The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I found mouse droppings and some wet spots in my drink holder in my car. I found the nest under the spare tire. It was pretty impressive. The shredded napkins came from the glove compartment. Plus sticks... lint... leaves... sunflower seed shells... and, get this, a tire tread gauge that has been missing for awhile and definitely was not left in the hatchback. More incredibly, a tiny love seat, a mini George Foreman grill and instructions on poisoning humans. Am I dealing with MISIS here?

Seriously, as much as I hate to harm little creatures, I know mice can do damage in a car, chewing through wires and stuff. I wiped out the nest, which I felt bad about. It's so cold and this critter spent so much time fixing up the place. What's next? A trap? Are there humane ways of trapping them, so I can release it into the wild so it can freeze to death?

We had a mice issue last week at a family member's house in upstate NYS.  There have always been a few spots where they appear, but this time, since the house was vacant for a few weeks, they made a move.  There were mice poops in all of the beds plus various other spots.

We bought 48 old-school snap-and-kill mousetraps, set them up in about a dozen locations in the garage and attic and interior closets and bathroom cabinets -- and took out about 28 corpses over a 1-week period.  At this point, we're still getting one every couple of days in the garage, but zero inside the house.

Those little CSs have taken major body blows, but I doubt they're learning any lessons.

I don't feel like waiting for the complaint thread. My father's cousin and best friend died today. Cancer, because of course it was; served in Vietnam, so real good chance agent orange him hard. My father doesn't make friends easily and suffers from severe, oftentimes crippling, depression...so yea, not a great New Year's Eve Eve. cancer, man.

I don't feel like waiting for the complaint thread. My father's cousin and best friend died today. Cancer, because of course it was; served in Vietnam, so real good chance agent orange ###### him hard. My father doesn't make friends easily and suffers from severe, oftentimes crippling, depression...so yea, not a great New Year's Eve Eve. ###### cancer, man.

Really sorry, man.  My Dad was over there too, and he has also gotten cancer because of that evil f*cking garbage (probably), so I feel you.  Thankfully my Dad was treated and is now cancer-free, but I know many others were not so fortunate.  I'm sorry. cancer indeed. 

Spent New Year's in Canada. Good, right? Well, it was, until I got separated and lost in a foreign country on the biggest night of the year. I miraculously found the border after asking for directions from a lot of people, but then could not find my hotel. I ended up in a really sketchy place, alone, with hundreds of dollars in cash on me, and homeless people yelling at me from under a bridge. Ran through some woods, figured out Google maps, and eventually found the hotel and my friends

Not gonna lie, it went from fun to terrifying back to relieved and fun again real quick. In total I walked about 6-7 miles alone in two countries at 3am. 0/10 would not recommend

Edited by WildCard

Spent New Year's in Canada. Good, right? Well, it was, until I got separated and lost in a foreign country on the biggest night of the year. I miraculously found the border after asking for directions from a lot of people, but then could not find my hotel. I ended up in a really sketchy place, alone, with hundreds of dollars in cash on me, and homeless people yelling at me from under a bridge. Ran through some woods, figured out Google maps, and eventually found the hotel and my friends

Not gonna lie, it went from fun to terrifying back to relieved and fun again real quick. In total I walked about 6-7 miles alone in two countries at 3am. 0/10 would not recommend

This is an amazing story. I'm glad you're okay, because if something bad happened I'd feel pretty crappy about laughing so hard picturing you running through the woods chased by homeless people.

Honest question: why in the world wouldn't you turn to Google maps sooner?

This is an amazing story. I'm glad you're okay, because if something bad happened I'd feel pretty crappy about laughing so hard picturing you running through the woods chased by homeless people.

Honest question: why in the world wouldn't you turn to Google maps sooner?

Didn't know how to get the Canadian Google. :unsure: Google-A, right? ;)

Well played :lol:

@True

I didn't until I got to the border because of international data hits. I honestly don't know of those are a thing though :Lol:

Then when I got over the hotel is literally immediately to the left across the bridge. It was staying at the Days Inn in Niagara in case anyone is curious. So, naturally, I took a right. Went a few miles in that direction, and it only dawned on me how lost I was when I met the homeless people

My buddy did pay $100 to watch his wife make out with our buddies girlfriend thought, so that was nice.

Edited by WildCard

@True

I didn't until I got to the border because of international data hits. I honestly don't know of those are a thing though :lol:

Then when I got over the hotel is literally immediately to the left across the bridge. It was staying at the Days Inn in Niagara in case anyone is curious. So, naturally, I took a right. Went a few miles in that direction, and it only dawned on me how lost I was when I met the homeless people

My buddy did pay $100 to watch his wife make out with our buddies girlfriend thought, so that was nice.

Whoa.

@True

I didn't until I got to the border because of international data hits. I honestly don't know of those are a thing though :Lol:

The data hit would have been $10 on Verizon, and I think nothing on AT&T or Tmobile. You graduated and have a good job, stop being absurdly cheap! :p

Whoa.

Well, we know what Freeman is gonna be dreaming about tonight.

@True

I didn't until I got to the border because of international data hits. I honestly don't know of those are a thing though :lol:

Ok. Curious.

Did your buddy pay the $100 to his wife, his buddy, his buddies girlfriend, or did they split it?

This story makes me feel my age.

Along the same lines: It's 2016 (2017!), so what's the point of a husband "giving" his wife $50? It was already her money anyway.

I was going to say this but I realize I'm still technically in that age range... haven't been around shenanigans like that in 6 years or so! 

Was at a friend's house last night, and as I left around 11 to go home and sleep, a bunch of their other friends were rolling in for a night of drinking/smoking up/tomfoolery. They're only 3 years younger than me. Was driving home thinking "god, I feel old..." 

Guess I'm just a huge buzzkill. 

This is brilliant. I'm now going enunciate Canadian domains (such as Google.ca) as "Google see, eh?".

In my day, women just did that for fun.

This is brilliant. I'm now going enunciate Canadian domains (such as Google.ca) as "Google see, eh?".

In my day, women just did that for fun.

Well they have before, but he was hammered and once he let the offer slip there was no getting it back in the box

I was going to say this but I realize I'm still technically in that age range... haven't been around shenanigans like that in 6 years or so! 

Was at a friend's house last night, and as I left around 11 to go home and sleep, a bunch of their other friends were rolling in for a night of drinking/smoking up/tomfoolery. They're only 3 years younger than me. Was driving home thinking "god, I feel old..." 

Guess I'm just a huge buzzkill. 

Maybe it's not my age, really. Perhaps it is more my sensibilities.

I'm no prude (wait - maybe I am?), but the idea of hooting and hollering because my wife is making out with a friend's girlfriend/wife is ... well. Not my idea of fun.

Maybe it's not my age, really. Perhaps it is more my sensibilities.

I'm no prude (wait - maybe I am?), but the idea of hooting and hollering because my wife is making out with a friend's girlfriend/wife is ... well. Not my idea of fun.

You're clearly just afraid of chasing her to lesbianism like George Costanza :p