The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

23 hours ago, Night Train said:

So here in WNY, a police offier was dragged 60 ft after pulling over a Kia that was stolen. He has a fractured skull and is pretty messed up. 19 year old arrested. Instagram comment " Good, he got a cop " . GRRRR...

This young man that was hurt is a 3 tour Marine who saw the worst of battle. He put in a new bathroom for me after he left the Marines. His Mom is my wifes best friend. 

I hope the kid they arrested is proud of himself. I'd personally like to shoot him. 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/town-of-tonawanda-officer-dragged-by-stolen-car

So I found out the arrested idiot had 2 prior grand theft autos, pointing a gun at people, stolen credit card purchases, assault...all in the last 2 years. Bail reform and letting them back out immediately is working so well !   Go NYS !   

On 5/31/2023 at 2:11 PM, Night Train said:

So here in WNY, a police offier was dragged 60 ft after pulling over a Kia that was stolen. He has a fractured skull and is pretty messed up. 19 year old arrested. Instagram comment " Good, he got a cop " . GRRRR...

This young man that was hurt is a 3 tour Marine who saw the worst of battle. He put in a new bathroom for me after he left the Marines. His Mom is my wifes best friend. 

I hope the kid they arrested is proud of himself. I'd personally like to shoot him. 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/town-of-tonawanda-officer-dragged-by-stolen-car

Dareious Akbar, eh? Sounds like a model citizen.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:16 AM, Doohickie said:

Either have Covid or I'm expecting. Huzzah.

image.png.79fc06caab05482fefdcb095b27cec9c.png

23 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This is my second or third time (I forget) but I never lost sense of taste/smell.

This bout is basically like a head cold or flu so far.  Quit early yesterday, called in sick today.  (I'm work from home so I haven't been spreading germs at the office.)

So no gender reveal party?

This type of thing is happening much to often in the US.   Buffalo's violent crime is not yet at the level of Detroit, Philly, Baltimore, St Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, Washington, Minneapolis, LA, SF, but it is still a big problem here. 

In many places it is clear they are electing the wrong people, enacting policies that embolden criminals, and as a society we tend watch it on TV and look the other way even though it can effect everyone.  It got so bad in St Louis that the state legislature moved to replace that cities DA.  She simply would not enforce crimes which led to massive violent crime spikes and so many police retirements (after defunding) that they can barely function. 

20 hours ago, Night Train said:

So I found out the arrested idiot had 2 prior grand theft autos, pointing a gun at people, stolen credit card purchases, assault...all in the last 2 years. Bail reform and letting them back out immediately is working so well !   Go NYS !   

On 5/31/2023 at 12:42 PM, French Collection said:

FYI folks, I sent a message a few days ago to @Sabres Fan in NShoping all was OK. No answer yet.
They have some massive wildfires raging around Halifax. Thousands have been evacuated and a few dozen homes lost.

All good here.  Others not so fortunate.  Friends evacuated and homes are okay.  Other friends lost their homes.  Often right beside each other.  Very strange.

The smoke was very bad.  Bryan was right ..

We are about 20KMs away from the Tantallon fire, with nothing but a 4 lane highway and the Peggys Cove lighthouse and tinder dry woods separating us and that fire.

Today's rain and more in the forcast helped a lot.

Thanks for reaching out.  Sent you a reply just now.

NS reporting for duty .. what I miss ??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

No sign of our mocker or his tantrum laced threads from last night.  I don't think that's a bad thing atoll.

Somehow I'm not sorry to have missed it.  I think five or ten years ago I would have wanted to know what happened.

I wonder when it ends... The woke agenda or whatever it's called. I'm just waiting for the day when the bike races at the isle of Mann are now at the isle of They/Them...  

You're a single ***** person, you're not a they/them. Unless your BMI is over 50, then you may actually qualify. 

Every day my Google is flooded with men winning women's events and yaddi yada. I don't even have social media and I still know too much. 

48 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You're a single ***** person, you're not a they/them.

Language changes and evolves

Before they all merged into the catch-all form you, English second person pronouns distinguished between nominative and objective, as well as between singular and plural (or formal):

thou - singular informal, subject (Thou art here. = You are here.)
thee - singular informal, object (He gave it to thee.)
ye - plural or formal, subject
you - plural or formal, object

Thee and thou were strictly singular and informal.  Ye and you were either plural, or "formal"... in the same vein as "the royal we".  You would only use "you" to refer to multiple people (plural) or to your superiors to indicate a formal sense.  People adopted using "you" for informal singular as a snub to the nobility.  At first it sounded just as awkward to say "ye/you" instead of "thou/thee" as it does to say "they/them" for "he/him" or "she/her" today.  But there was change for a reason and "you" caught on; there was a functionality to the change.

There is also a functionality to the singular "they/them" and frankly I'm surprised it took gender spectrum to bubble it up to the top.  There are many, many times when, and reasons why, you don't know the gender of another person.  So why is it so important to assign one?

