoulder while taking a break from your ‘Meddling Bozo Owner and his Gold Digging Wife’ Manifesto and you can rub these bad boys all night.  

I think I just peed myself 😬

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There was a thread about books we are reading, but I can't find it ...

My wife recently read ... City of Light by Lauren Belfer.

It is all about Bufffalo at the turn of the century and is set in 1901.

She loved it and I am just starting it.

I bought that book 20 years ago and finally read it last year.  It is quite good.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have this old wall covering in my kitchen. Yeah, it's from the 60s probably. Amelia made me put up after I retired to keep me busy for awhile.

Anywhos, I moved my computer to my kitchen table temporarily back in August, because I was convinced the outlet in my office was possessed. The puter is still here.

So I spend many enjoyables minutes (hours) looking at the bizarre patterns in the paneling.

Let's see who's as Cray Cray as PAy PAy.

Do you see what I see?

20201223_112632.jpg

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I have this old wall covering in my kitchen. Yeah, it's from the 60s probably. Amelia made me put up after I retired to keep me busy for awhile.

Anywhos, I moved my computer to my kitchen table temporarily back in August, because I was convinced the outlet in my office was possessed. The puter is still here.

So I spend many enjoyables minutes (hours) looking at the bizarre patterns in the paneling.

Let's see who's as Cray Cray as PAy PAy.

Do you see what I see?

20201223_112632.jpg

I see a lady in her summer frock and shawl, looking down, tending to her stitch work while sitting on a settee.

Edited by SwampD

17 hours ago, Weave said:

I guess not then.  I see a space shuttle, some obscene graffiti and a dude got his tooth punched out, cartoon style.

I probably shouldn’t admit these things publicly.

Saw a few random things along those lines, then looked "big picture" and see the old Indian from the 70's anti-littering commercial looking away back towards a pile of something.  Doesn't have the tear in his eye though, so it's probably not him.