The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm noticing they are pushing the new Avatar movie.  Interesting thing for me, I was 'kinda' into the original one. I did see it at the theater and while I didn't "LOVE" it I did enjoy it.

The new one though that is coming out, I have virtually zero interested in it. Not sure why, normally when there is a sequel to a movie I liked I have some interest in the Sequel, but for the new Avatar movie...nothing.

On 11/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I'll leave the light on for yous.

We don't have any snow yet, but the surf is up.

Surf is up? In the north Atlantic in late November? What in the sam hell is the water temperature right now? It's gotta be near 40, right?

I'm not sure what that is in Canadian temperature. Your ways are strange to me. 😉

8 hours ago, ubkev said:

Surf is up? In the north Atlantic in late November? What in the sam hell is the water temperature right now? It's gotta be near 40, right?

I'm not sure what that is in Canadian temperature. Your ways are strange to me. 😉

The surf is always up, my friend.

The water temperature in Halifax harbour is 8 degrees today.  Out in the real ocean it is about 5 degrees, which is pretty much your 40 degrees F.

Even when the water is at it's warmest (mid to late September when it's almost 20 degrees C) it's hardly bath water and a wetsuit is required.

All that said ... the surf is definately up and it will be way up later today as the wind picks up and will be at it's peak in the early morning tpmorrow when the wind will be steady at 85 and gusting to almost 100 (that's KPH).

I headed out to do some shopping today. It was pouring out and I had an umbrella.

The Salvation Army bell ringer was out there though, doing a good thing.

I asked him if he was taking umbrellas as a donation. He laughed at first but the serious look my face communicated the message.

”Oh! You mean for me?!”

”Ya dude, you want it?”

He was super grateful. I was wearing a Bills cap so he admitted that he was a Cowboys fan but was smitten with the Bills right now.

Good people all over if you’re willing to look for them.

• Awesome! (+1) 5

17 hours ago, Ogre said:

I headed out to do some shopping today. It was pouring out and I had an umbrella.

The Salvation Army bell ringer was out there though, doing a good thing.

I asked him if he was taking umbrellas as a donation. He laughed at first but the serious look my face communicated the message.

”Oh! You mean for me?!”

”Ya dude, you want it?”

He was super grateful. I was wearing a Bills cap so he admitted that he was a Cowboys fan but was smitten with the Bills right now.

Good people all over if you’re willing to look for them.

You don't have to look very far.  Just find a mirror and look into it.

Good man.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, Eleven said:

We could have a poll thread about who is the biggest jerk on the board.  We could even call it a "jerck off" (had to get around the filter).  I'd probably win.

Ahem.

Separately -- without looking, does anyone know the name for a group of raccoons?  Or bears?

A group of raccoons is a "gaze." 

A group of bears is a "sleuth."

EDIT:  if anyone knows the spoiler tags, I'd appreciate a refresher!

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Ahem.

Separately -- without looking, does anyone know the name for a group of raccoons?  Or bears?

A group of raccoons is a "gaze." 

A group of bears is a "sleuth."

EDIT:  if anyone knows the spoiler tags, I'd appreciate a refresher!

Pod of whales.   Murder of crows.  I know a lot of these for no good reason.  But I didn't know racoons.

A few years ago I received an email with court documents intended for a Sarah Rader in Pennsylvania.  I responded to the court clerk that she had the wrong email address.  She thanked me and we were done.  I'm assuming Sarah has the middle initial H. 

Anyway, fast forward to last week and I get an email quote for some electrical work for Sarah.  Again, it looked fairly important, so I responded to let them know they have the wrong email address.  They respond by sending me the quote for a second time.  Today I'm up to 3 emails with this same quote.  I've googled the electrician and it looks to be a very reputable company in PA.  They pretty clearly don't care all that much about that woman's business since they keep sending out to the same address over and over even after being told it's incorrect.