I used to be more resistant to this change, and I still feel awkward using they/them in the singular sense, but really it's just a question of semantics anyway and why do you really need to know another person's gender preference to interact with them?

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

Language changes and evolves

Thee and thou were strictly singular and informal.  Ye and you were either plural, or "formal"... in the same vein as "the royal we".  You would only use "you" to refer to multiple people (plural) or to your superiors to indicate a formal sense.  People adopted using "you" for informal singular as a snub to the nobility.  At first it sounded just as awkward to say "ye/you" instead of "thou/thee" as it does to say "they/them" for "he/him" or "she/her" today.  But there was change for a reason and "you" caught on; there was a functionality to the change.

There is also a functionality to the singular "they/them" and frankly I'm surprised it took gender spectrum to bubble it up to the top.  There are many, many times when, and reasons why, you don't know the gender of another person.  So why is it so important to assign one?

I used to be more resistant to this change, and I still feel awkward using they/them in the singular sense, but really it's just a question of semantics anyway and why do you really need to know another person's gender preference to interact with them?

While I admit there are a few out there that may really believe they were born in the wrong body. Most are now on the train of this because it's everywhere you look. You have countless pre-teens saying they are a opposite gender when they should be playing with worms and have zero clue what this even means at that age. The hubris of the world and it's ever touching corner of social media doesn't allow most to live their life without posting every tidbit of their day, and also beliefs. 

What this has done has actually minimized what actual "transgender" persons are going through. We won't agree on this, and that's OK, but I am still quite resistant on this. Bud light is learning the hard way by having a 20 something male identify as a female pre teen... In ever other decade, that gets you on a list and jail time. But hey, let's give pervs millions of dollars while the world is collapsing. 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Additionally, as a doctor, surely you know that there are more than XX and XY genders, don't you?  How would you refer to them, if even they don't know what they are?

If you have a penis, you are a male. A *****, a female... You wanna be a different sex.... Commit.... Get the surgery and I'll gladly call you whatever... Once you're 18

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If you have a penis, you are a male. A *****, a female... You wanna be a different sex.... Commit.... Get the surgery and I'll gladly call you whatever... Once you're 18

Surely you know it's not black and white for every person?  That some people are born with genitals that are not clearly male or female?  That some people are born with genitalia that disagree with their chromosomal sex?  That some people are born with something other than XX and XY chromosomes? 

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Surely you know it's not black and white for every person?  That some people are born with genitals that are not clearly male or female?  That some people are born with genitalia that disagree with their chromosomal sex?  That some people are born with something other than XX and XY chromosomes? 

Sure.... But those numbers like genetic mosacisicm and other diagnoses of that ilk are quite few and far between. 

Those shades of Grey exist and occasionally a parent has to choose the sex of the child at birth. 

What my main issue is, is that gender has completely transplanted sex as identification. It didn't happen really until around 1992, but now it's gone far to awry. It's ruining women's rights, it's hurting the classic tomboy and feminine "male" that exist in higher numbers.its actually very bad for the gay/lesbian community at large. 

We have to get a handle on it somehow, the pace at which this movement has picked up is astonishing and it's not because there are that many confused souls on the planet. 

Except on SS😜

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

From my perspective it's allowing people to publicly be who they really are on the inside, which is a good thing.  What you're talking about is akin to stuffing a genie back in the bottle.  Don't think it's gonna happen.

It's not going to happen, it's just like the school boards discussing litter boxes in classrooms because of kids identifying as kittens. 

People can publicly be who they want, I agree with allowing that without all the stigma of the past. But what we have here isn't people being who they are on the inside. We have kids, children, thinking they are an opposite sex becuae it's "in" just look at all the stupidity of the world since the introduction of tiktok and Twitter and etc. Hell, people drank bleach during Covid because they were told (in a sarcastic way). People are more worried about going viral than anything else, at the expense of those who actually do feel that way. 

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This is false.  It NEVER happened.

My best friend and colleague I go to Africa with, she's a teacher.... She had to go in, on an off night, to have a meeting about it. It is very very real. It never passed, but the fact she had to go in for a 2 hour meeting to even discuss it was disturbing enough. 

I do live in NY state, and it's very liberal in terms of these things, it's a state where you can get caught beating your wife and then just be allowed to go back home after to finish the job. Bail reform in the name of "racism"

All of these things are things I have personally witnessed, I'm not just making stuff up, it's all real life stuff that I have first hand experience with the. That's why it chaps my buttocks so bad and also makes me very sad for the future. 

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My best friend and colleague I go to Africa with, she's a teacher.... She had to go in, on an off night, to have a meeting about it. It is very very real. It never passed, but the fact she had to go in for a 2 hour meeting to even discuss it was disturbing enough. 

The story that started it all was proven false.  My guess is there were some kids at the school that were trolling the administration.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The story that started it all was proven false.  My guess is there were some kids at the school that were trolling the administration.

I don't know the whole story but I know that we had dinner plans the night that we had to reschedule because of an "urgent meeting" at the school. 

• Haha (+1) 1