The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

20 hours ago, BagBoy said:

I'm convinced they dug up a bunch of Native American burial grounds to build Philly.  Lot a bad mojo there.

1> More like they *caused* a bunch of Indian burial grounds

2> IIRC, the nuns were from LA, just happened to be a Philly news site that was linked.

I have mentioned that I lost my biggest client some months ago and that I had structured my practice to be able to spend as much time as possible with my best friend.

Well my friend passed away recently and several other smaller clients have retired, or closed.

Anyway, at my age ... mid 50s ... I do not feel up to building up my practice completely again.  So, I have been putting the word out and looking at part-time work outside my practice.  I do plan to keep it and add to the client base through referrals.

I just came back from a very good discussion with the folks at the back finance departments at ... RBC.  Yikes.

Pray with me that Allah has mercy.  I believe that He is and will understand that sometimes one has to do what one has to do.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Mercy is a good word... there is always a plan... you do the footwork... the results will follow... just be ready to go with it.

My one issue and I am not overly concerned is that Islam (right in the Qur'an) forbids usery.  The big banks, of which Royal Bank of Canada is one of the biggest, are well renowned in usery.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

You have an hour head start on us EST time zoners, so patience grasshopper.

Also in your phrasing above I read "GDT" not as game discussion but as gawd damn. I chuckled. ?

LOL!! 

Your GDT take works for me.

It is so very tempting for me to unleash the flamboyant me and start the GDT, but my W/L track record has not been stellar of late.

And there were very few logged on when I posted that ... MODO, who I will remind you was on late morning Swedish time, eh ... was one of them.

(insert winkie-winkie thingie here)

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

LOL!! 

Your GDT take works for me.

It is so very tempting for me to unleash the flamboyant me and start the GDT, but my W/L track record has not been stellar of late.

And there were very few logged on when I posted that ... MODO, who I will remind you was on late morning Swedish time, eh ... was one of them.

(insert winkie-winkie thingie here)

I for one am not a superstitious man, so you starting the GDT every game does not worry me at all. But it seems enough of the posters here believe in the bad juju that you have to respect the temporary hiatus.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I for one am not a superstitious man, so you starting the GDT every game does not worry me at all. But it seems enough of the posters here believe in the bad juju that you have to respect the temporary hiatus.

I'm not either and the only that I recall mentioning it was Hoss.

The other thing is that chz unofficially warned me about being so flamboyoant in starting the GDT.  It threw me a bit, as it seemed to be received well by the masses, in general.  It seemed that it helped with the fun aspect.

That said, I took her for her word, as I really do appreciate and respect the work she, nfreeman and SDS do here to make this all work.  I did not want to do anything that would possibly make the board not as good as they want to see it.

• Sad 1

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

I'm not either and the only that I recall mentioning it was Hoss.

The other thing is that chz unofficially warned me about being so flamboyoant in starting the GDT.  It threw me a bit, as it seemed to be received well by the masses, in general.  It seemed that it helped with the fun aspect.

That said, I took her for her word, as I really do appreciate and respect the work she, nfreeman and SDS do here to make this all work.  I did not want to do anything that would possibly make the board not as good as they want to see it.

I think the flamboyant GDT is fine in the first post, but the title itself should be fairly standard so it makes it easier to search and is consistent each game. I know I use SS to let me know when there is a game and game time, and a few of yours I either missed the time (NS time v. EST) or had to interpret who the opponent was in the title.

Just some helpful pointers from a friendly (cyber) face.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I think the flamboyant GDT is fine in the first post, but the title itself should be fairly standard so it makes it easier to search and is consistent each game. I know I use SS to let me know when there is a game and game time, and a few of yours I either missed the time (NS time v. EST) or had to interpret who the opponent was in the title.

Just some helpful pointers from a friendly (cyber) face.

That is basically what chz said and I am trying to stick to that.  The Flyers are 'special' as are the Bruins.  So, I will have to restrain myself for that one.

When I do them and I do expect that I will at some point, but my work schedule has allowed it and that is likely to change soon, I may not be able to in a timely fashion, I will stick to the more standard thread title stuff and make a first post as I see fittest (is that a word?).

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
that last sentence is more like a paragraph ... yup that Bosnian coffee is still working almost 4 hours later ...

On 11/27/2018 at 2:54 PM, sabills said:

Also, YouTube is your friend. No matter how specific a fix you need to do, some old dude with a vaguely southern accent and a beard has a video of how to do the repair.

Totally agree on this.  I was able to fix the icemaker in my freezer this way -- and I'm a little handy around the house but not that handy.

• Like (+1) 2