The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Food in fridge is fine for 3-4 hrs.  The moldy muffin however......  throw them out.

I’ve been wondering about this. My family picked mold from bread/cheese/etc all the time when we were little and no one ever got sick. My mother would make a huge goulash(enough to feed 7 for a few days) and leave it covered on the stove and just heat it back up really well the next night. Same results. Everyone was well.

Just now, Ogre said:

I’ve been wondering about this. My family picked mold from bread/cheese/etc all the time when we were little and no one ever got sick. My mother would make a huge goulash(enough to feed 7 for a few days) and leave it covered on the stove and just heat it back up really well the next night. Same results. Everyone was well.

Mold grows into the bread, not just on the surface.  Think iceberg. Under the right conditions bread mold can produce toxins.  Not likely, but not worth saving $0.05 worth of flour.

14 minutes ago, Weave said:

Food in fridge is fine for 3-4 hrs.  The moldy muffin however......  throw them out.

Yikes.  Too late.  It was the last one.

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Mold grows into the bread, not just on the surface.  Think iceberg. Under the right conditions bread mold can produce toxins.  Not likely, but not worth saving $0.05 worth of flour.

Double yikes.  

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Your mother sounds like mine.  I, like yourself, aren't dead yet.

Just kind of cool- there's a mother/daughter duo who take aerial at my studio. The mom is in her 50s I'd guess. They come to class and open practice every week and are improving quite a lot... but the neat thing is the mom sat down with me last night and was telling me how she physically feels the best she has since she was 15 or so. She has a black belt in tae kwon do and has never been an inactive person, but I guess the different strength building in aerial has really sorted out some back problems for her. 

I work so much that aerial is really no longer an escape for me- it's kind of become a burden (we're low on instructors and I'm filling in most of the gaps and it's exhausting). But little things like hearing that help. 

I'm starting to figure out more hard stuff on the ropes- it's tough not having a partner/instructor to figure stuff out with. But I'm managing. 

47056854_2331345210427256_289375672130863104_n.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

Today would have been my maternal grandfather Kester’s 102nd birthday. He was an amazing man. He lived within walking distance and was a daily part of our lives. In reminiscing with my brothers I recalled a story about Grandpa and me.  

I went to work with him in the woods cutting for the pulp mill when I was 12. He fell and limbed the trees and I skid and cut them into 4’ logs. He had wrecked a truck the season before while lighting his pipe so when he wanted a smoke he would hand his pipe and matches (the strike anywhere type of course) and have me get it rolling for him. My mom found out and he got into trouble. His fix? 

I drove. He smoked.?

God Bless you man. 

Kester Rupert Wood

• Like (+1) 8

Anyone have any experience selling things on Craigslist? I'm trying to sell my Pontiac G6 and figure that is the best bet to get an ad out there, but I am kind of terrified of meeting strangers and getting scammed/ending up in a ditch. So far I have had a bunch of scammers contact me and not many legit locals, and I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong or it just takes a long time.

Figure this community might have some pointers to help out.

5 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Anyone have any experience selling things on Craigslist? I'm trying to sell my Pontiac G6 and figure that is the best bet to get an ad out there, but I am kind of terrified of meeting strangers and getting scammed/ending up in a ditch. So far I have had a bunch of scammers contact me and not many legit locals, and I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong or it just takes a long time.

I would use Facebook instead. At least on there you have to be a user of some sort. The last two times I listed cars on Craigslist it was a nightmare and I wouldn't do it again.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would use Facebook instead. At least on there you have to be a user of some sort. The last two times I listed cars on Craigslist it was a nightmare and I wouldn't do it again.

Thanks. A few friends mentioned that as well so I put the ad on Facebook this morning. Hopefully that goes better than the California area code numbers texting me saying "I want your car... can you send me a report on its status by clicking this link stealyourinfo.org?"

Yeah no.

Also I'll save this for Thursday complaints, but don't bother going to a used car dealership to get an "instant cash offer". What a waste of time. ?

Edited by Samson's Flow
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I don't know if the guy that just messaged me is a scammer or not, but he wanted me to accept a year long payment plan. I'm not a bank dude.

People always want to do that. No one ever just wants to give you money. I once helped a friend buy a car and she asked me to ask the seller if she could make payments and I flipped out because the car was already a great deal at $1200. Either you have the money or you don't. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I have sold two vehicles on Craigslist and had no issues, perhaps i was just lucky. When the people wanted meet to check out the car, I took a friend one meeting and my dad on the other meeting. I met them both outside of Target (they have surveillance camera's watching the parking lot) i just parked real close and in view of the camera. both times the people were super nice and paid in full without any issue. i guess it's just timing, hoping the right buyer sees your ad and wants your car. 

i made sure to have as many pictures online and that seemed to help. good luck.

Recommendation for large private purchases: make the deal at the buyer's bank (if they have one). Plenty of surveillance, well-lit, and the buyer doesn't need to bring cash. Once the deal is agreed on, the buyer (and seller) can walk inside and withdraw cash or certified check and hand it to the seller. Low-risk for on both parties. I've heard the some Police have "online buying areas" at stations where you can meet to exchange. The Police aren't involved, but you're next to a station if things go pear-shaped.

Have a job interview in Philadelphia I'm very on the fence about. The opportunity sounds very promising; a ton of travel, new city, and much more opportunity. However, it is not exactly in the technical area I am in currently, I am familiar with, and quite honestly sounds less challenging. The trade offs of course being growth and experience. Also, it is a lateral move salary wise to a much more expensive city

Any and all advice is welcome. Seriously, call me a dumbass if I'm being one ?

Edited by WildCard