The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Grey catbirds are building their nest in my rose bushes again this year. Same place as last year. Same place were my dogs ate the baby birds immediately after they hatched. 

Mother Nature is undefeated. Just her way of saying we don't need your dumb ass genes in the pool.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Why do you continually pick, pick, pick?  Do you think it's funny?  Is it amusing to you?  Seriously, what's your problem?

My God you're a pod. Just use ignore already. And stop sitting on your brain on bike rides.

A guest calls me late last night to see if I can void a sports book bet for him. 

Dude has a 4 series parlay. Nuggets, Jazz, Raptors and T-Wolves all to win their series. Wants the bet voided.

I'm just like......nah. But good luck to ya. 

How are you going to ask to void a bet that's already started? 

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

A guest calls me late last night to see if I can void a sports book bet for him. 

Dude has a 4 series parlay. Nuggets, Jazz, Raptors and T-Wolves all to win their series. Wants the bet voided.

I'm just like......nah. But good luck to ya. 

How are you going to ask to void a bet that's already started? 

But, but, DraftKings was advertising some sort of walk away provision when a bet goes sideways.  Why don't YOU do that too?  To not do it makes you a doody head.  (Or actually someone that understands how betting has worked for the entire history of gambling.  Perspective matters.  😉 )

S'pose it's also possible he watched Albert Brooks in Lost in America the night before, but that is far less likely.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I missed some fun here.  Oh, well.

Ramadan was great.  Always goes by so quickly.

Good to be back.

I am having my first morning coffee in 30 days.

There was going to be some controversy deciding when Ramadan would end.  The calculation method would have had the month end at sunset on day 29, but there was no place on earth that the Eid crescent could be visible even with telescopic aids.  So, the whole planet decided that we would use the traditional moon sighting method, which I prefer, and made the month 30 days.  No month can be longer than 30 days.  Easy peasy and no controversy.  The crescent moon was easily sightable before sunset yesterday in many places, especially in North America.  Interesting that due to the dateline Muslims in India, Pakistan, Austrailia ... fasted only 29 days.

So, when's the draft.

LOL !! VEGAS!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Another interesting development this Ramadan.

My wife has always had certain political leanings that generally matched mine.

I'll just say that she was loyal viewer of The View, but didn't always like their takes 100%.

One evening early in Ramadan (maybe even day 1) when I was making supper I could here strange sounds coming from the living room (no TV, but YouTube).

Me .. Sweetheart, what are you watching?

Sweetheart ... Megyn Kelly.   She's fantastic and not that crazed nut job right winger everyone on The View hates.

Me ... Okay ... (meanwhile, I am thinking ...

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

OTOH ...

It's really hot and sexy ... it's like having an affair without cheating on my wife !!

And another thing ...

March, April and May have always been my best months revenue wise ... no kidding.

March 2022 was my third best month in over 15 years of doing this.  April 2022 was my best month ever, by a good margin.  Between the two of them I billed out $18K, which for me working on my own is huge.  Paying off some debt and have a substancial *slushie fund* built up for the first time in several years (for considerable time recently we had 2 houses ... no *slushie fund*).

May is looking very good too.

Looks like I will need all my CPA know how to address my own small corporation income tax issue come next filing ... 😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

@Taro T,

I trust Lent went well and that you and your family had a Blessed Easter?

Easter Blessings.

Update.

Just found out my wife was trying to kill us.

Well, maybe not TRYING to, but just found out likely why my son & yours truly were having stomach issues the past week or so.  Some of the candies she bought us for Easter were recalled for salmonella contamination!

Yikes!

But, on the flip side, am now very glad my doctor convinced me a year or so to take vitamin D (after years of giving me flack for having shockingly low levels of it). 😉

(Will credit the milder effects to the vitamin D even though the real difference in discomfort was more likely due to eating a lot less of it.)

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

Update.

Just found out my wife was trying to kill us.

Well, maybe not TRYING to, but just found out likely why my son & yours truly were having stomach issues the past week or so.  Some of the candies she bought us for Easter were recalled for salmonella contamination!

Yikes!

But, on the flip side, am now very glad my doctor convinced me a year or so to take vitamin D (after years of giving me flack for having shockingly low levels of it). 😉

(Will credit the milder effects to the vitamin D even though the real difference in discomfort was more likely due to eating a lot less of it.)

Sorry to hear this and glad that it seems that you are all on the mend.

You hve to convince your lovely bride to stay out of the huge discount bin and to pay close attention to the warnings.

I mostly blame the retailer for not removing the recalled stuff, but if it was purchased before the recall then it's not really their problem anymore.

Hope that we get a full recovery report soon.

• Thanks (+1) 1