The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 2/22/2020 at 7:30 PM, Crosschecking said:

So, I thought about starting a new thread about something my wife was watching. She loves watching Say Yes To The Dress: America. Then came the gal representing Pennsylvania. Come to find out, she's a Flyers Ice Girl. https://www.phillyinlove.com/flyers-ice-girl-proposal-at-philadelphia-hockey-game/

I'm sorry...

America? I have a hard time picturing any other country having the vanity involved in shows like that. 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

America? I have a hard time picturing any other country having the vanity involved in shows like that. 

That wasn't the point of my post. The fact that the gal was an ice girl for a team we hate was what I was pointing out. Not sure if you caught where I closed my post with, "I'm sorry", as in, "My condolences".

Well, on my way to the hospital for my rotator cuff surgery. I’m not looking forward to the rehab but it’s good to know that I’m heading in the right direction. Hopefully I’ll be back in the gym by June. Sucks to watch your muscle mass atrophy. It’s tough on the mind.

58 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Well, on my way to the hospital for my rotator cuff surgery. I’m not looking forward to the rehab but it’s good to know that I’m heading in the right direction. Hopefully I’ll be back in the gym by June. Sucks to watch your muscle mass atrophy. It’s tough on the mind.

Good luck... thoughts and prayers

So one of our CT Tech was exposed to a positive Corona patient at another hospital... he worked overnite here Saturday... he is on quarantine now but wasnt for 36 hours til test came back.  Everything has been wiped down multiple times since, just not sure how infectious surface stuff he touched is contagious before he and we knew and if any other techs might have been exposed as a result.  My first shift in CT this week.

14 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Good luck... thoughts and prayers

I appreciate the kind words. The nerve block is wearing off and its starting to hurt like a mofo. The surgeon told me the inside of my shoulder looked like a war zone. He is skeptical that I'm going to be able to continue as an Ironworker let alone lift in the gym like I was. I think I will be able to but I've known me way longer than he has.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, North Buffalo said:

So one of our CT Tech was exposed to a positive Corona patient at another hospital... he worked overnite here Saturday... he is on quarantine now but wasnt for 36 hours til test came back.  Everything has been wiped down multiple times since, just not sure how infectious surface stuff he touched is contagious before he and we knew and if any other techs might have been exposed as a result.  My first shift in CT this week.

So now 22 cases of corona virus in lower westchester due to lawyer... not including potential hospital workers potentially exposed

On 3/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, North Buffalo said:

Jeez, North.  Just what you want to hear after what you've been through.  Stay well, my friend.  And thanks for being there if I need help.

• Like (+1) 1

Now hearing our psych hospital has 3 potential cases... woops

46 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Jeez, North.  Just what you want to hear after what you've been through.  Stay well, my friend.  And thanks for being there if I need help.

If this had gone down 3 months ago would have been screwed but luckily my immune system has responded well and even gotten over a common cold this January

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

At age 50-coughcough I discovered the mechanical pencil. It's a beaut. My writing actually looks semi-human now, as opposed to the scrawlings of a highly caffeinated baboon that I produced with an ink pen. Weird. Why the difference?

Not sure why, but I found the same thing.  I attributed to better having lead in my pencil than ink in my dink.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

At age 50-coughcough I discovered the mechanical pencil. It's a beaut. My writing actually looks semi-human now, as opposed to the scrawlings of a highly caffeinated baboon that I produced with an ink pen. Weird. Why the difference?

So you discovered the mechanical pencil 35 years ago?

edit: coughcough

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Working from home on a monday would be so much better if it didn't require getting rear ended at a red light.  But hey, at least I was past the intersection where a tractor trailer set on fire at exactly the same time that I got hit.

My truck got hit just last week. Took a left turn and got hit on the left rear (no pun intended) by a guy running a red light the opposite way. Seemingly on a 3 lane highway there wasn’t enough space for this dude to run the red light and miss me. You had three lanes and you picked my truck to hit almost through the intersection!

and when the cop showed up his first question was “did you have your seatbelt on”. I literally destroyed this small Ram truck and I had to chase him 2 blocks before he pulled over. ?

On 3/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, PASabreFan said:

I believe it’s because a mechanical pencil connects you to a time when craftsmen held tools in their hands ...  with a throw away pen, you're thinking about the drawing.  With a mechanical pencil, you're thinking about the implement ...  who knows.

• Like (+1) 1