The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm skiing while my legs are functioning and the weather is OK... Broke 50mph today for the first time... It was epic! I freaking love skiing

When I was younger I used to full-tuck straight down KB central. No way I'd be that courageous (or dumb) again, lol.

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm skiing while my legs are functioning and the weather is OK... Broke 50mph today for the first time... It was epic! I freaking love skiing

My ski season is officially over. Foot surgery today. Doc says about a month on crutches(we'll see.) 

Keep ripping. I'm losing about 2 weeks of my season. We should be void of snow by April 8th. 

59 minutes ago, ubkev said:

My ski season is officially over. Foot surgery today. Doc says about a month on crutches(we'll see.) 

Keep ripping. I'm losing about 2 weeks of my season. We should be void of snow by April 8th. 

Damn, heal up quick!!

Idk, it got sketchy at the end of the day, it got so heavy and slushy that you'd hit those patches and nearly faceplant. 

I've skiied for 56 weeks total now, late learner. I've gotten a lot of tips on skiing less like a hockey player and more on the outside ski and it's really changed my confidence down the steeper hills. 

It sucks that the tax burden is so high here. I live in Erie county, but in the woods and nestled away in an area that would not be though of as NY by outsiders. This area has so much in terms of all 4 seasons, great food, the mountains and lakes nearby. But the taxes are out of this world insane. A house in PA, not too far from me would literally save me close to 20k a year In overall taxes for a similar house and land. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, shrader said:

You and three other cars all reach a 4 way stop sign at the same exact time.  What do you do?

Me, I wait for someone to make the first move and then go from there.

I’m retired and not in a rush, like most of the other drivers seem to be. I wave others through.

I put in an offer on a house and they accepted, it's much newer and nicer. I love my home and it'll always be my first, but the HOA was stupid and it just needed so much work to do more than typical house stuff. The realtor thinks she can get me wayyyy more than I ever expected for mine now. So I'll be moving closer to Holiday Valley and more in the south nest Allegany. Closing date in early July, as long as there aren't any hiccups. Home inspection is all done and in pre-approved for finances. 

42 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I put in an offer on a house and they accepted, it's much newer and nicer. I love my home and it'll always be my first, but the HOA was stupid and it just needed so much work to do more than typical house stuff. The realtor thinks she can get me wayyyy more than I ever expected for mine now. So I'll be moving closer to Holiday Valley and more in the south nest Allegany. Closing date in early July, as long as there aren't any hiccups. Home inspection is all done and in pre-approved for finances. 

You leaving your map of the world in the place or hiring a crane to take it with you?