The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

*feels warm in here. I'll check the thermostat:

"69!? Who the hell set the thermostat to 69 ***** degrees? Somebody else better start paying the bills in this mother *****, they want the thermostat set to 69 degrees!"

What do you normally set it at in winter months?  I go 68 - 69° during the day (unless no ones home for a few hours), and 65° overnight.

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What do you normally set it at in winter months?  I go 68 - 69° during the day (unless no ones home for a few hours), and 65° overnight.

67. Pennsylvania is the south and its warm down here. 😛

18 hours ago, SwampD said:

I woke up today feeling,… not so great.

Say what you want about the taste, but the hangover healing properties of the McDonald's two cheeseburger meal really need to be studied by science.

Greasy/fatty food is the hangover cure. It's that simple.

Garbage plates exist for this reason. 🙂

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Greasy/fatty food is the hangover cure. It's that simple.

Garbage plates exist for this reason. 🙂

While somewhat true, nothing works as well for me as the two cheeseburger meal from McDonald's. Even the two cheeseburger meal from Burger King doesn't work for me.

57 minutes ago, SwampD said:

While somewhat true, nothing works as well for me as the two cheeseburger meal from McDonald's. Even the two cheeseburger meal from Burger King doesn't work for me.

Makes sense.  BK flame grilling allows some of the melted fat to drip down into the Flames.  MickeyD's keeping everything on that hot steel greasy surface doesn't let nearly as much of that melted fat to get away.

Plus, about 2 years ago MickeyD's made a big deal about their burger patties getting  reformulated to make them "juicier."  Took that to mean they dropped the beef quality by ~10% from an 85-90% beef patty to more like 75-80%.  (All beef %ages are purely guestimates; probably underestimating the fat content by at least 5% if not 10%.)

21 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That 1/4" you've got is 1/4" more than we have here.

Hope you don't have to drive anywhere.  Can't believe the people in Ft. Worth are any better at driving in the stuff than Houstonians were many moons ago.

Edited by Taro T

On 1/10/2021 at 12:21 PM, Taro T said:

Hope you don't have to drive anywhere.

It never dropped below freezing.  The roads stayed wet but otherwise clear.  I zipped out for some takeout at dinnertime and it wasn't bad.  Before the snow stopped, just a bit of slush accumulated on the street but by evening even that was gone.  The weather people remarked that if we're going to have a "winter storm" (storm- ha!) this was the way to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

A truly random question for our lawyer friends out there...what happens to your bills/possessions if you are sentenced to prison? Most people obviously have a mortgage, car, cell phone bills...what happens to these bills? Who takes over my house, my car? @Eleven

Edited by WildCard

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

A truly random question for our lawyer friends out there...what happens to your bills/possessions if you are sentenced to prison? Most people obviously have a mortgage, car, cell phone bills...what happens to these bills? Who takes over my house, my car?

Charlie, is there something you want to tell us about?  😉

26 minutes ago, WildCard said:

A truly random question for our lawyer friends out there...what happens to your bills/possessions if you are sentenced to prison? Most people obviously have a mortgage, car, cell phone bills...what happens to these bills? Who takes over my house, my car? @Eleven

If you're still paying your bills, or someone is paying them for you, you can keep your house and car (as long as you don't need to liquidate them for restitution or something).  If you're not paying your bills, expect repo or foreclosure just like in normal times. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

If you're still paying your bills, or someone is paying them for you, you can keep your house and car (as long as you don't need to liquidate them for restitution or something).  If you're not paying your bills, expect repo or foreclosure just like in normal times. 

So in addition to going to prison, I will obviously not be working my job anymore, so I won't have income, and I will lose all my stuff. 

What about people getting SS or income other ways, like stocks?

Just now, WildCard said:

So in addition to going to prison, I will obviously not be working my job anymore, so I won't have income, and I will lose all my stuff. 

What about people getting SS or income other ways, like stocks?

All the lenders care about is that they get their money.  They don't care whether it comes from a job, a loved one, stocks, or sabrespace.  If they're paid, you'll keep your stuff. 

Just now, Eleven said:

All the lenders care about is that they get their money.  They don't care whether it comes from a job, a loved one, stocks, or sabrespace.  If they're paid, you'll keep your stuff. 

But I still get SS if I go to prison? They don't cut that off?

GoFundMe incoming in 3...2...1...

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

But I still get SS if I go to prison? They don't cut that off?

GoFundMe incoming in 3...2...1...

Just now, Sabel79 said:

SS is terminated while you're incarcerated.  You can reapply after release.

I have no idea but Sabel makes sense here.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks guys...with all the insanity in the news lately (some people not realizing you can be arrested for things...) it got me thinking what does actually happen to someone when they do get arrested and convicted. Turns out not only are the obvious penalties of actually going through the legal system and to prison pretty bad, but you pretty much lose the life you left behind too. So all in all, not great. Stay out of prison folks

On 1/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, PASabreFan said:

You also need a note from NS. I imagine SDS would reactivate the account quickly.

@WildCard would really, really, really make it worth my while to get that note he will so urgently need ...

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

@WildCard would really, really, really need to make it worth my while to get that note he will so urgently need ...

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

@WildCard would really, really, really make it worth my while to get that note he will so urgently need ...

What in the blazes just happened ...

On 1/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, WildCard said:

Thanks guys...with all the insanity in the news lately (some people not realizing you can be arrested for things...) it got me thinking what does actually happen to someone when they do get arrested and convicted. Turns out not only are the obvious penalties of actually going through the legal system and to prison pretty bad, but you pretty much lose the life you left behind too. So all in all, not great. Stay out of prison folks

Listen up kids.  You heard it here first!

Prison?  It’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Watching Jim Gaffigan stand-up for the first time.  I can't stop giggling.

That's what Gaffigan does for me.  He definitely doesn't make me laugh, and he's not mean enough to make me snicker.  He makes me giggle, and that's okay.  It's like he's the mayonnaise of comedians.  He'll pull the sandwich together but you're not going to rave about him.  Actually, he kind of LOOKS like the mayonnaise of comedians.

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That's what Gaffigan does for me.  He definitely doesn't make me laugh, and he's not mean enough to make me snicker.  He makes me giggle, and that's okay.  It's like he's the mayonnaise of comedians.  He'll pull the sandwich together but you're not going to rave about him.  Actually, he kind of LOOKS like the mayonnaise of comedians.

I like watching Gaffigan and Stanhope back to back. It goes from nice and happy and light to daaaaaarrrrrrrrrrk in a hurry. Makes me smile. Like watching a sunny day turn into trailer park destroying tornadoes.