The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

My dad when we were younger built an epic tree house for us on the old willow tree in the backyard (think full sized shed/house suspended 10' up). In the winter time, instead of building a nest out of sticks, the squirrels just used the tree house as their winter home. Attempting to alleviate this issue for subsequent winters, my dad built a "squirrel hotel" out of wood and installed it further up (20-25ft) in the same willow tree. The squirrels seem satisfied enough and left the tree house to humans.

Long story short, I always got a chuckle out of my friends asking what that little house was way up at the top of the tree was, to which I would always reply "squirrel hotel" :lol:

:w00t:

My dad when we were younger built an epic tree house for us on the old willow tree in the backyard (think full sized shed/house suspended 10' up). In the winter time, instead of building a nest out of sticks, the squirrels just used the tree house as their winter home. Attempting to alleviate this issue for subsequent winters, my dad built a "squirrel hotel" out of wood and installed it further up (20-25ft) in the same willow tree. The squirrels seem satisfied enough and left the tree house to humans.

Long story short, I always got a chuckle out of my friends asking what that little house was way up at the top of the tree was, to which I would always reply "squirrel hotel" :lol:

:thumbsup:

Had a squirrel ( the black urban variety ) move into the birdhouse in the cherry tree. He had to chew the entrance bigger to fit his butt in there but him and the missus were really movin in with all the furnishings and methinks they were setting up a nursery what with the bits of rags and insulation and what not we've seen them taking in there. Today when I got home the wife said a bird had moved in and was throwing all the stuff the nice squirrel family had moved in out on the lawn. The poor Mr Squirrel ( I can tell by the balls ) sat there all emasculated as that bird squawked and threw most of his belongings out. The wife added a squirrel house to the honey-do list on the fridge. I'm actually looking forward to this one. Should be fun.

I got lost toward the end. The squirrels have a fridge?

More mice drops and wet spots in the car today, mostly above the dashboard. Looking for a way to get out?

I was going to use a live trap I got for moles and release it somewhere nice, but one of the pieces is missing, so no go. I just placed four snap traps in the car, baited with peanut butter and topped with a piece of cat food. (I couldn't go for the glue trap; too cruel.)

I feel bad, but I'm an innocent animal too. I can't have the mouse filth in the car, not to mention the possibility of it doing expensive damage to wiring. Sorry, bud. I hope it's quick and painless.

Tonight let the mouse nightmares begin. I'm tied up in the passenger seat and the mouse is driving. We're heading for a cliff and of course its little mice foot can't reach the brake. And d4rk is laughing hysterically in the back seat. I deserve it.

Edited by PASabreFan

More mice drops and wet spots in the car today, mostly above the dashboard. Looking for a way to get out?

I was going to use a live trap I got for moles and release it somewhere nice, but one of the pieces is missing, so no go. I just placed four snap traps in the car, baited with peanut butter and topped with a piece of cat food. (I couldn't go for the glue trap; too cruel.)

I feel bad, but I'm an innocent animal too. I can't have the mouse filth in the car, not to mention the possibility of it doing expensive damage to wiring. Sorry, bud. I hope it's quick and painless.

Tonight let the mouse nightmares begin. I'm tied up in the passenger seat and the mouse is driving. We're heading for a cliff and of course its little mice foot can't reach the brake. And d4rk is laughing hysterically in the back seat. I deserve it.

Aw hell, if your gonna have nightmares about the filthy little beasts you might as well terrorize them too.  Set up a bucket trap in the trunk and prepare to be amazed at how many mice are actually in your car.

Google is your friend here.

Mice don't grow out of pebbles. You probably have more than one in there.

Why me? There's no food or water in the car. I still wonder if it got in there accidentally. I did have my hockey bag at a rink. Pretty sure I zipped it back up before putting it in the car. It's just weird. Mice are supposed to like cozy spots in houses where all their needs are met.

I got lost toward the end. The squirrels have a fridge?

lol. You know thats not a bad idea. I think I'll put a beer fridge in their new digs. No, my wife keeps a list of chores on our fridge for me that she calls the honey-do list. I thought all you fellas had the same list on your fridges. :blink:   

lol. You know thats not a bad idea. I think I'll put a beer fridge in their new digs. No, my wife keeps a list of chores on our fridge for me that she calls the honey-do list. I thought all you fellas had the same list on your fridges. :blink:   

Nope.  Only WE decide what chores we're going to do.  No WOMAN tells a MAN what to do!

Right, honey?

So I gets up this morning real early to go out and check the mouse traps in the car. No dice. No mice. Disappointed but somehow relieved, I kick at the fresh snow on the way back to the house.

#fml

I like mice.  

They are crafty, you know that, eh?

Looks like they outsmarted you ...  ;)

I forgot to say so, but EicheSnipes picture coming out of the doctors mimicking Jack was awesome. Well done :beer:

Haha, thank you! That got locked away in the old Random thread, didn't it? Oh well, I had some fun taking it. As my "photographer" was starting to get irritated with my multiple takes, I assured her that you guys online would appreciate it and it would all be worth it.

Haha, thank you! That got locked away in the old Random thread, didn't it? Oh well, I had some fun taking it. As my "photographer" was starting to get irritated with my multiple takes, I assured her that you guys online would appreciate it and it would all be worth it.

You should post it here.

(Oops. Wrong thread. I thought I was in the Scrapbook thread.)

Edited by PASabreFan

I like mice.  

They are crafty, you know that, eh?

Looks like they outsmarted you ...  ;)

Not sure. No apparent rodent activity since I set the traps. Maybe he/she/they got the message that they shouldn't stick around waiting for the hammer to fall. (You're welcome for the ear worm.)

Not sure. No apparent rodent activity since I set the traps. Maybe he/she/they got the message that they shouldn't stick around waiting for the hammer to fall. (You're welcome for the ear worm.)

I'm on mobile right now, so just picture Freddie at his best at Live Aid ...

Good now ...

'hey, hey, hey ... Hammer to Fall' ...