The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Very cool.  Rich Strike was the #21 horse.  Coming out of the gate he was furthest from the rail.  At the start of the race you can see him quickly work toward the rail and then methodically work his way up through the pack.  As they come into the home stretch he's still in about 10th place and in heavy traffic.  He gets to the inside and down the stretch ends up behind Messier (#4) who had been leading but was fading fast.  You see the jockey pull hard on the rein to maneuver Rich Strike to the right.... his head almost sideways... and he quickly passes Messier and has open track ahead and his sprint just blows away #3 Epicenter to win by about 3/4 of a length; it wasn't even close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaG8qgVMGag

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

I mentioned I watched a game in Rouyn in the prospect thread. Walking around the old barn I saw this old team photo of the Montreal Junior Canadiens from 1967-68. I’ve seen a few of their 69-70 team with Perreault and Martin but this older one was new to me.

Perreault at 17 or 18 in the middle back row.

1190A6C2-5EB7-4F8B-B58D-EDF0521D4246.thumb.jpeg.7b83747a779bdc35a45e2aae7ebb0644.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I mentioned I watched a game in Rouyn in the prospect thread. Walking around the old barn I saw this old team photo of the Montreal Junior Canadiens from 1967-68. I’ve seen a few of their 69-70 team with Perreault and Martin but this older one was new to me.

Perreault at 17 or 18 in the middle back row.

1190A6C2-5EB7-4F8B-B58D-EDF0521D4246.thumb.jpeg.7b83747a779bdc35a45e2aae7ebb0644.jpeg

Pretty stacked team.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

One dead but I think the shooter was one of the guards and the shootee was IDed as a threat. 

That seems to be close to the best outcome given the circumstances.  Hopefully the guard has good councilling resources available.  Really doubt he'd signed up intentionally to kill someone this morning.   

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That seems to be close to the best outcome given the circumstances.  Hopefully the guard has good councilling resources available.  Really doubt he'd signed up intentionally to kill someone this morning.   

I think many/most of the front gate guards are ex-military so they've had some level of training and perhaps some combat service.

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think many/most of the front gate guards are ex-military so they've had some level of training and perhaps some combat service.

Doesn't change the fact that he didn't expect to be shooting someone he knew when he woke up this morning.  That seems to be significantly different than shooting an enemy he doesn't personally know that wants him dead.

• Thanks (+1) 1

But they didn't shoot anyone, as it turns out.  From stories I'm seeing:

• Guy approaches the gate without a badge.
  • He asks them to find someone for him in the plant.
  • While they're talking to him and not letting him proceed, they notice a brief case in the back seat.
  • Worried about possible explosives, they detain him further.
  • He kills himself.
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But they didn't shoot anyone, as it turns out.  From stories I'm seeing:

• Guy approaches the gate without a badge.
  • He asks them to find someone for him in the plant.
  • While they're talking to him and not letting him proceed, they notice a brief case in the back seat.
  • Worried about possible explosives, they detain him further.
  • He kills himself.

Seems your security guards are very good at their jobs.

Shame the nut killed himself, but better that than him getting the person he was looking for 1st.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The best of the Internet right there. Misinformation followed by uninformed commentary.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Thank God the shooter was proficient.

I'm very confused by your posts, do you not believe something happened or...?