The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

35 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I'm very confused by your posts, do you not believe something happened or...?

The posts and replies speak for themselves.

Something happened.

I just thought it was a nice summary of the worst of the Internet. "Nut" was the cherry on top.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

But they didn't shoot anyone, as it turns out.  From stories I'm seeing:

• Guy approaches the gate without a badge.
  • He asks them to find someone for him in the plant.
  • While they're talking to him and not letting him proceed, they notice a brief case in the back seat.
  • Worried about possible explosives, they detain him further.
  • He kills himself.

Glad you and everyone else are alright.  Unfortunate someone took their own life.

Edited by Indabuff

Would you all consider Sabrespace "social media?" 

I ask, because I don't have Twitter or Facebook or Instagram, etc, and think I do a good job of avoiding a lot of news and things alike. 

My Gal likes to say that I am into social media because I lurk this board quite frequently and post in spurts, and this is for all intents and purposes a social media site. 

Discuss. 

41 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Would you all consider Sabrespace "social media?" 

I ask, because I don't have Twitter or Facebook or Instagram, etc, and think I do a good job of avoiding a lot of news and things alike. 

My Gal likes to say that I am into social media because I lurk this board quite frequently and post in spurts, and this is for all intents and purposes a social media site. 

Discuss. 

Would say it IS social media but isn't "mainstream" social media.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I agree with @Taro T it is social media because we are interacting in much the same way as other social media sites.

The big difference to me is the common theme and posts on SabreSpace.  In general we are here because we are fans of the Sabres and our discussions generally involve the Sabres.  Most other popular social media outlets do not share that commonality.

SabreSpace is the same as other social media sites in that it is addictive.  And you, sir, are no lurker.  You are a full fledged one of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u0Ep0XAYXk

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly typed ...
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Got an e-mail from the Sabres that there are also T-shirts w/ the Sabres emblem available in the One Buffalo Store like the Bils ones in the tweet below to support the victims of last week's horrific shooting.  (Didn't see the Sabres version of the tweet & no data on whether there's a Bandits version.  Edit:  There are Bandits versions also available.)

The net profits are getting donated to charity.  (The tweet & the e-mail imply that the entire purchase price will go to charity, but that isn't the case.  It still is generous.)

Edited by Taro T

I got caught In basically a tornado up here, it ravaged the area, was amazingly nice all day and then 3pm hit and it tore through Ottawa and surrounding regions, almost blew me off the highway. A bunch died and there is no power for a lot of the region, street lights out. I found a way to an IKEA parking garage and waited it out there. It was crazy. 

11 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I got caught In basically a tornado up here, it ravaged the area, was amazingly nice all day and then 3pm hit and it tore through Ottawa and surrounding regions, almost blew me off the highway. A bunch died and there is no power for a lot of the region, street lights out. I found a way to an IKEA parking garage and waited it out there. It was crazy. 

Yikes!

Glad you're ok.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Happy *May 24* weekend to all my fellow hosers out there in SabreSpace Land, eh!!

Although in Québec (ague alert @PASabreFan) they have official changed the name of the holiday from *May 24* to National Patriots Day (Oh, boy ...), but hay why not.  They are a unique Nation.

Victoria day eh? 

Alll the stores are closed and I was saddened as I needed to refill my wine gum stash on the way back to the states. 

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Happy *May 24* weekend to all my fellow hosers out there in SabreSpace Land, eh!!

Although in Québec (ague alert @PASabreFan) they have official changed the name of the holiday from *May 24* to National Patriots Day (Oh, boy ...), but hay why not.  They are a unique Nation.

Do they get out the Jacque-boots and march around?

42 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Victoria day eh? 

Alll the stores are closed and I was saddened as I needed to refill my wine gum stash on the way back to the states. 

Yous heard rong, mate!!  All the stores are open, well maybe not the Govenment controlled wine gummy shops.

37 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Do they get out the Jacque-boots and march around?

All I knows is my lovely bride, who is from Montéal does not even own a pair of those.  All kinds of sexy little numbers, but not the dreaded Jacque-boots.  I believe it's low key on the Nationalistic front and mostly about the universal pass-time in all of Canada ... drinking beer.

June 24 (Fête de la Saint Jean or Fête Nationale) is the real deal for real Québec Nationalists.

The man that started the whole Toronto = The Great Satan movement has passed away.

https://halifax.citynews.ca/local-news/andrew-krystal-former-citynews-halifax-talk-show-host-dies-5397615

It's sad that he has passed on at such a young age and that it's only he and myself (as far as I know) that refer to The Great Satan as such.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What's happened to @Thorny ??

Did he decide to take mosquito season off and enjoy the wondefulness of Winterpeg ??

His last post was just before the Eichel return game.

I can’t help but think that’s not a coincidence.

• Thanks (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Another Tantrum by Liger as he closes a thread because he's disagreed with. Dude needs a chill pill or some good weed or something. 

Get off your cloud of judgment and walk down here with us mortals for a week or two. 

the matrix GIF

• Haha (+1) 1