Jump to content
PASabreFan

The even randomer thread

Recommended Posts

I have a person who found me on twitter DMing me about their Sabres fanfiction and their obsession with one player in particular (not one of the main dudes). I'm afraid to look at the cascades of messages flowing in. And they're the sort of person who doesn't mean harm, so blocking would be cruel. 

 

Some parts of the fandom clearly haven't died, boys, have faith! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, josie said:

I have a person who found me on twitter DMing me about their Sabres fanfiction and their obsession with one player in particular (not one of the main dudes). I'm afraid to look at the cascades of messages flowing in. And they're the sort of person who doesn't mean harm, so blocking would be cruel. 

 

Some parts of the fandom clearly haven't died, boys, have faith! 

Do they want illustrations? I'm going Remi Elie here, and I won't be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do they want illustrations? I'm going Remi Elie here, and I won't be wrong.

Jake McCabe.

No, just wants to tell me about it I think. I haven't read the messages. Maybe they want to collab or whatever. 

Blerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia, Canada and New Zealand were all considered 'safe' places.  Not any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Australia, Canada and New Zealand were all considered 'safe' places.  Not any more.

This line of thinking empowers those who commit tradegies rather than those effected by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, #freejame said:

This line of thinking empowers those who commit tradegies rather than those effected by them.

I know, and it has done just that for me.

For the first time that I remember our main Mosque here in Halifax has opened Friday Prayers to the public in an invitation for anyone and everyone to join us in Prayer.

I have decided not to attend Friday Prayers today.  I am afraid that something like what happened in NZ will happen at our Mosque.

The bastards have won.  I have allowed hatred to win.  I am ashamed of that.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 9:45 AM, josie said:

And they're the sort of person who doesn't mean harm, so blocking would be cruel. 

You have such a kind soul.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The bastards have won.  I have allowed hatred to win.  I am ashamed of that.

Our church was vandalized a couple years ago.  I know what you mean, NS.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

You have such a kind soul.

No just anxious a.f. 

P!ssing people off on the internet has only led to awful stuff for me. Bit of stalking, bit of rape/death threats... don't hurt others and they won't hurt you... hopefully. 

8 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Australia, Canada and New Zealand were all considered 'safe' places.  Not any more.

I'm so sorry NS. 

--

I woke up to a text this morning informing me my cousin is heavily active in a white supremacist group. We're doing what we can about it but there's only so much you can do when someone's full of hate, rage, trauma, and encouraged by xenophobia. For those who've read my ramblings before, his father is the uncle I've talked about here (the bootstraps guy). I'm just so done with this world. I'll have answers and understanding and balanced ***** to say later but right now, I'm furious. Just furious. My own ***** flesh and blood.

 

I should log off again. I'm in a vile mood and just might argue with people on said internets. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

You have such a kind soul.

Our church was vandalized a couple years ago.  I know what you mean, NS.

Point 1 ... thank God there are still good people around.

Point 2 ... it's a terrible feeling.  I knew you would get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a noticeable difference taking the Maple Leaf or Empire Service train eastbound rather than westbound.

Eastbound, the service originates in Toronto or Niagara Falls, and the trains are clean when you board.

Westbound, the trains originate in  New York City, and by the time you board in Central New York, the New Yorkers who have disembarked have left bottles, wrappers, newspapers, and other detritus EVERYWHERE.  I realize that they live in a debris-filled nightmare, but must they recreate that effect everywhere they go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There is a noticeable difference taking the Maple Leaf or Empire Service train eastbound rather than westbound.

Eastbound, the service originates in Toronto or Niagara Falls, and the trains are clean when you board.

Westbound, the trains originate in  New York City, and by the time you board in Central New York, the New Yorkers who have disembarked have left bottles, wrappers, newspapers, and other detritus EVERYWHERE.  I realize that they live in a debris-filled nightmare, but must they recreate that effect everywhere they go?

Like the English settlers bringing starlings from home so they can hear familiar bird sounds in their new land, we make everywhere we go like home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's no secret that Rick has loathed Alan Alda for decades. He's spoken of it many times on the air, even during the play by play. So it's no surprise that he acquired all of the MASH Urgent Cares in W and CNY and renamed them something more to his liking. Yes, MASH Urgent Care is now...

5c180f4b8814f.image.jpg?resize=1200,875

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's no secret that Rick has loathed Alan Alda for decades. He's spoken of it many times on the air, even during the play by play. So it's no surprise that he acquired all of the MASH Urgent Cares in W and CNY and renamed them something more to his liking. Yes, MASH Urgent Care is now...

5c180f4b8814f.image.jpg?resize=1200,875

 

Not only that, but they are hiring now too.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The right hand windshield mount on my ‘93 1100 XV classic broke toward the end of riding season last year.

I’ve scouring the internet looking for one since. I couldn’t find one anywhere. I even looked in salvage yards hoping to stumble on one.

For chits n giggles I stopped in the local Yamaha store. The dude at the counter is telling me there’s no way they still make the part. Discontinued years ago. Suddenly he gets a look on his face and says “dude I think I saw one of those in the back in an old dusty box a few years ago...”

He returns with a dusty old box and a set of windshield mounting brackets!!!! Both of them! Sells them to me for half price because...I’m probably the only one who was ever going to come in for them...Counter dude has the memory of an elephant....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, PASabreFan said:

It's no secret that Rick has loathed Alan Alda for decades. He's spoken of it many times on the air, even during the play by play. So it's no surprise that he acquired all of the MASH Urgent Cares in W and CNY and renamed them something more to his liking. Yes, MASH Urgent Care is now...

5c180f4b8814f.image.jpg?resize=1200,875

 

Maybe the Red Cross can resume its MASH bash now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×