The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

15 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’m hoping one of our lawyer friends on here can point me in the direction I need to look on a matter.

How can I find out who wrote a will for my mother? The brother that took her to get it written “can’t remember” the lawyer’s name and “can’t find” her will. He’s been living in her house for free since she passed and left me and another brother with all of the final expenses....

I’m 99.9999% certain that she named me her executor(we had a conversation about it at one point)but not much I can do with  out the will.

Hmm, sounds like a brother that needs to catch a 2 piece upside the head.

8 hours ago, ubkev said:

Hmm, sounds like a brother that needs to catch a 2 piece upside the head.

I’m disappointed more than anything...I’m one of five boys...smack dab in the middle....Out of five only two contributed to Dad’s costs. The same two are doing it again. It’s a big mess and due to unwise decisions these fools are in jeopardy of losing my parents house. It breaks my heart. I was named Dad’s executor and handled it like one should. Mom was so sick and died so soon afterwards that I just couldn’t upset her by asking her those details. I had to rely on the word of other kin. Heartbreaking.

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m disappointed more than anything...I’m one of five boys...smack dab in the middle....Out of five only two contributed to Dad’s costs. The same two are doing it again. It’s a big mess and due to unwise decisions these fools are in jeopardy of losing my parents house. It breaks my heart. I was named Dad’s executor and handled it like one should. Mom was so sick and died so soon afterwards that I just couldn’t upset her by asking her those details. I had to rely on the word of other kin. Heartbreaking.

This is exactly why all siblings need to know what's going on.  I have only one, and she put the "annoy" in "Illinois" (where she lives now), but certainly I update her on what's going on with family planning.

If you are NOT receiving updates from siblings, that's a red flag

Ogre, I'm not sure what I can do for you, but certainly you're welcome to send me a PM with contact info.

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is exactly why all siblings need to know what's going on.  I have only one, and she put the "annoy" in "Illinois" (where she lives now), but certainly I update her on what's going on with family planning.

If you are NOT receiving updates from siblings, that's a red flag

Ogre, I'm not sure what I can do for you, but certainly you're welcome to send me a PM with contact info.

Thanks man. I’ll probably just cut a check and settle with the funeral home...She’s been coming in my dreams... Her worst fears are being realized. I just want to put her soul to rest.

Local curmudgeon, former columnist and current radio host for the retirement homes in the Rochester area admits to drinking 10 bottles of Mt Dew a day. How is this dude upright?  Holy smokes. 

Democrat & Chronicle: Sports talk host Bob Matthews returns to the air https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2019/03/05/bob-matthews-returns-wham-host-his-sports-talk-show-tuesday-night/3066269002/

12 hours ago, Ogre said:

It's amazing the insanity that surfaces around deaths in the family.  I'd rant right now, but it's not worth raising the blood pressure.  Just know that the only way you are unique in all of this is if you're from the family that has no issues whatsoever.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Paging Inky to the random thread.

Come in, Inky.

I guess I'm more curious than anything. I drive to Florida twice a year and see boiled peanuts at every stop from Virginia to Florida, never thought to try them. 

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Nevermind.  Found him.

Woody and I went out west and stayed on this mountain for a week. No worries, I am back and refreshed. A little sore maybe. Looking forward to over 30,000 more posts here — and hundreds and hundreds of likes. I can't quit SabreSpace!

58 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Woody and I went out west and stayed on this mountain for a week. No worries, I am back and refreshed. A little sore maybe. Looking forward to over 30,000 more posts here — and hundreds and hundreds of likes. I can't quit SabreSpace!

Awww, that was our little secret. 

One got poked in the pocchinos... Carry on

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

In recent years they’ve had a big push for diversity in comics. We’ve seen it in the movies too (Wonder Woman, Black Panther, Captain Marvel...). So when do they create a fat speedster?

It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's Kesselman!