The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

OK, some randomness crept into my head while preparing supper, which is now in the oven and I have 30 minutes.

1.) With global warming, which I do believe is a real problem, why is it one of the coldest January's on record in Halifax?

2.) Is there a difference between turnips and rutabagas?  Yuri, where are you when I need you, you gentleman farmer you.  Mabe Goat Herder can help me out?

3.) Henry Kissinger couldn't do it.  Jimmy Cater couldn't do it.  But I am supposed to believe that this guys son-in-law will be able to do it.  That's rich.

4.) I wonder if the Cowboys regret not starting Romo?

5.) Am I the only one that is thinking of that poor fox and it's horrible death?  And I'm glad that awful circus is closing down.

2: rutabega is part turnip, part cabbage, all vegetable, ladies.

3: No, you're supposed to not notice that cronies and family are replacing knowledgeable people. Don't worry, Canada is part of America so you're along for the ride. Like Austria.

4: I didn't follow the game, but I doubt it. I'm sure the wonks over at bigbluestar.com/rootin-fan-club are screaming about it though.

5: Fox?

If you pay for a portrait on Fiverr for a whopping total of five dollars, it should not be a surprise when you get five dollars worth of effort.

And then I wonder why I get bartered to bring my own (really cheap, considering) prices down... Sites like that are a good idea for some things, but my GOD do they cheapen an already painfully cheap market for freelance professionals. 

2: rutabega is part turnip, part cabbage, all vegetable, ladies.

3: No, you're supposed to not notice that cronies and family are replacing knowledgeable people. Don't worry, Canada is part of America so you're along for the ride. Like Austria.

4: I didn't follow the game, but I doubt it. I'm sure the wonks over at bigbluestar.com/rootin-fan-club are screaming about it though.

5: Fox?

Thanks.

Not Fox ... fox. 'You know. Red coat. Pointy nose. Steals chickens.'

Shout out to PA.

After much time and effort, for the 3rd time in my life I will be playing Chardee Macdennis on Friday

So far I'm 2-0 in the game. Though we ramped it up a ton this time around. If anyone's interested I can tell you some of the cards we made.

And yes, we have a dog kennel and cake ingredients

Edited by WildCard

Woke up in the middle of the night to hear a strange clicking noise coming from my nightstand. It almost sounding like an electric current pop-pop-popping.

First thought- it was the wiring on my pretty old lamp. So I unplugged the lamp completely, but the noise continued. Next I moved onto the power strip that plugs in right behind my nightstand. Maybe it was that? Unplugged that bad boy, and nothing. So I look back at the nightstand. What the hell could it be? Air escaping from the bottle of lotion? Nope.

I'm truly stumped, so I just start picking everything up when I realize it's coming from the little remote that controls my fan. Take off the battery cover, and one of the AAAs is popping. Now keep in mind it's the middle of the night, I'm hopping around on one foot because I'm still NWB after my surgery, and I'm trying to not wake the fiancée. So my instinct was to pop that battery out immediately, upon which I found my hand covered in battery acid.

Somehow it has gotten corroded and began leaking, and also letting out air. I'm thinking the noise was air bubbles releasing as the reaction still went on within the battery. It was relatively new, so still lots of juice left. Interesting 10 minutes of my night.

That does not mean there is not the separation.

I wan't an Imam on stage too.

How does that not mean that? There should be nothing religious involved in this event.

People can play CharDee MacDennis? I feel like I'm just starting to learn how much of a wildcard you actually are.

It takes a ton of effort to make it, but it's so fun to play. I've eaten the card twice, and peirced a nipple with a tack. Ironically, unlikely Charlie, I do not lose the Game of Games :beer:

How does that not mean that? There should be nothing religious involved in this event.

Like it, or not, the United States is still considered a Christian country.

But, the church has no real say in the running of the institutions of government. There is that very important separation. That is one very important thing that the founders of your country got right.

Like it, or not, the United States is still considered a Christian country.

But, the church has no real say in the running of the institutions of government. There is that very important separation. That is one very important thing that the founders of your country got right.

For now. :(