The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Got evacuated from my house at 1:00 AM due to a wild fire that’s still burning.  Living in a hotel waiting to see what happens.  Didn’t expect that on Christmas Eve.  

Hope all turns out well.  Good news is you are safe. 

7 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Got evacuated from my house at 1:00 AM due to a wild fire that’s still burning.  Living in a hotel waiting to see what happens.  Didn’t expect that on Christmas Eve.  

Dayum.   Glad you're safe.  Hoping for best for your house and possessions.

Hope you can have a Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Hope all turns out well.  Good news is you are safe. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Dayum.   Glad you're safe.  Hoping for best for your house and possessions.

Hope you can have a Merry Christmas.

Thank you guys. I just drove by the area and it doesn’t look too bad. I think we will be ok.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Eggnog… Either you hate it or you like it…

what say you?

I like it. I buy the light eggnog from upstate farms. And I even cut that with a little bit of milk or almond milk..

The only way it can be consumed is with alcohol.  And by that, I mean drink the alcohol and forget you left the eggnog on the counter so it goes bad and you have to throw it out.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LTS said:

The only way it can be consumed is with alcohol.  And by that, I mean drink the alcohol and forget you left the eggnog on the counter so it goes bad and you have to throw it out.

1/3 Wild Turkey 101 to 2/3 nog.  Mix well.  Add ice.  Repeat as necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Well, I guess I’m freak for not needing alcohol to enjoy eggnog 😂

I've had eggnog once. It was flavored with some Christmas flavors, cinnamon and such. It was pretty darn good. Quite thick though. Could only drink it in about 6 oz servings. 

I did like it better with bourbon though 😛

• Like (+1) 1

Napping Hitler

Space Shuttle shark

***** Parisian street artist — mon ami, pro tip: keep the beret on

FDR with vacant stare

Noseless Jay Leno

Smug polar bear waiter holding menu tight to chest, towel slung over right shoulder — hey, just because we all ordered water doesn't mean we're bad tippers

Gold lace marlite, circa 1972

On 12/24/2020 at 6:25 PM, Zamboni said:

Well, I guess I’m freak for not needing alcohol to enjoy eggnog 😂

Oh I like it fine by itself... no other choice because well I dont drink alcohol anymore, but I dont live in Buffalo any more either wait is that a redundant statement?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Every restaurant in Ohio has laminated menus with pictures of food.

They don't allow people with scarves.  ESPECIALLY people who are new to scarves and are wearing them to show off their scarves to the menus.

Typical. Ohio’s in the Stone Age. Here in Jersey, restaurants have QR code’s on the table and you use your own phone to order.

My son insists on beating the ever loving ***** out of me in chess on a sometimes daily basis. You people have read my posts here, I'm basically a simpleton. I've never won and I never will. I hate strategy games, I don't want to learn! Why does he make me do this? When he decided he didn't want to play baseball anymore, I supported his decision. I don't drag him to the field everyday throwing smoke at him to make myself feel better about striking him out. 

Anyway, I hate chess. Oh, and Connect 4 can ***** right off!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

My son insists on beating the ever loving ***** out of me in chess on a sometimes daily basis. You people have read my posts here, I'm basically a simpleton. I've never won and I never will. I hate strategy games, I don't want to learn! Why does he make me do this? When he decided he didn't want to play baseball anymore, I supported his decision. I don't drag him to the field everyday throwing smoke at him to make myself feel better about striking him out. 

Anyway, I hate chess. Oh, and Connect 4 can ***** right off!

I love chess and play all the time on line. My dad never let me win. Just stomped my head into the ground every time. I'm glad he did. He passed away when I was just nine and I beat him once before he died, that's how I knew something was really wrong. Has your son played online? He will find great players to play against.

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I love chess and play all the time on line. My dad never let me win. Just stomped my head into the ground every time. I'm glad he did. He passed away when I was just nine and I beat him once before he died, that's how I knew something was really wrong. Has your son played online? He will find great players to play against.

My son dominates online. Last I knew his rating was stupid high. But he's computerless currently because he thinks he's bobby fisher and he's skipping out on homework in order to play chess.

19 minutes ago, ubkev said:

My son dominates online. Last I knew his rating was stupid high. But he's computerless currently because he thinks he's bobby fisher and he's skipping out on homework in order to play chess.

Good for him (in terms of skill and desire to play)! Although I can see the skipping homework as an annoyance from the parent's side of it. If he insists on crushing your non-chess soul, then you need to set up a handicap. Your bishops or rooks are also queens, for example.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Damn COVID!!

I always thought Mary Ann was a whole lot sexier than Ginger and Mrs. Howell combined.  Yup.

Well, considering Mrs. Howell had a double mastectomy & was older than dirt before heading out on that 3 hour cruise, not sure how one combines her w/ Ginger and improves Ginger at all, there's no way combining them makes them closer to Mary Ann than Ginger was on her own.

Mary Ann, Samantha, & Bailey Quarters forever over Ginger, Genie, & Jennifer.

• Like (+1) 1

*feels warm in here. I'll check the thermostat:

"69!? Who the hell set the thermostat to 69 ***** degrees? Somebody else better start paying the bills in this mother *****, they want the thermostat set to 69 degrees!"