The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Staged? Takes a bit of the shine off of it, IMHO.

You are just like some of the commenters.

Of course, the photo was 'staged'.  The photog did not just happen upon 2 dudes playing around on a pond with the iconic Peggys Cove lighthouse as the backdrop on a beautiful day at sunset.

The setting is spectacular in any event and that is the main thing.

19 hours ago, WildCard said:

What lunatic buys AFC/NFC or conference championship gear? If your team wins the championship, then you buy that stuff. If your team loses the championship, at least you don't have a $60 reminder hanging in your closet about how much it sucked

Maybe it's a boomer thing. If you don't have the conference champ T-shirt you boxed set of 2019 $TEAM_NAME T-shirts will be incomplete. Big hole between "[A|N]FC Divisional Round Champion" and "Super Bool Champion".

Note: I didn't intend to sprinkle computer references into this post when I started it, it just happened.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, WildCard said:

What lunatic buys AFC/NFC or conference championship gear? If your team wins the championship, then you buy that stuff. If your team loses the championship, at least you don't have a $60 reminder hanging in your closet about how much it sucked

I was a best man in a wedding on June 19, 1999.  The groomsmen gifts the night before, at the rehearsal dinner, were beer steins emblazoned with "Eastern Conference Champions" stuff.  I still hold the groom partially responsible for what happened the next day.

Just now, Eleven said:

I was a best man in a wedding on June 19, 1999.  The groomsmen gifts the night before, at the rehearsal dinner, were beer steins emblazoned with "Eastern Conference Champions" stuff.  I still hold the groom partially responsible for what happened the next day.

I mean honestly yeah you should. I know I do now

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'd ask. But I already know.

So I have HQ Trivia* on my phone.  Tonight was a special night of Gilmour Girls questions.  I have never seen the show, although I have heard of it.  Barely, but I have heard of it.  I'm betting it was from the 90s or something.

I got the first six right on blind guesses.  (The first one is usually a gimme no matter the category, but still I had to guess.  It had something to do with Melissa McCarthy.)

And then I lost.

*If you like trivia, I highly recommend this.  It's free, and you can win cash.  BIG cash.  So far, I've won $7.43 in four months.  Someday I'm going to cash that in and buy PA an ice cream.

Edited by Eleven

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Why?  Funny?  Dramatic? Swords? Chainsaws?  Also, call me tomorrow.  We need to work on the meet up game.

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

None of those, but it would help you sleep.

My wife watches that garbage all the time.  It is ridiculously bad.  I feel like you'd find better acting ability in a high school auditorium.  And that one dude never takes off his backwards hat.

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

You just need to cut and paste.  Do you have scissors handy?

Reminds me of a discussion I had with an IT colleague the other day. We were talking about old technology and he had a doozy when he was working help desk - a customer was calling to try to understand why his PC wasn't reading the floppy disk once he inserted it. After a couple back and forths, it was discovered that the customer used scissors to transform his old 5" floppy disk to fit into the "newer" 3.5" slot in his PC. I know its the 1990's, but that's not how technology works buddy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Reminds me of a discussion I had with an IT colleague the other day. We were talking about old technology and he had a doozy when he was working help desk - a customer was calling to try to understand why his PC wasn't reading the floppy disk once he inserted it. After a couple back and forths, it was discovered that the customer used scissors to transform his old 5" floppy disk to fit into the "newer" 3.5" slot in his PC. I know its the 1990's, but that's not how technology works buddy.

I'm surprised they didn't just fold the disc over a couple times until it fit.  That's the only way you that it would actually be thick enough (that's what she said).

11 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am ready. Will you talk me through it?

You know that stuff that you usually eat?  It can be used to make one thing stick to another.