The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

34 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I like watching Gaffigan and Stanhope back to back. It goes from nice and happy and light to daaaaaarrrrrrrrrrk in a hurry. Makes me smile. Like watching a sunny day turn into trailer park destroying tornadoes.

I don't know who Stanhope is but I guess I'll search later today if I ever fall asleep and then wake up.  And I would watch them in reverse order, I'd think.  And trailer parks cannot destroy tornados.  

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I don't know who Stanhope is but I guess I'll search later today if I ever fall asleep and then wake up.  And I would watch them in reverse order, I'd think.  And trailer parks cannot destroy tornados.  

Doug Stanhope. Super dark comic. He's definitely not for everyone.

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

That's what Gaffigan does for me.  He definitely doesn't make me laugh, and he's not mean enough to make me snicker.  He makes me giggle, and that's okay.  It's like he's the mayonnaise of comedians.  He'll pull the sandwich together but you're not going to rave about him.  Actually, he kind of LOOKS like the mayonnaise of comedians.

He'd probably be the first one to label himself that mayonnaise of comedians too.

I like his stuff, but the world tour thing they did on Amazon or whatever was tough to watch. Got a little bit insulting to the cultures he was standing in front of in my opinion.

5 hours ago, ubkev said:

Doug Stanhope. Super dark comic. He's definitely not for everyone.

I took my wife, brother and sister in law to see Doug.  Let’s just say, I was the only one laughing in the group.  He’s not for everyone but he’s my favorite by far.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For so it had come about, as indeed I and many men might have foreseen had not terror and disaster blinded our minds. These germs of disease have taken toll of humanity since the beginning of things—taken toll of our prehuman ancestors since life began here. But by virtue of this natural selection of our kind we have developed resisting-power; to no germs do we succumb without a struggle, and to many—those that cause putrefaction in dead matter, for instance—our living frames are altogether immune. But there are no bacteria in Mars, and directly these invaders arrived, directly they drank and fed, our microscopic allies began to work their overthrow. Already when I watched them they were irrevocably doomed, dying and rotting even as they went to and fro. It was inevitable. By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers.

52 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

For so it had come about, as indeed I and many men might have foreseen had not terror and disaster blinded our minds. These germs of disease have taken toll of humanity since the beginning of things—taken toll of our prehuman ancestors since life began here. But by virtue of this natural selection of our kind we have developed resisting-power; to no germs do we succumb without a struggle, and to many—those that cause putrefaction in dead matter, for instance—our living frames are altogether immune. But there are no bacteria in Mars, and directly these invaders arrived, directly they drank and fed, our microscopic allies began to work their overthrow. Already when I watched them they were irrevocably doomed, dying and rotting even as they went to and fro. It was inevitable. By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers.

Didn't win the PowerBall, eh?

Edited by Taro T

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Ok, I caved, spent 10 dollars and bought 5 Mega millions tickets, for Friday.

You can laugh, but I mean it. I like my life. If I win a billion dollars, that life is over. If I win a million, I get to keep it,... it would just be a whole lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do you replace the plastic clip after opening a loaf of bread, and, if so, why?

Plastic clip? Like on a bag of hot dog buns? Yes. The bread we buy only comes with a twist tie. And I replace it until I'm down to the last 2 slices.