The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 3/7/2023 at 11:26 PM, Eleven said:

So I know this guy who brings canned soup to work.  Nothing wrong with that.  

HE EATS IT COLD.  He literally pops the top off of the can and just goes at it with a spoon.  

It's not limited to broth-based soups (e.g. minestrone, chicken noodle, etc.), either; he does this with cream based soups, too.  Like lukewarm potato chowder or cream of broccoli, right out of the can.  I must mention that these are heat-and-eat soups, not condensed soups.

Am I wrong to think this is disgusting?

(Sorry--I needed a distraction from the Sabres' performances in the last 48 hours.)

I think it's weird, but not disgusting.

• Agree 1

Earlier today I saw a parked driver Ed car where both the student (driver seat) and the teacher were typing away on their cell phones.  They're parked, so it's not a big deal, but it was a bit of an uncomfortable sight.

And yesterday I was parked next to a car with a sticker on the back window that said "F*** you" and was in the shape of someone flipping the bird.  A month or so back, I saw one that said "F*** off, you stupid f***cking f***".  How far gone are we that people actually put this garbage on their cars.  And yeah, no asterisks in those stickers.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Earlier today I saw a parked driver Ed car where both the student (driver seat) and the teacher were typing away on their cell phones.  They're parked, so it's not a big deal, but it was a bit of an uncomfortable sight.

And yesterday I was parked next to a car with a sticker on the back window that said "F*** you" and was in the shape of someone flipping the bird.  A month or so back, I saw one that said "F*** off, you stupid f***cking f***".  How far gone are we that people actually put this garbage on their cars.  And yeah, no asterisks in those stickers.

I’m assuming you’ve seen all the recent politically motivated hate stickers using F bombs in your neck of the woods.  I see them daily.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I’m assuming you’ve seen all the recent politically motivated hate stickers using F bombs in your neck of the woods.  I see them daily.

Of course and they're ridiculous.  I just feel like the ones I described are aimed at every single person out there reading it.

@SDS why does twobillsdrive work the opposite of the way you insist we do things here? When Isaiah Mckenzie gets cut and people make a thread, they get merged into a 15 page thread that was about Mckenzie tweets from a week ago so I have to go back and find where things start if I'm not logged in. But when someone used an old thread here you make a stink about it 

TBD is awful about it sometimes, merging stuff barely related into massive threads started forever ago, way worse than one poster stopping by to add to his PSE thread here once in a while 

• 2 weeks later...

I was just trying to sneak I. Some yard work before thunder storm rolls through in an hour or so. About 5 feet away from me the downspout on the gutter gave off a big spark. Then coincidentally there was some thunder a few seconds later. I decided to get the hell out of there and head inside. Can a charged atmosphere cause a spark on a gutter like that?

38 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was just trying to sneak I. Some yard work before thunder storm rolls through in an hour or so. About 5 feet away from me the downspout on the gutter gave off a big spark. Then coincidentally there was some thunder a few seconds later. I decided to get the hell out of there and head inside. Can a charged atmosphere cause a spark on a gutter like that?

It could be that there is a Soul Exchanger in your garden.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Very possible that a feeder was extending from that gutter to the storm cloud.  May have been a very close call.

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

Very possible that a feeder was extending from that gutter to the storm cloud.  May have been a very close call.

It wasn’t a big spark, but enough to catch my attention. It was right next to my brand new aluminum fence too, so I decided no to leave the backyard through that gate. 

On 3/26/2023 at 12:13 PM, shrader said:

That wasn't coincidence. Pretty scary. 

On 3/26/2023 at 2:53 PM, Indabuff said:

Sounds like a warning not to do yard work and just go back in and drink til it hits 60.

It was pushing 70 here. 

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

That wasn't coincidence. Pretty scary. 

so maybe it was a good choice not to go through the metal fence gate right next to it. 

4 hours ago, shrader said:

It was pushing 70 here. 

so maybe it was a good choice not to go through the metal fence gate right next to it. 

You were probably safe at that point cuz the thunder meant that the static was already discharged, but why risk it.