The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Sarah Chalke is Becky, and will always be Becky. 

No way, she's Stella. :)

I loved the way they handled that recast on Roseanne and apparently the weird 8th season. I forget the exact sequence her and Roseanne were joking about Dick Sargent / Dick York and "how did they expect us not to notice".

Now, I'm not planning on having any more kids, but if I were to grace this planet with my spawn.... He or she will be getting a 1970's/80's name.

The other day I asked my kid if he has anyone in his class named Dave or Rich.

"Nope" was his reply.

Now, I'm not planning on having any more kids, but if I were to grace this planet with my spawn.... He or she will be getting a 1970's/80's name.

"Nope" was his reply.

Rich was pretty rare even in my time (born mid-70s). A few Ricks, though.

Rich was pretty rare even in my time (born mid-70s). A few Ricks, though.

Really? I grew up with no less than 2 in my class at any given time.

On my block was Eric, Brian, Kevin, Pete(x2), Tom(x2), Steve, Matt, Chris, Nick, Bernie, Fred, Geoff, Mike,Brooks(big orioles fan for a dad) Andy, John, Tim and Tom. OK, so that was 3 blocks, but still, I didn't make up a single name and we had badass pick up football/baseball/hockey games lol. And I forgot Rich and his brother Lee.

"Nope" was his reply.

+1 for a Sure Thing reference. I love that stupid movie. 

I love stuff like this. 

My, the coast of China looks like a tick infested dog leg. 

I also enjoy this: 3d global weather map- you can toggle different views. Wind is pretty neat, though. https://earth.nullschool.net/

I love that site. You've posted it before and I bookmarked it then.

The crazy thing is you can click on most ships a see how far they've traveled, as well as pictures of them.

I love that site. You've posted it before and I bookmarked it then.

The crazy thing is you can click on most ships a see how far they've traveled, as well as pictures of them.

WHUUUUT 

ok there goes my productivity. I live for stuff like this. Thanks!! 

I don't have a picture to corroborate this, but I wanna give a shout-out to the dad of (at least) two young children who was accompanying his ~5 year old daughter and carrying his  ~3 year old son (?) down the stairs (toward a plaza exit) following the Jets game.

The kids were both dressed in homemade, exquisitely vintage, unique, one of a kind sweaters that, as I think I heard the dad tell it, used to belong to HIM at the same age. It's difficult to describe the sweaters - sort of cardigan-ish? Sort of wrap-around affairs -- maybe with some of those big over-sized wooden buttons?

Anyway - the younger of the two kids wore a sweater intended to look like an away uniform (blue field) - looked like it had the number 20-something on the back? I'm not sure. The older kid's sweater was more clearly visible, as she was walking down the stairs (while holding an unwieldy poster board sign) - hers had #18 and Gare's name on it. Priceless heirlooms. I wanted to take a picture, but could not in good conscience detain the dad, who had his hands full.

Has anyone else seen this family at the arena? I think those sweaters may be my favourite Sabre things ever.

And now my warmup doodles have become fat cartoon versions of interesting vessels I find. Thanks. 

f6knbVN.jpg

This cracks me up (mostly because I have a close female friend who would vastly prefer this to chocolates or flowers for Valentine's Day):

http://www.insidehook.com/nation/beef-jerky-rose-bouquets

"Yes dear, give me your meat stick for vday" 

OK, some randomness crept into my head while preparing supper, which is now in the oven and I have 30 minutes.

1.) With global warming, which I do believe is a real problem, why is it one of the coldest January's on record in Halifax?

2.) Is there a difference between turnips and rutabagas?  Yuri, where are you when I need you, you gentleman farmer you.  Mabe Goat Herder can help me out?

3.) Henry Kissinger couldn't do it.  Jimmy Cater couldn't do it.  But I am supposed to believe that this guys son-in-law will be able to do it.  That's rich.

4.) I wonder if the Cowboys regret not starting Romo?

5.) Am I the only one that is thinking of that poor fox and it's horrible death?  And I'm glad that awful circus is closing down.

"Climate Change due to Global Warming" is the correct title. Fun fact: the melting of the Artic ice and the dumping of cold water into the North Atlantic therefrom will cause, in the short to intermediate term, temperatures to plummet in Northern Europe. Famine may well likely result. This will be slightly before we in North Maerica are terminally screwed. So watch for it.