The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

That must have been that WildCard guy, maybe PA ...

:flirt:

Like my Grandpa used to say "any port in a f'n storm". Well that and "well, kid, I'm gonna go upstairs now and f your Grandma". He was a man of few words and he's wasn't gonna bs a 4 year old after all.

Edited by Drunkard

Happy Boxing Day!

?

No idea what it is. Just know it's British /Canadian. And apparently there are sales like black Friday and lots of soccer.

I'm pretty sure it means cleaning up all the boxes and wrapping paper, etc that comes from unwrapping gifts. Seems like the perfect excuse for an extra day off work to me. I think it also celebrates giving a gift box to service indusry type people like servants, door men, post office types, etc. Edited by Drunkard

Actually, we celebrate by stepping into the ring with the neighbour or coworker who pissed us off the most during the year. Wipe out the animosity and start the year with a clean slate.

It's the real reason why Canadians are so easy going.

Edited by dudacek

Actually, we celebrate by stepping into the ring with the neighbour or coworker who pissed us off the most during the year. Wipe out the animosity and start the year with a clean slate.

It's the real reason why Canadians are so easy going.

Late entry for post of the year, eh!

Very nice and 100% accurate, as well.  So, it's also an educational post for our friends south of the border.

TIL Festivus is a real holiday and has been celebrated since the mid 1960s. It was invented by a writer on the shows father

A belated Festivus miracle!

How hilarious would it be if the predominant religion practiced by humans in 5,000 years was Festivianity, and Cosmo was their messiah. Stranger things have happened. Wrong thread?

A belated Festivus miracle!

How hilarious would it be if the predominant religion practiced by humans in 5,000 years was Festivianity, and Cosmo was their messiah. Stranger things have happened. Wrong thread?

Existing organized religion is losing participation at a pretty rapid pace in recent history. We are certainly trending towards a different world going forward.

I found mouse droppings and some wet spots in my drink holder in my car. I found the nest under the spare tire. It was pretty impressive. The shredded napkins came from the glove compartment. Plus sticks... lint... leaves... sunflower seed shells... and, get this, a tire tread gauge that has been missing for awhile and definitely was not left in the hatchback. More incredibly, a tiny love seat, a mini George Foreman grill and instructions on poisoning humans. Am I dealing with MISIS here?

Seriously, as much as I hate to harm little creatures, I know mice can do damage in a car, chewing through wires and stuff. I wiped out the nest, which I felt bad about. It's so cold and this critter spent so much time fixing up the place. What's next? A trap? Are there humane ways of trapping them, so I can release it into the wild so it can freeze to death?

Edited by PASabreFan

I found mouse droppings and some wet spots in my drink holder in my car. I found the nest under the spare tire. It was pretty impressive. The shredded napkins came from the glove compartment. Plus sticks... lint... leaves... sunflower seed shells... and, get this, a tire tread gauge that has been missing for awhile and definitely was not left in the hatchback. More incredibly, a tiny love seat, a mini George Foreman grill and instructions on poisoning humans. Am I dealing with MISIS here?

Seriously, as much as I hate to harm little creatures, I know mice can do damage in a car, chewing through wires and stuff. I wiped out the nest, which I felt bad about. It's so cold and this critter spent so much time fixing up the place. What's next? A trap? Are there humane ways of trapping them, so I can release it into the wild so it can freeze to death?

Um...how are the mice getting into your car...

No idea. I googled it and it's a thing. Through the engine? There's a devilish boy in my neighborhood and I suspect he's done little pranks to me before. Harmless stuff. I wonder if he put it in there.

"Through the engine" isn't even a thing. The only way anything gets into your car should be through the AC system ducting, unless you've got some big rust holes in your bodywork.

"Through the engine" isn't even a thing. The only way anything gets into your car should be through the AC system ducting, unless you've got some big rust holes in your bodywork.

No big rust holes that I know of. It definitely was in the glove box, because the napkins in there are chewed at. Assuming it didn't open the box, it must have come in through the cabin air filter area.

No big rust holes that I know of. It definitely was in the glove box, because the napkins in there are chewed at. Assuming it didn't open the box, it must have come in through the cabin air filter area.

You better get that looked at. You don't want to be breathing mouse filth. Is there maybe a duct for air to flow into your door when it's closed in order to facilitate a door panel defogger vent? I could see something sneaking in through that if the seal isn't tight.

Had a squirrel ( the black urban variety ) move into the birdhouse in the cherry tree. He had to chew the entrance bigger to fit his butt in there but him and the missus were really movin in with all the furnishings and methinks they were setting up a nursery what with the bits of rags and insulation and what not we've seen them taking in there. Today when I got home the wife said a bird had moved in and was throwing all the stuff the nice squirrel family had moved in out on the lawn. The poor Mr Squirrel ( I can tell by the balls ) sat there all emasculated as that bird squawked and threw most of his belongings out. The wife added a squirrel house to the honey-do list on the fridge. I'm actually looking forward to this one. Should be fun.

Had a squirrel ( the black urban variety ) move into the birdhouse in the cherry tree. He had to chew the entrance bigger to fit his butt in there but him and the missus were really movin in with all the furnishings and methinks they were setting up a nursery what with the bits of rags and insulation and what not we've seen them taking in there. Today when I got home the wife said a bird had moved in and was throwing all the stuff the nice squirrel family had moved in out on the lawn. The poor Mr Squirrel ( I can tell by the balls ) sat there all emasculated as that bird squawked and threw most of his belongings out. The wife added a squirrel house to the honey-do list on the fridge. I'm actually looking forward to this one. Should be fun.

My dad when we were younger built an epic tree house for us on the old willow tree in the backyard (think full sized shed/house suspended 10' up). In the winter time, instead of building a nest out of sticks, the squirrels just used the tree house as their winter home. Attempting to alleviate this issue for subsequent winters, my dad built a "squirrel hotel" out of wood and installed it further up (20-25ft) in the same willow tree. The squirrels seem satisfied enough and left the tree house to humans.

Long story short, I always got a chuckle out of my friends asking what that little house was way up at the top of the tree was, to which I would always reply "squirrel hotel" :lol: